1. Posting Suggestions and Responses

Hello Guest, please read and follow the below instructions:
    • When posting a suggestion, make sure it is not a previously posted suggestion.
    • Make your best effort to respond to suggestions in an understandable and reasonable manner.
    • Everyone disagrees, just be respectful.
    • Do not complain if your suggestion is denied by the Administration, or voted away by the community.
    • This section is used for community feedback, Mafia City Roleplay makes no garuntees that a feature will be added.
    • Mafia City Roleplay reserves the right to prohibit posting in this section at any time, for any reason.
    Please understand that all suggestions may not receive a response until release.
    Dismiss Notice

Modification Suggestion Add a "typing..." above players head

Discussion in 'Implemented Suggestions' started by Logan Cross, Dec 10, 2019.

?

Do you support this suggestion?

This poll will close on Apr 8, 2020 at 4:16 PM.
  1. Yes

91.2%
  2. No

8.8%
  1. Logan Cross

Logan Cross New Guy

Suggestion Title:
    Add a "typing..." above players head

Suggestion Category:
    Roleplay Server

Suggestion Sub-Category:
    Players interacting with each other

Suggestion:
    Simple suggestion which will clear up some confusion and is a general 'make life easier' development idea. Once an individual begins typing a /me, /do or even a way to implement it so when they're viewing their B or O menu it comes up a small pop up in faint colours above their head to indicate it so you're not wondering if the individual is responding to your roleplay or whatever.

Venom, Zimz and Cat like this.
  2. Shorty

Shorty Meh Guy

Support this alot, so much awkward silence when i can't see what people are doing.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. aon

aon The Guy
    Hype Team Founding Supp. Supporter

that breaks immersion tho

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Thurnus

Thurnus Meh Guy

I feel like this would be a good addition. It'd help so much to clear out confusion whether the player is just stalling RP or that they're actually doing something. But of course, some people would just type slow on purpose.

I support this idea anyway.

5. Cat

Cat Tester
    Tester

Plus one from me. It stops the awkward pause where we're not sure if the other is typing or not.

I'd rather wait for a good response and be aware I have to wait for it than move on whilst the other person is still responding.

6. Meti

Meti New Guy
    Founding Supp. Supporter

I enjoy this idea

7. Jackson Wellington

Jackson Wellington Newer Guy
    Supporter

I enjoy this idea will benefit all situations and add to the immersion as we would understand the person is about to do something and doesn’t need to be met with “hey u still there”

8. Chanty

Chanty New Guy
    Supporter

Breaks immersion imo. I'm voting no as this isn't "the city we shall not name"

9. Nightranger

Nightranger Meh Guy

Breaks immersion, but /me and /do doesn't?
    HUD doesn't?
    Loading bars don't?

It's still typing all this would do, Is inform the awaiting RP party that they are responding and haven't suddenly gone AFK...

It would be a good implementation to have

Ravyn likes this.
  10. Shorty

Shorty Meh Guy

No what's breaking my immersion @Chanty is people not talking for 20 seconds because they are typing.

11. Matt

Matt Meh Guy
    Founding Supp. Supporter

I very much support this suggestion. As @Shorty pointed out, awkward silence is more immersion-breaking than a typing notification. That's just my opinion, of course.

Ravyn and Venom like this.
  12. Jokigo

Jokigo Alright Guy

I have to agree with this suggestion, I have read a couple of responses and am confused about how people are saying it will break immersion??? Breaking immersion is suddenly barking like a dog when getting arrested. Not having a little "typing" symbol above your head informing other players you are still there but you are just righting a /me or /do, it also helps stop this "HELLO? you there?" stuff, but I love the idea 10000% wanna see this implemented so we can be more aware.

13. aon

aon The Guy

Hmm ur actually right, it doesn't break immersion any more than the person going blank for 5 seconds. Idk tho I still don't know how I feel about more floating text on my screen

14. Joenly

Joenly Member of Staff
    Moderator Founding Supp. Supporter

Very good idea! :D

15. Franky

Franky Player
    Supporter

I support this, I had an encounter with the police that would have went a lot better if this was a thing.

16. Joshua

Joshua Lead Administration
    Lead Admin

This overall is a great suggestion. I can seriously see the benefit with this.

Venom, Cat and Logan Cross like this.
  17. StreetLgnd

StreetLgnd Meh Guy

Please add this. Too many people are trigger happy when you are trying to type something in /b

18. Joenly

Joenly Member of Staff
    Moderator Founding Supp. Supporter

This has been implemented! :D

Logan Cross likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice