1. Posting Suggestions and Responses

Hello Guest, please read and follow the below instructions:
    • When posting a suggestion, make sure it is not a previously posted suggestion.
    • Make your best effort to respond to suggestions in an understandable and reasonable manner.
    • Everyone disagrees, just be respectful.
    • Do not complain if your suggestion is denied by the Administration, or voted away by the community.
    • This section is used for community feedback, Mafia City Roleplay makes no garuntees that a feature will be added.
    • Mafia City Roleplay reserves the right to prohibit posting in this section at any time, for any reason.
    Please understand that all suggestions may not receive a response until release.
    Dismiss Notice

Alias confirmation

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Balcas, Jan 16, 2020.

?

Do you support this suggestion?

This poll will close on May 15, 2020 at 9:19 AM.
  1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  1. Balcas

Balcas New Guy
    Founding Supp. Supporter

Suggestion Title:
    Alias confirmation or Removing alias.

Suggestion Category:
    Roleplay Server

Suggestion Sub-Category:
    Script Alias

Suggestion:
    So basically i would like to see a system that a person who is getting Aliased by another person lets say on the street would have to confirm that they allow being aliased. Because at the moment people are Aliasing other people all the time as "Cop1,Cop2 or Kill1 and so on". And I'm basing this from the idea that this is VoiceRP so we can always recognize someones voice or remember how somebody looks or even what cars he drives. Because at the moment a lot of people just Powergame someones name who is in the car and just follow him even though they didn't see there face or anything they just see an alias above their head. This would make the server more immersive and it would make it a bit harder for people to identify who is who and would make it way more realistic.

So the basic idea of it would be: If i alias someone a bar should pop up for the guy i'm aliasing that he could confirm it. If it's not confirmed i just have to memorize how he looks and how he sounds.

Also, a possible solution if reports would be a problem could be having a timestamp running somewhere that staff could find out who the person was at a specific time with specific id like 1 2 3 or 4.
    If we would remove alias all together.

#1 Balcas, Jan 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
    RvGhost likes this.
  2. Balcas

Balcas New Guy
    Founding Supp. Supporter

Also, there could be a possibility to remove all the aliases all together.

3. Terrance Martinez

Terrance Martinez Newer Guy

I dislike this idea. Nicknaming someone as they please should be given with greater freedom without consent of the other person

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Joenly

Joenly Member of Staff
    Moderator Founding Supp. Supporter

I like the idea of just aliasing someone nicknames etc. I've called people nicknames and I don't want to be awkward and meet them later on and be like "who are you again?"

But the removing of alias is a good option, although you can easily alias someone as "stranger" if you wish to forget their name.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Azrael Kekoa (DASU) and Balcas like this.
  5. JohnGambino

JohnGambino Meh Guy

If i mess up the alias i just do that, Alias them as 'stranger'

Balcas likes this.
  6. PlayeroneSVK

PlayeroneSVK Newer Guy

Agree with remove lot of ppl metagaming you can actually see it on report videos too :D When they tagging someone OOCLY....

It should be double sided like friend request... When they gonna accept that real names will reveal...

Xenon and Balcas like this.
  7. Xenon

Xenon Meh Guy
    Hype Team Founding Supp. Supporter

I totally agree with the full removal and just have ids for the admins and reports. As it's the most common thing to be powergamed and meta its so hard to prove, by removing it you take the chance of it ever happening. Plus adds to more immersion as you have to actually remember people by voice clothes car etc an not just save gangs or police like andy said as cop1 bratva2 savage3 etc... as half of my members dont wanna play anymore due to all this forums war and pg and Meta shit it's just turning into eclipse again too much toxicity... my guys are just here to have fun and rp we have never evan robbed anyone ig lol...

Balcas likes this.
  8. PlayeroneSVK

PlayeroneSVK Newer Guy

So you are tagging every cop by Cap1, Cop2 so you know he is a cop ?

Balcas likes this.
  9. Shorty

Shorty Meh Guy

You could do it like so. You would ask for consent of whoever you are trying to name, to alias them. If they accept you can nickname them as you please.

Balcas likes this.
  10. Mdarude

Mdarude Newer Guy

I agree on this would be even better for RP

Balcas and Xenon like this.
  11. MrSpray

MrSpray Member of Staff
    Moderator Founding Supp. Supporter

Should just add words that cant be added, like 'Cop' & 'kill' for example should not allow you to use those words in an alias.

Balcas likes this.
  12. Frank

Frank Content Developer
    Developer Senior Moderator Supporter

In my opinion, the whole alias and Stranger ID system should be scrapped.

13. Xenon

Xenon Meh Guy

Thank you frank spoken like a true god!

/me bows in his presence

Balcas likes this.
  14. Balcas

Balcas New Guy
    Founding Supp. Supporter

Well we could get a system with a timestamp and short IDs just to track down rule-breakers. Or get a system that was already suggested before to actually have like a friendlist.

15. Azrael Kekoa (DASU)

Founding Supp. Supporter

My Thoughts Exactly Joenly.... I like being able to listen in on a conversation and remember a name with out them even knowing I am there... To me that is the essence of immersion.... you never know who is listening!

Joenly and Balcas like this.
  16. Terrance Martinez

Terrance Martinez Newer Guy

I write like Officer marshal or officer jack and so on

17. Balcas

Balcas New Guy
    Founding Supp. Supporter

Well then remember how they look or how they sound. Because i dont think you should be remember someone in general over walls or corners without seeing them

18. Xenon

Xenon Meh Guy

yeah someone tries to hide in a bush or behind a wall and listen you really think you gonna carry on a conversation knowing OOCly that there is a enemy or police officer right there it just wont happen... Plus how is that immersion knowing who your listening to from a distance because of their name tag if your a good detective or listener you should remember who they are by *listening* not some floating text above their head I feel sorry for the people irl here who obviously forget shit loads of peoples names or have alzheimer's

19. Azrael Kekoa (DASU)

Founding Supp. Supporter

I agree, if you are in a building or in a car the tag should not be visible.... but face to face up close I like being able to have that visible reminder, because people change their look way to often in the game.... I have almost everyone I come into contact with Aliased.... most are just first names but if I had to try to remember based on there appearance there is no way.... Real life you can change your clothes but your face is a defining factor... in this game the faces are generic and play very little in your ability to identify someone. I agree that META is a problem on this server and there are those who shirtlessly use it constantly to manipulate situations. However those of us who are not children and have some maturity should not be at a disadvantage because some people can't police themselves.

I will say this, even if you had to enter a menu and be up close to someone to do it, I would support that... Just like being at you vehicle in order to lock it...

But if I am face to face with some one having a conversation I should be able to do this with out breaking immersion

20. Xenon

Xenon Meh Guy

The /me /do and lock and unlock shit needs to all be taken down to like 1-3 m as i can see people unlocking property from around the block and yes name tags if they do stay should only be visible if an object isn't between you and that person plus they should also only be visible from a certain distance anyway.

Azrael Kekoa (DASU) likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice