1. Posting Suggestions and Responses

Hello Guest, please read and follow the below instructions:
    • When posting a suggestion, make sure it is not a previously posted suggestion.
    • Make your best effort to respond to suggestions in an understandable and reasonable manner.
    • Everyone disagrees, just be respectful.
    • Do not complain if your suggestion is denied by the Administration, or voted away by the community.
    • This section is used for community feedback, Mafia City Roleplay makes no garuntees that a feature will be added.
    • Mafia City Roleplay reserves the right to prohibit posting in this section at any time, for any reason.
    Please understand that all suggestions may not receive a response until release.
    Dismiss Notice

Implemented /alias or /nickname command, Remove Crosshair

Discussion in 'Implemented Suggestions' started by Epii, Dec 10, 2019.

?

Do you support this suggestion?

This poll will close on Apr 8, 2020 at 1:27 PM.
  1. Yes

59.1%
  2. No

40.9%
  1. Epii

Epii New Guy

Suggestion Title:
    /alias or /nickname command, Remove Crosshair

Suggestion Category:
    Roleplay Server

Suggestion Sub-Category:
    Commands, Other

Suggestion:
    1. Add an Alias chat command. Going into the B menu for it is very tedious and takes a long time.

2. Remove the crosshair from the middle of the screen. Crosshairs I enjoy this idea shot headshots together makes combat horribly unrealistic. Police cant get out of their car before dying

2. Meti

Meti New Guy
    Founding Supp. Supporter

yeah in some situations its really hard to Open "B" menu and alias people and we could have something like /drag for PD as well it could've been Great!
    I enjoy this idea

3. Bullet

Bullet New Guy
    Founding Supp. Supporter

What suggestion is this for? the alias command? or to remove cross hairs? Make two separate suggestions for clarity?

4. Rubik

Rubik New Guy
    Hype Team Founding Supp. Supporter

I enjoy this idea for the command. When you meet a group with more members, it's so hard to alias all of them, beside the fact that you always spell the name wrong. I dislike this idea for the crosshair. People with monitors who have in build crosshair will have an advantage in a gun fight and most likely everybody else will use a 3rd party software for the crosshair.

5. Brawnkoh

Brawnkoh New Guy
    Founding Supp. Supporter

I voted no, but not because I disagree with the alias command. I think that would be useful.

I strongly disagree with removing crosshairs. Crosshair cheating is one of the hardest things to catch in games, especially in an RP environment such as this. By removing the crosshair, unfortunately, many people will be using monitor based crosshairs, or crosshair overlays and it will leave those who don't at an unfair advantage.

Kraejee likes this.
  6. Denise C

Denise C Newer Guy
    Supporter

I'm in favor of having more written commands such as /drag and /alias, it makes life a lot easier. In my experience thus far, immersion wavers when I'm forced into stationary silence to fill out someone's alias through the B menu (being that you can't talk/move while you're entering in their name).

I'm personally indifferent about crosshairs.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. BellamyClark

BellamyClark Newer Guy

100% with removing crosshair, it takes the fun out of shoot outs

8. Venom

Venom New Guy
    Supporter

I don’t think people understand how easy it is to get a crosshair via software or your monitor. The people who want crosshairs gone would be complaining when they’re getting clapped in every shootout.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Epii

Epii New Guy

ok. Lets imagine we take them away. It can only possibly be better. Isn't like those crosshairs help u anymore than the base ones. Only thing is shootouts become reasonably more realistic for those who don't cheat

10. BellamyClark

BellamyClark Newer Guy

Then they need to get good, this is the 1st server I've played more than 5 mins on that has crosshairs. Crosshairs take the immersion out of gunfights.

11. Joshua

Joshua Lead Administration
    Lead Admin

Please break this up into multiple suggestions, because if one of these gets denied the whole thread does....

Skizee likes this.
  12. Skizee

Skizee Meh Guy

Please.

With the crosshair I don't agree at all, there are several monitors with crosshair so no one will know you will be using a crosshair "hack" so instead of having this problem, give crosshair to everyone.

About the alias, I TOTALLY agree.

I won't vote on this thread because I'm 50-50, but there's my opinion.

13. Brawnkoh

Brawnkoh New Guy
    Founding Supp. Supporter

You’re from the same server I am and there’s crosshairs. Why lie to make a point?

Crosshairs were removed, then brought back to combat the plethora of cheaters.

Kraejee likes this.
  14. BellamyClark

BellamyClark Newer Guy

I'm not lieing lol. I left eclips before crosshairs where added. Why make a comment with out knowing facts?

15. Brawnkoh

Brawnkoh New Guy
    Founding Supp. Supporter

It had crosshairs at multiple times in history. Telling people to “get good” is such an asinine comment in regards to combatting cheaters.

16. BellamyClark

BellamyClark Newer Guy

They definitely did not have them in the month and half I was on the server. Let's move in and get back to the original point.

17. Amber Savage

Amber Savage Newer Guy

B menu is annoying in general tbh, hate having to use it to turn the radio in trucks off every time i get into one.

18. Epii

Epii New Guy

Now there are no crosshairs. I guess consider this suggestion just about the alias cmd now

19. aon

aon The Guy
    Hype Team Founding Supp. Supporter

I thought we were here to RP, and not play CSGO? Can we not trust players who are actually here to RP and provide RP for others to not use external programs to not add the crosshair back?

20. Skizee

Skizee Meh Guy

We Can't.

Brawnkoh and Jackson Wellington like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice