1. Posting Suggestions and Responses

Hello Guest, please read and follow the below instructions:
    • When posting a suggestion, make sure it is not a previously posted suggestion.
    • Make your best effort to respond to suggestions in an understandable and reasonable manner.
    • Everyone disagrees, just be respectful.
    • Do not complain if your suggestion is denied by the Administration, or voted away by the community.
    • This section is used for community feedback, Mafia City Roleplay makes no garuntees that a feature will be added.
    • Mafia City Roleplay reserves the right to prohibit posting in this section at any time, for any reason.
    Please understand that all suggestions may not receive a response until release.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Quick Announcement
    New Forum Section: Creative Content

Hello Guest!

We've recently added a new forum section called Creative Content. You can post screenshots, video, gifs, and more in this section if you'd like! Graphic design, video showcases, twitch highlights and anything to showcase your creativity! Please feel free to check it out.

https://mafiacity-rp.com/forums/index.php?forums/creative-content.153/
    Dismiss Notice

Allow Players to be part of two groups

Discussion in 'Denied Suggestions' started by Azrael Kekoa (DASU), Jan 16, 2020.

?

Do you support this suggestion?

Poll closed May 15, 2020.
  1. Yes

94.7%
  2. No

5.3%
  1. Azrael Kekoa (DASU)

Azrael Kekoa (DASU) Leave Of Absence Supporter

Suggestion Title:
    Allow Players to be part of two groups

Suggestion Category:
    Roleplay Server

Suggestion Sub-Category:
    Currently you can only join one group, yet your inventory allows for two

Suggestion:
    I believe a player who RPing a MD, or a gang member should have the option to be part of additional groups in game… There is nothing to stop you RPing it but you have to give up access to group ability’s to join other groups. How would a undercover cop retain his police status and be undercover in the mafia???? I think this need to be added.

I had to leave my group control in order to join the DOC. It would not let me accept the invite without it.

There are applications for this on all sides!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Camacho and Alis like this.
  2. Kay

Kay Gae Supporter

Agree, should also be for corporations

Archer, Azrael Kekoa (DASU) and Alis like this.
  3. Azrael Kekoa (DASU)

Didn't think about that.... can you only be part of one Corp?

That definitely is a problem

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Archer likes this.
  4. Castro

Castro New Guy

I enjoy this idea

Archer likes this.
  5. Azrael Kekoa (DASU)

Another idea.... Only allow a player to start one group but can be in up to three...

6. Bullet

Bullet This Guy Supporter

Not being able to be added to multiple groups could be seen as metagaming.

I'm approached by someone about joining a group. But I'm already in a group that I don't want to leave. Perhaps I want to spy, or be in two groups because those people are cool. But for whatever reason I want to hide that fact from those people.

When they ask me to join the group or attempt to invite me, I will be unable to because of the limitation of the server setting on group / corp memberships. The person inviting me now knows I'm a part of another group, and that information was obtained because of the system on the server, not because of ICly based research, evidence, or admission.

Now the person inviting knows I can't join them. The mood changes. What am I hiding he may ask. Now the RP is tainted.

7. Blondiie

Blondiie Alright Guy Supporter

Would love to see multiple corporations as my character currently owns a gas station, however I would like to join the Taxi company as well, but I cant as joining the taxi company would mean I would have to leave my current corporation and lose my business.

8. Azrael Kekoa (DASU)

Good points.....

Bullet likes this.
  9. Azrael Kekoa (DASU)

Anyone else have any ideas that should be thought about in regards to this concept???

StreetLgnd likes this.
  10. StreetLgnd

StreetLgnd This Guy

ya its needed. 30-1 vote pretty much sums it up.

Azrael Kekoa (DASU) likes this.
  11. Azrael Kekoa (DASU)

lol

StreetLgnd likes this.
  12. Azrael Kekoa (DASU)

I just realized someone voted no on this.... i would love to hear why????

StreetLgnd likes this.
  13. Jimmy_The_Newb

Jimmy_The_Newb Meh Guy Supporter

This. So much this. It makes it hard to do multiple revenue streams.

14. Nameless

Nameless This Guy Supporter

I agree a lot with this, would be nice to have even perhaps up to 3 or even 5 Corporations, with 2 groups max. This would allow you to hold multiple "Player Jobs" in player owned corporations.

It doesn't make sense for a single corporation to own Gas Stations, and a Taxi Service, and Towing Service all under the same "Company" and thus if you wanted to work in all of them, you currently cannot. I think this suggestion is great.

Xenon likes this.
  15. Azrael Kekoa (DASU)

Love this..... but I would like to see 3 groups..... I currently am part of three and can only officially be in one.

16. Xenon

Xenon Alright Guy Hype Team Supporter

Great Idea Just hope it gets implemented.

Azrael Kekoa (DASU) likes this.
  17. Azrael Kekoa (DASU)

Now there is two..... LOL

Why would anyone vote no??? would love to hear the debate

18. ratou11

ratou11 Newer Guy Supporter

Why was this denied? Anyone has a clue?

19. Bullet

Bullet This Guy Supporter

I believe its because to make this change would require making many deep fundamental changes. Its just not as simple as adding a second corp "line of code"

I also recall in a public Q&A where it was stated it could possible to change it up, but the work required would be a lot, and there are many other things to focus on.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice