1. Posting Suggestions and Responses

Hello Guest, please read and follow the below instructions:
    • When posting a suggestion, make sure it is not a previously posted suggestion.
    • Make your best effort to respond to suggestions in an understandable and reasonable manner.
    • Everyone disagrees, just be respectful.
    • Do not complain if your suggestion is denied by the Administration, or voted away by the community.
    • This section is used for community feedback, Mafia City Roleplay makes no garuntees that a feature will be added.
    • Mafia City Roleplay reserves the right to prohibit posting in this section at any time, for any reason.
    Please understand that all suggestions may not receive a response until release.
    Dismiss Notice

Bounty Hunting / Private Investigating

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Nightranger, Dec 12, 2019.

?

Do you support this suggestion?

This poll will close on Apr 11, 2020 at 12:40 AM.
  1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Nightranger

Nightranger Meh Guy

Suggestion Title:
    Bounty Hunting / Private Investigating

Suggestion Category:
    Forums

Suggestion Sub-Category:
    Criminal/Police RP

Suggestion:
    I've been playing as a Bounty Hunter / Private Investigator recently and the interactions I have had so far from Criminals / Police has been pretty good, however there is a "Gray" area...

Civillians don't have the power to arrest nor do they have access to the current outstanding warrants.

Before I go further, I am in talks with Police Command currently in terms of accessing and continuing this line of RP, and a Chief Deputy, I also spoke to the Chief Attorney, Overall it seems that people have enjoyed this form of RP Interaction aswell as myself.

So, I would like to request that there is a Private Investigators license created, acquiring this license can cost $15000 with the mandatory items of a FW, CCW and SGC (I plan on setting up a business doing this).

On an OOC level, Your RP needs to be good, So you have to record any arrests, (Ultimatly, they are still taken to the PD for processing) and have suitable evidence to show how you found out who someone is (To avoid metagaming).

Criminals generally have the term (Hitmen) that do similar things, and no matter how much of it is "Against a rule" on other servers, it has and always will happen, thats the dark truth, On the legal side of things, Cops have generally been very negative about it (On other servers) and with good reason, because metagaming has happened, and has been abused...

I have a whole process thought out, to ensure that metagaming isn't done, as best as it can be.

Also, as there is alot of time and effort gone into investigations and detaining someone, I would like to see a possible hourly paycheck of $1500 introduced for this role (You would definately have to work or own a PI business for this to happen) and when applications are turned over, a paycheck of $1000 payable from the PD (Which according to one of the Deputy Chiefs is the going rate).

Part of the reason for the hourly paycheck, Is to help ensure there is no metagaming, as investigations need to be done (None of that bullshit of running around what's your name, whats your name)... And would help ensure that it is done appropiately, as a PI would need their own evidence, the only reason for the warrant read ability, is for the name and to see the crimes they have done - then a PI needs to build a case themselves to justify detaining them, to hand over to the police. The warrant DB can be checked once every 6 hours to ensure that they can only investigate current warrants/bounties.

On an IC level, If suitable evidence is acquired by PD over the apprehension of a suspect, then all is dandy, after all we are not above the law. If evidence can not be provided, on his apprehension, the criminal is allowed to be released, and the PI (Depending on circumstances) can have the weight of the law pushed on him, Kidnapping, att murd, assault, etc...
    This also helps to ensure that a High level of RP is adhered too.

A Private Investigator can not be held to the regulations of the police force, as they are seperate entities, as such corruption can happen (illegal activities) but again if they are caught they can lose their license, if they do not have supporting evidence as to why they are doing it (Maybe scouting out warrants and building trust with the illegal factions etc... part of an ongoing investigation, when it comes to drugs, if they are caught growing they can be okay, as part of an investigation, but if they do not then hand it in for destruction and choose to sell it, and are caught selling it to an NPC Dealer, they will lose their licenses, and can be prosecuted, Player selling could be part of the investigation).

So it's a high roleplay req'd tightly monitored to avoid metagaming roleplay aspect, that I myself personally enjoy and would love to do, I would join the PD, but I don't want PD regulations, and I also would like to do "Private" work outside of the PD to criminals (OOC INFO DONT USE IT)...

It's alot easier to do this kind of work, within the rules, as a criminal on any server, the issue has and generally always will be the legal side of things, however from the conversations I have had with people IC and OOC, alot of people are keen to see a system like this.

I am happy to do it alone if no paycheck can be introduced to start with, as long as the police pay bounties of at least $2500 (Otherwise it's alot of work, time and investigations (Gathering of evidence etc) and danger IC, for pennies (Trucking would be 10x more effective but is boring)....

Let me know what you think, If Private Investigators do this right, It can be good RP on all sides, and not just the "Gang Hitmen RP"....

2. John Carter

John Carter Ponsobys, Portola Dr, Rockford Hills Owner
    Supporter

I like this suggestion. I enjoy this idea from me

3. Azulya

Azulya New Guy
    Supporter

I love this idea!! I think because technically you are working outside of the gov, for the gov. However, I think it would make more sense to get a good sum of money upon the deliverance of the criminal and the profile of the criminal.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Nightranger

Nightranger Meh Guy

I did think about that - But You could spend a couple of days maybe building a case in RP, so if there was going to be a one-off payment, then it would need to be at least 10k plus to make it worthwhile.

Then this opens the door a little bit for manipulation, which is why I said about having it as a business with a salary, It ensures those who are employed can roleplay well, and have the license to do so, and it's not just joe blogs handing his mate in for a quick $10k... If that makes sense.

A few things to think about how to implement it, but if people are looking forward to this sort of RP then I could make up a template for people to go through

Azulya likes this.
  5. Azulya

Azulya New Guy
    Supporter

I think you should consider discussing this with PD ICLY and the Government! Since your pay will likely come from one of their budgets.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice