1. Posting Suggestions and Responses

Hello Guest, please read and follow the below instructions:
    • When posting a suggestion, make sure it is not a previously posted suggestion.
    • Make your best effort to respond to suggestions in an understandable and reasonable manner.
    • Everyone disagrees, just be respectful.
    • Do not complain if your suggestion is denied by the Administration, or voted away by the community.
    • This section is used for community feedback, Mafia City Roleplay makes no garuntees that a feature will be added.
    • Mafia City Roleplay reserves the right to prohibit posting in this section at any time, for any reason.
    Please understand that all suggestions may not receive a response until release.
    Dismiss Notice

Car Accidents

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Taters, May 14, 2019.

?

Do you support this suggestion?

Poll closed Sep 11, 2019.
  1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  1. Taters

Taters Tester
    Tester

Suggestion Title:
    Car Accidents

Suggestion Category:
    Roleplay Server

Suggestion Sub-Category:
    Wrecks, Vehicles

Suggestion:
    So in most scenarios in GTA, there are two things that can happen in a car crash. Either, you hit the object and come out with a scratch, or you fly out the windshield and die. So how about this?

When entering a car, you can press a button, for example "/" and put on your seatbelt. If you do not do this, you will ragdoll out the windshield of the car if you are going over 40 MPH (depending on your speed depends on how far you go, in this case scenario, you'd most likely land on the hood of your car) and you will either die or fall unconscious depending on how much health you have. If you lose 100% of your health, you will instantly die. If you lose 80-99% you will fall unconscious. However, if you have your seatbelt on, this damage will be halved and you won't fly out the windshield, of course if you're going fast enough, you will still fall unconscious or die. Now when you are in a crash, depending how much damage you were going, a number of things can happen.

The engine can catch fire, sparks, heat, and leak flammables can cause this, even wiring.
    (can be instant or might start with smoke)

Your door can become lodged, requiring a rescue saw to saw the door off (takes 60-120 seconds) after this the people in the car can exit through that door, if the door that was sawed off is across from them they can slide out but they can't climb through the front/back to get out.

Your seatbelt can jam. This requires a seatbelt cutter or some sort of blade, but a seatbelt cutter would take less time
    (Seatbelt Cutter - 10 seconds, other blades - 20 seconds)

The gas tank can explode. This would never be instant. Although, it can happen very quickly. If your car is leaking gasoline and catches on fire, it is very likely the fire will spread to the gas tank and cause it to explode. The fire department will need to make sure no fire starts near the car whilst they are there.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    JoeSlice likes this.
  2. Meti

Meti Newer Guy
    Founding Supp. Supporter

It's actually a great idea but I don't really think if Rage.MP supports these kinda Scripts at the moment or does it?

3. Taters

Taters Tester
    Tester

I'm not quite sure, as I have no experience with any of it tbh. But I do know of some servers that have features I've included Your car can leak gasoline without any scripts in story mode, if your car starts spitting flames out the exhaust, it can actually catch the gas on fire and end up blowing the car up (you can also run out of fuel if you drive it long enough) as for the seatbelt and door, an animation could be played when you type a command in (/cutseatbelt or /cutdoor) and when it completes, you can exit the vehicle or the door will fall off, something along those lines. As for the ragdoll, I would assume it's possible, I did play on a server that had it, but it was very glitchy, normally teleporting you around rather than work as intended, but that was a very low quality server.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Joshua

Joshua Lead Administration
    Lead Admin

Not supporting, nor de-supporting, however, our current system does have a seatbelt script that prevents rag dolling. :)

5. Taters

Taters Tester
    Tester

Ooh, I can't wait for the full release, I hope that I get to see my suggestions in the server, I have high hopes on the vehicle damage, but the door and seatbelt jamming I feel like will be less likely

6. JoeSlice

JoeSlice Meh Guy

Tis' a good idea, something that in my opinion wouldn't take a lot of effort :D

The only thing that is a unknown is the fire department, they'd need a decent amount of features in order to be active and even then it's no guarantee due to the pace of the job.

I support but in terms of a longer term perspective :)

7. GiGeorge

GiGeorge Member of Staff
    Senior Moderator Founding Supp. Supporter

I think this would be a great idea, like Joshua says we already have seatbelts but a fully fledged feature would be awesome giving the emergency services something to do also

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice