1. Posting Suggestions and Responses

Hello Guest, please read and follow the below instructions:
    • When posting a suggestion, make sure it is not a previously posted suggestion.
    • Make your best effort to respond to suggestions in an understandable and reasonable manner.
    • Everyone disagrees, just be respectful.
    • Do not complain if your suggestion is denied by the Administration, or voted away by the community.
    • This section is used for community feedback, Mafia City Roleplay makes no garuntees that a feature will be added.
    • Mafia City Roleplay reserves the right to prohibit posting in this section at any time, for any reason.
    Please understand that all suggestions may not receive a response until release.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Quick Announcement
    New Forum Section: Creative Content

Hello Guest!

We've recently added a new forum section called Creative Content. You can post screenshots, video, gifs, and more in this section if you'd like! Graphic design, video showcases, twitch highlights and anything to showcase your creativity! Please feel free to check it out.

https://mafiacity-rp.com/forums/index.php?forums/creative-content.153/
    Dismiss Notice

Group Rules

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by JayG, Mar 26, 2020 at 12:06 PM.

?

Do you support this suggestion?

This poll will close on Jul 24, 2020 at 12:06 PM.
  1. Yes

27.3%
  2. No

72.7%
  1. JayG

JayG Meh Guy
    Founding Supp. Supporter

Suggestion Title:
    Group Rules

Suggestion Category:
    Roleplay Server

Suggestion Sub-Category:
    Rules

Suggestion:

I feel were lacking Group/Gang rules so I thought i would make this suggestion for people to post some ideas they may have within the comments.

Gang Rules:

Gangs are for roleplay, first and foremost. As such they must roleplay everything with respect to server rules from invitations to gang wars.

Gangs are expected to spend a decent amount of time roleplaying or otherwise "hanging around" their home turf (HQ). This is not to say that you are limited to that area, but we would like to see you there often.

Gangs must have a roleplay reason to raid other gangs or start a gang war. If a gang is found raiding another gang without sufficient RP reason, a strike will be issued.

this one would be really good

In a gang war, you may only attack members that are directly involved in the war that is were uniforms will help identify.
    All gangs are expected to maintain a uniform theme and wear their colors at all times. For example, if you run a Clown Grove or Ballas Outcast themed gang, we expect you to remain in your uniform/colors eg purple/mask or green-yellow and not to go running around in a crow or other group uniform or lack identification n use random civ clothes see the pride in who you're and wear your uniform. it will have to be enforced that Civs cannot use these types of things to avoid mistaken identity as if you shoot for instance the wrong person n they're not affiliated you will be punished for it.

Every single invite must be roleplayed sufficiently. We will not tolerate weak or minimal roleplay when it comes to inviting and this will be strictly enforced.

Under no circumstance may you change your gang's name, theme, or slot-holder without the express consent of Gang Management. Failure to obtain the aforementioned consent will result in a disband- no exceptions.

Gang leader must stay as owner and can't be demoted to a lower rank without Admin req

Each gang may have no more than 3 underbosses 2 leaders

Criminal gang members may not call cops to n active shootout found doing so will result in punishment I find it really unrealistic that gang/group members call cops once they're losing.. that is where the PD comes in handy to file Complaints on what calls go through, the cops shouldn't be getting called into full-scale wars by other gang members then PD having to be gunned down because of it. if it is a civ call then fair enough

The use of sub-gangs is explicitly disallowed. Any gang found to be creating or using other gangs as a sub-gang will find itself disbanded along with the sub-gang

Strikeable Offenses:

anyone higher up makes a rule breach = strike
    multiple member rule breaches = strike

feel free to add more ideas in comments but this is some I found and reworded to come up with some you might not like some and you might like the strikes might cause a lot of OOC forum reporting to try to get the other gang disbanded so might want to take that into consideration but feel free to read maybe you'll like to add some to the community.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. RvGhost

RvGhost Savage
    Founding Supp. Supporter

Seems like ruleplay over roleplay. I'm not for such direct control over gangs like this

JayG likes this.
  3. SkuLLar

SkuLLar New Guy

i honestly think this suggestion is a good one and should be added, as massive scaled shootouts between 2 groups dont have rules assigned to them so its a massive black hole, and every person can say reasonable reason to shoot on anything starting from, he came as backup to if he revives him he will remember that i shot him and etc.

4. Bullet

Bullet Alright Guy
    Founding Supp. Supporter

i love everything that is suggested here. i do not agree that it should be forced. Gangs should be doing these things as it is anyway. The gangs leadership should enforce these rules and standards. The player base hopefully would seek out more quality roleplay.

i would also ask how to enforce some of these through administrators? How to enforce proper rp for invites of prospects? how to enforce not calling cops in shootout? some gangs don't wear colors. how to enforce those?

I see gang leadership being the only way to enforce these rp standards. ostracize those who snitch and call cops, even if on the enemy. have some self respect for the game. the gang leadership should set the standard and expectation of RP the gangs does.

5. JayG

JayG Meh Guy
    Founding Supp. Supporter

How to enforce proper RP for invites of prospects? > I don't know tbh I guess like ya say group leaders n stuff should enforce it..

how to enforce not calling cops in a shootout? > if its a rule ppl won't do it and PD members would also know n file complaints on them for this they're also logs I am sure PD don't want calling every fight by a group member so they'll help enforce it, I'm sure they will be ways to stop this. it's unrealistic. cops also shouldn't be accepting it turning up to fights only selecting certain targets they should be taking everyone down in the situation. n working with gangs I don't see how ppl can accept this.. they should also make a rule about that n if cops want to argue "we don't like being shot by them so we help them" then step your fucking game up n learn to shoot and how to actually be n officer rather than pussyfooting around groups, I also think PD should get free guns n not be able to trade them n also make it so people cannot loot them this will hopefully step our police department up as some will feel more confidant in fights. no one will fight them for the reasons n if they come to a fight people know they're not on their side they're doing the duties so people will be more scared of PD rather than just being like "ah I know him its okay ill shoot in front of them" were slacking a lot of PD being aggression in fights they speak to kindly to people they know and also let people do shit in front of them there's a video here you can see how it works.. this is old but gives you n idea the shootout happened because of this group which turned into that group snitching acting like they did nothing. they were no RP involved such as /do or taken into custody for questioning as to why they're there no searches no fingerprints or anything from role-played from Whacking someone with a pistol which leaves a lot more than blood on your hands. It also leaves gunshot residue.

When a gun goes off, a cloud of fine particles covers the hands of the shooter – leaving behind a bit of the telltale metal which could also have been used for Role-Play

This rule here doesn't benefit me one bit I would love to see a ruthless PD ofc don't be dickheads in traffic stops act accordingly but in fights/stopping wars n shootouts defo people choose the crim life it should come with consequences. guys on his radio like "just clap savages don't shoot cops" that cop should have got him on his knees and in the back of that car that's my opinion if it was me I'd expect the same.

some gangs don't wear colors. how to enforce those? if its a rule people need to pick identifications and stick to it you cannot expect everyone to be running round in random clothes I don't think it's right even if it's just a mask they use,

Gangs should be doing these things as it is anyway > I agree but they don't,

we have rules groups go of with initiation n stuff it's just not written out all we need is a group creation information/rule bit where it's all written out for groups to follow to make sure we are all on the same path keeps current gangs in line and upcoming ones.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #5 JayG, Mar 27, 2020 at 10:11 PM
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2020 at 11:29 PM
    Bullet likes this.
  6. JayG

JayG Meh Guy
    Founding Supp. Supporter

That's why uniforms come in handy you're at that location or going for a reason you're there for backup or to help if not why else would you go or be there. you're putting yourself in danger that's your responsibility the other group has initiation on your group you should know you're going to either shoot or be shot that's why we have radios to say the location for backup and to confirm your members / the other ally groups who you can and cannot shoot if a shootout happens n help your group/ally defend/attack against the other groups. but you cannot do this right now as they're no identifications to go off, you have to assume they're with the enemy n if they're not you shoot your ally.. if its not n ally and its a civ caught up in the war/location wrong time wrong place kinda thing you're getting done for DM. that is why I am suggesting these type of ideas so groups are correctly following a Group rulebook not just server rules n every group is on the same path,

#6 JayG, Mar 27, 2020 at 10:30 PM
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2020 at 10:39 PM
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice