1. Posting Suggestions and Responses

Hello Guest, please read and follow the below instructions:
    • When posting a suggestion, make sure it is not a previously posted suggestion.
    • Make your best effort to respond to suggestions in an understandable and reasonable manner.
    • Everyone disagrees, just be respectful.
    • Do not complain if your suggestion is denied by the Administration, or voted away by the community.
    • This section is used for community feedback, Mafia City Roleplay makes no garuntees that a feature will be added.
    • Mafia City Roleplay reserves the right to prohibit posting in this section at any time, for any reason.
    Please understand that all suggestions may not receive a response until release.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Quick Announcement
    New Forum Section: Creative Content

Hello Guest!

We've recently added a new forum section called Creative Content. You can post screenshots, video, gifs, and more in this section if you'd like! Graphic design, video showcases, twitch highlights and anything to showcase your creativity! Please feel free to check it out.

https://mafiacity-rp.com/forums/index.php?forums/creative-content.153/
    Dismiss Notice

Have all gov forums merged

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by Kay, May 22, 2020.

?

Do you support this suggestion?

This poll will close on Sep 19, 2020 at 10:09 AM.
  1. Yes

62.5%
  2. No

37.5%
  1. Kay

Kay The Guy
    Supporter

Suggestion Title:
    Have all gov forums merged

Suggestion Category:
    Forums

Suggestion Sub-Category:
    Gov

Suggestion:
    We currently have 4 separate forums for each gov group. When sheriff’s comes, we’ll have 5. It makes communicating with other departments unnecessarily difficult. I’d suggest we merge all the forums.

2. Smallboy

Smallboy This Guy
    Supporter

Not against this as long as we keep our permissions and posts cause I be on that grind bruh

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Hide and Shayan like this.
  3. John

John The Guy

YES also this would make communicating CIV > CIV ICly MUCH better! Personal emails would be SO cool!

My thinking is that ONE sit would not only be beneficial to the groups but also to ALL of the server.

I still want IC websites tho @Joshua :eyes:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Thurnus

Thurnus Meh Guy
    Hype Team Supporter

This would be very nice and beneficial for the long run as it is expected that there will be more government groups and/or websites. Regarding communication and accessibility, I feel like this is the best solution to date.

Shayan likes this.
  5. jokerrk

jokerrk New Guy
    Supporter

I think this will become very problematic and people will conflict permissions across each other.

6. John

John The Guy

I do not believe so. Each gov group would be able to separate into categories and Command of each gov group would moderate whole categories. At least with proboards the perms let each subset have different mods for every sub level

7. Ahmed

Ahmed Senior Developer
    Administration Developer Hype Team Supporter

Already planned as an IG feature. Meanwhile I believe we already have a forum for IC advertising.

8. jokerrk

jokerrk New Guy
    Supporter

can you imagine the number of floors? I mean quite a bit is hidden on our end at the very least and I am sure that is with every department.

I think a normal citizen will have to scroll a couple times to see it all

9. John

John The Guy

I feel large corps who want to put in the effort should be able to design their own site that fits their business needs.

10. Lokeh

Lokeh Alright Guy
    Supporter

No, I'm not for this. I feel it will more push to having a uniform forum across the board and I've already seen permission issues not correctly administered on other forums. I am not for this, MD forums are beautiful and we have so much that people cannot see to manage our group. Especially if we needed to start from scratch this is a big no. Giving people access over MD forums who should not have it is a no as well.

11. Lokeh

Lokeh Alright Guy
    Supporter

I could see similar factions under the same forum as a possibility. LSES holding all medical so if say Fire Department became its own group in the future it would be listed under LSES. Sheriffs, PD, and DoC could be listed under the same section as well. This would cut down on clutter but still keep each group separate a bit.

12. Joshua

Joshua Lead Administration
    Lead Admin

This is a nightmare on my part. I ain't doing this for my own sanity until they're moved to a different system.

13. Kay

Kay The Guy
    Supporter

What do you mean by "different system"

14. Kay

Kay The Guy
    Supporter

Also here's the process of me needing to contact MD and DOJ, create an account on MD account, send MD a message, create a DOJ account, send DOJ a message, send MD and DOJ the replies of each other, send MD and DOJ my replies, wait for them to reply, then each the other's replies as well. This is for one simple e-mail to both groups.

15. Lokeh

Lokeh Alright Guy
    Supporter

Setup an in character meeting and meet them in person, kay. there's ways around the system and I've had no issue with it. The bigger issue is needing to get phones fixed for offline texts and then you wont even need emails that much.

Camacho likes this.
  16. John

John The Guy

Phones and texts cannot be used for everything. Some emails are hella long.

17. Kay

Kay The Guy
    Supporter

Some e-mails include pictures, and not everyone is on at the same time. Other communities have one forum as well.

18. jokerrk

jokerrk New Guy
    Supporter

Lets just get approval for discord groups/private channels on our respective discord servers?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice