How to fix MCRP. WagonWheels plan

WagonWheel

Administration
Administration
Supporter
Reaction score
WagonWheel’s MCRP revival plan
Note! None of these views are those of the staff team or any other SA, These views are mine as a player only and should not reflect current policy or thinking within any departments I am in/run

TLDR:
MCRP is fucked, I have a plan to fix it in 3 months that will cost. It will be an econ wipe and a new server with loads more options.

The issue:
We all love Mafia City but there is something deeply wrong with the server, a fundamental issue at the core of how the server works and what it works on. We have 2 major issues, those being the change and shift in the community from one of spontaneous and thought out RP to that of grinding and GTA:O. The second issue is the code base and how broken it is is the reason why on day 1 of every release there are major bugs, and they break other things that no one thought about.. Its held together with duct-tape and hope. So let's go over them all in depth.

Starting with the player base, We are all here because we love MCRP… well we actually are ambivalent about it, but we care about the people and the friends we made. Over the past 12 months I and most others have noticed that there has been a shift in the community's viewpoint on RP, back from 2020 to 21 when I got bi hourly or daily EMS calls for RP injuries or Car crashes, we now rarely get them, players come into MD and want to rush the medical RP because they see it as a pain or an obstacle to overcome. The player-base’s patience and respect for role play has changed and its shifted the server from a roleplay server and into a SecondLife sim server in which people grind and play and shoot with no real goal or aim of actually role-playing. This issue is one that we all know and one that we have all been apart of but due to the ineptitude of previous administration it was left unhandled, things were left as they way they were and when we finally woke up to how broken it was, it became too late to act.. Staff flip flopped on decisions, changed their mind and had no semblance of an overall plan or idea. Even now current staff are still confused on rules or aspects in the server, administration is better but there is still a lack of direction.

The second issue is the code base, As I mentioned before its one that is horrible to work in and is fundamentally broken. We have devs who are awesome at what they do, but we lack proper guidance and proper devs for the rest of the server. I for example am the only remaining active mapping team member, I know how to make pretty pictures for liveries and how to get cars to work in the server but apart from that we have no one capable of creating and importing MLOs, the only way they come in is when we pay someone to convert the files for us. EUP is a mystery to me and the other devs, our way of adding it broke in the last update and unlike every other major RP server we were the only ones affected by it. We have no custom clothes or even GTAO clothes.. and do you know why? Because it all relies on a broken outdated code-base that is a pain to work in. shit breaks, and we cant or don’t want to fix it. We have no devs capable of creating and fixing the MDC, no one skilled in VUE to update the UX or buttons for us. The base.. The core.. The fundamentals of the server from a development standpoint are broken, and we either aren't or can’t fix that.

Most players can deal with the grinders, the PVPers, the players who don’t want to RP or those who just want to chill with friends in an online place, We should all be able to play on a server in the way that we want but the trouble is that there isn’t enough infrastructure or other opportunities to keep everyone entertained. The players turn to PVP because crim RP is minimal and based on a broken system that isn’t being worked on or updated. LEO’s complain about constant PD chases and set-ups over 600K guns that are that way because of a failed economy and non functioning weapon drop system. Cops can’t give out ANY charges to any player who owns a new modded car because the MDC is broken and there is no webdev to fix it. There is no CIV RP because there is no system.. no staff support for corporations to be free and open, no development support or features that allow open-ended RP. NONE of these faults are on the current team (mostly), They are like this because the base of the server is broken.. The foundation is broken.

What about the economy?
MCRP’s economy is one for the history books, its disastrous and by far the worst example of inflation in any gaming world. Government base wages have increased 5 times going from 2k an hour as an EMTB to nearly 10k an hour for the same role. Vehicle prices have increased, tax hasn’t changed, food, clothing, first aid kits and gas all have remained the same as day 1 of the server launch but everything else has increased massively. Richfields house was brought for 600k and last week I got offered 3.5m for it… everything is broken and do you know why it’s broken? 2 reasons.. Uncapped and unregulated spending and increases to government workers and an over inflated sale price for drugs and AFK jobs. “Its so much easier to be a crim” and it is.. thats the sad thing, it is so much easier to be a drug dealer then it is to be someone who is legal, but both of those are easy compared to making any money as a civilian. Gone are the days of combo sellers, used car lots don’t get the numbers they used to and even taxis aren’t profitable (although they were never)/

The economy is hyper inflated, the dollar is worthless and the worst part is that people with millions have nothing to actually spend it on, there is no mega purchase, super cars are shit and rarely happen. Businesses are passive income generators and even nightclubs which cost millions don’t get used, there is no end goal with the money, there is nothing and its because it was never thought out.

My plan overview
So far we have established that the economy, the mods, thefeautres and the players are the reason why MCRP isn’t working and why it will never be competitive ever again. In 2021 MCRP made more then $60,000USD in revenue to the server.. so far in 2022 it has not even been 50% of that. The way the server is right now is not one that is working and I think deep down we all know that but no one is willing to actually say it, until now.

I propose that we make a drastic change and shut down MCRP….

What I mean is that MCRP will need to die but out of the dust and ash will rise a new better server and I know exactly how we will do this, So just bare with me. From the date that this is accepted we will have 2 and a half months to get it sorted, during those 2 months we will remove all dev support and the majority of staff support from the main server (MCRP) and focus all efforts on a new server which will run in parallel to the existing server. After those 2 months have gone we will shut down MCRP and open up the new server for a harsh 2-week long beta test before we open it up to all of you and everyone, a new, empty, re branded MCRP 3.0 with a new code base, new econ, new staff and most importantly, more stuff to do.

Last edited:

Kitten

Meh Guy
Supporter
Reaction score
wiping the econ is kinda wild though

WagonWheel

Administration
Administration
Supporter
Reaction score
simple problem, crying player base, too many reports, rejection from staff, not enough action taken to improve the community
I fully agree

Holm

I post a lot
Hype Team
Reaction score
What you're talking about is what has been happening since the opening of the server, it's been quite evident as well. Idk how you can call this thread a plan when you've spent 80% stating the obvious rather than finding reasonable and realistic solutions?

Kicking most of the staff leaving only a few left to redo rules, departmental handbooks and etc in 2 and a half months is not really viable, especially if they have nothing to really do with the community seeing as the server is dead. I think it's insane to even consider cutting funding to developers, there's no way anyone would go from paid work to switch over and work for free. Let alone being told to rebuild a whole server in such a short time. It took MCRP about 3 years to get to release, the server was rushed out, barebones, buggy as fuck and unplayable the first few days. Even after 3 years the server released in such an incredible poor state despite there having been multiple developers, over hundreds of different staff members doing ... Some work. Lol.

I do agree change is needed in one way or another and I'm surprised that the server is still afloat, to be honest. If you really wish to "fix" the server you should probably start at the community, but don't be a snowflake though. I agree the staff infrastructure is where MCRP has previously completely failed setting high expectations for staff members that are spending their spare time in the community, this causing to affect the rest of the community.

I believe that a competent and transparent staff team is what can make a good server, but we have neither.

WagonWheel

Administration
Administration
Supporter
Reaction score
What you're talking about is what has been happening since the opening of the server, it's been quite evident as well. Idk how you can call this thread a plan when you've spent 80% stating the obvious rather than finding reasonable and realistic solutions?

Kicking most of the staff leaving only a few left to redo rules, departmental handbooks and etc in 2 and a half months is not really viable, especially if they have nothing to really do with the community seeing as the server is dead. I think it's insane to even consider cutting funding to developers, there's no way anyone would go from paid work to switch over and work for free. Let alone being told to rebuild a whole server in such a short time. It took MCRP about 3 years to get to release, the server was rushed out, barebones, buggy as fuck and unplayable the first few days. Even after 3 years the server released in such an incredible poor state despite there having been multiple developers, over hundreds of different staff members doing ... Some work. Lol.

I do agree change is needed in one way or another and I'm surprised that the server is still afloat, to be honest. If you really wish to "fix" the server you should probably start at the community, but don't be a snowflake though. I agree the staff infrastructure is where MCRP has previously completely failed setting high expectations for staff members that are spending their spare time in the community, this causing to affect the rest of the community.

I believe that a competent and transparent staff team is what can make a good server, but we have neither.
You are right it's not a plan in itself, I removed those paragraphs because I already spoke to Jorge about and it's soemthing they've considered.

Something needs to be done and no one will do it or even contemplate it, the server is fucked and yes it's a massive community issue, it's also a fundemental code issue too. No one will do shit to fix it and that's the sad part.

Monoto

Alonso Kirkos
Reaction score
WagonWheel’s MCRP revival plan
Note! None of these views are those of the staff team or any other SA, These views are mine as a player only and should not reflect current policy or thinking within any departments I am in/run

TLDR:
MCRP is fucked, I have a plan to fix it in 3 months that will cost. It will be an econ wipe and a new server with loads more options.

The issue:
We all love Mafia City but there is something deeply wrong with the server, a fundamental issue at the core of how the server works and what it works on. We have 2 major issues, those being the change and shift in the community from one of spontaneous and thought out RP to that of grinding and GTA:O. The second issue is the code base and how broken it is is the reason why on day 1 of every release there are major bugs, and they break other things that no one thought about.. Its held together with duct-tape and hope. So let's go over them all in depth.

Starting with the player base, We are all here because we love MCRP… well we actually are ambivalent about it, but we care about the people and the friends we made. Over the past 12 months I and most others have noticed that there has been a shift in the community's viewpoint on RP, back from 2020 to 21 when I got bi hourly or daily EMS calls for RP injuries or Car crashes, we now rarely get them, players come into MD and want to rush the medical RP because they see it as a pain or an obstacle to overcome. The player-base’s patience and respect for role play has changed and its shifted the server from a roleplay server and into a SecondLife sim server in which people grind and play and shoot with no real goal or aim of actually role-playing. This issue is one that we all know and one that we have all been apart of but due to the ineptitude of previous administration it was left unhandled, things were left as they way they were and when we finally woke up to how broken it was, it became too late to act.. Staff flip flopped on decisions, changed their mind and had no semblance of an overall plan or idea. Even now current staff are still confused on rules or aspects in the server, administration is better but there is still a lack of direction.

The second issue is the code base, As I mentioned before its one that is horrible to work in and is fundamentally broken. We have devs who are awesome at what they do, but we lack proper guidance and proper devs for the rest of the server. I for example am the only remaining active mapping team member, I know how to make pretty pictures for liveries and how to get cars to work in the server but apart from that we have no one capable of creating and importing MLOs, the only way they come in is when we pay someone to convert the files for us. EUP is a mystery to me and the other devs, our way of adding it broke in the last update and unlike every other major RP server we were the only ones affected by it. We have no custom clothes or even GTAO clothes.. and do you know why? Because it all relies on a broken outdated code-base that is a pain to work in. shit breaks, and we cant or don’t want to fix it. We have no devs capable of creating and fixing the MDC, no one skilled in VUE to update the UX or buttons for us. The base.. The core.. The fundamentals of the server from a development standpoint are broken, and we either aren't or can’t fix that.

Most players can deal with the grinders, the PVPers, the players who don’t want to RP or those who just want to chill with friends in an online place, We should all be able to play on a server in the way that we want but the trouble is that there isn’t enough infrastructure or other opportunities to keep everyone entertained. The players turn to PVP because crim RP is minimal and based on a broken system that isn’t being worked on or updated. LEO’s complain about constant PD chases and set-ups over 600K guns that are that way because of a failed economy and non functioning weapon drop system. Cops can’t give out ANY charges to any player who owns a new modded car because the MDC is broken and there is no webdev to fix it. There is no CIV RP because there is no system.. no staff support for corporations to be free and open, no development support or features that allow open-ended RP. NONE of these faults are on the current team (mostly), They are like this because the base of the server is broken.. The foundation is broken.

What about the economy?
MCRP’s economy is one for the history books, its disastrous and by far the worst example of inflation in any gaming world. Government base wages have increased 5 times going from 2k an hour as an EMTB to nearly 10k an hour for the same role. Vehicle prices have increased, tax hasn’t changed, food, clothing, first aid kits and gas all have remained the same as day 1 of the server launch but everything else has increased massively. Richfields house was brought for 600k and last week I got offered 3.5m for it… everything is broken and do you know why it’s broken? 2 reasons.. Uncapped and unregulated spending and increases to government workers and an over inflated sale price for drugs and AFK jobs. “Its so much easier to be a crim” and it is.. thats the sad thing, it is so much easier to be a drug dealer then it is to be someone who is legal, but both of those are easy compared to making any money as a civilian. Gone are the days of combo sellers, used car lots don’t get the numbers they used to and even taxis aren’t profitable (although they were never)/

The economy is hyper inflated, the dollar is worthless and the worst part is that people with millions have nothing to actually spend it on, there is no mega purchase, super cars are shit and rarely happen. Businesses are passive income generators and even nightclubs which cost millions don’t get used, there is no end goal with the money, there is nothing and its because it was never thought out.

My plan overview
So far we have established that the economy, the mods, thefeautres and the players are the reason why MCRP isn’t working and why it will never be competitive ever again. In 2021 MCRP made more then $60,000USD in revenue to the server.. so far in 2022 it has not even been 50% of that. The way the server is right now is not one that is working and I think deep down we all know that but no one is willing to actually say it, until now.

I propose that we make a drastic change and shut down MCRP….

What I mean is that MCRP will need to die but out of the dust and ash will rise a new better server and I know exactly how we will do this, So just bare with me. From the date that this is accepted we will have 2 and a half months to get it sorted, during those 2 months we will remove all dev support and the majority of staff support from the main server (MCRP) and focus all efforts on a new server which will run in parallel to the existing server. After those 2 months have gone we will shut down MCRP and open up the new server for a harsh 2-week long beta test before we open it up to all of you and everyone, a new, empty, re branded MCRP 3.0 with a new code base, new econ, new staff and most importantly, more stuff to do.
TBH: Only reason it has players is because no one wants to leave due to having riches. Why grind again?

Reactions: Palladian and Brian

RRowDY

Lead Administration
Lead Admin
Administration
Supporter
Reaction score
TBH: Only reason it has players is because no one wants to leave due to having riches. Why grind again?
Good point to be honest

Oleg1

New Guy
Reaction score
Economy wipes don't usually result in revival, quite the opposite, they result in death. The only people who still play here are the ones who had accumulated too much to lose it, get rid of them and this server is done, only thing that's left to do after that is open-source the script and shut down the hosting.

Reactions: Brian

Scopez

Meh Guy
Supporter
Reaction score
IMO its is FAR to late to eco wipe, with other servers people are enjoying on the comeup that they are already gaining items in, what reason would they have to come back except for "its better now we swear" I think that window has come and gone and now another path will probably have to be found. I agree with @Oleg1 above saying that most people are only still around because of what they have gotten. I'm not sure of what the new plan would have to be but again imo a ecowipe is not the right move anymore.

Having a new server with new options is always going to be a good thing and I no doubt believe if this did happen then EVENTUALLY the server would revive itself just because that is a naturally occurring cycle, but at the same time, going back to my last point why would someone switch back after losing everything if they would have plenty of time to gain new things on other new servers, and it is not like they will lose the community they have grown to know because it is almost like a group migration to other servers with many people who know eachother agreeing to go to 1 place rather then all over.

Again just my opinion but I'm interested to see others thoughts on this.

Paul88

New Guy
Reaction score
I don't think you are right about wipping the server because the reason of lack playerbase is due to inactive property script which effected their gameplay and about the vehicles/taxes/paycheck you are right

Scopez

Meh Guy
Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think you are right about wipping the server because the reason of lack playerbase is due to inactive property script which effected their gameplay and about the vehicles/taxes/paycheck you are right
I don't really think inactive property script had anything to do with it, I believe that if you are not playing the game atleast semi consistently you should not keep your properties.

Paul88

New Guy
Reaction score
I don't really think inactive property script had anything to do with it, I believe that if you are not playing the game atleast semi consistently you should not keep your properties.
But you can't deny facts? I used to play in mafia city a long time ago and players have life outside and sometimes life can be very fucking taugh which can not always log in. I knew player that has lost 5 million house like nothing was invested...players that spent their whole time investing to have a better gameplay would find themselves have no time or forced to go into a vacation. People will always go and come. I agree that to take their properties but not in a way that makes him return from zero they also deserve a refund on their effort.

Scopez

Meh Guy
Supporter
Reaction score
But you can't deny facts? I used to play in mafia city a long time ago and players have life outside and sometimes life can be very fucking taugh which can not always log in. I knew player that has lost 5 million house like nothing was invested...players that spent their whole time investing to have a better gameplay would find themselves have no time or forced to go into a vacation. People will always go and come. I agree that to take their properties but not in a way that makes him return from zero they also deserve a refund on their effort.
I do agree with that but the problem is that it is a two way street scenario where you could also have someone grinding saving up tons of money and they really want a house and the owner happens to have not played in months. I do agree that they should atleast give the person who lost the house a portion of the houses worth so they are not left with a huge loss cause I do understand that life happens

cian

New Guy
Supporter
Reaction score
ECO wipe is a stinker

Monoto

Alonso Kirkos
Reaction score
You can apply for a property whitelist if you go on holiday, etc. this has been a thing for ages now. and/or if you've had a health issue, or any forced time off, you can apply for a refund to get stuff back.

TommyX

Alright Guy
Reaction score
ECRP is a better PVP server :oops:

Palladian

Newer Guy
Supporter
Reaction score
Dont agree with the wipe, tbh i only come back on MCRP now and then because of the time ive put in, same as alot of people. if there was a wipe i would just start on a new server wouldn't grind on the same server i lost all my assets and money on due to no fault of my own...

Maor

Meh Guy
Supporter
Reaction score
no, everyone will quit after a eco wipe.