• Quick Announcement
    New Forum Section: Creative Content

Hello Guest!

We've recently added a new forum section called Creative Content. You can post screenshots, video, gifs, and more in this section if you'd like! Graphic design, video showcases, twitch highlights and anything to showcase your creativity! Please feel free to check it out.

https://mafiacity-rp.com/forums/index.php?forums/creative-content.153/
  • Good day Guest!

You may have noticed you are no longer able to access the Mafia City Roleplay Discord due to a recent security issue.

You can rejoin using our Discord Invite link: https://discord.gg/fHNb6nw

Jimmy_The_Newb's rule suggestion for Remove KOS from

Newb

Member of Staff
Junior Moderator
Reaction score
[TAB]Rule Name:
Remove KOS being granted when someone is being arrested [/TAB]

[TAB]Is this a rule addition, change, or removal:
Rule Change[/TAB]

[TAB]Suggested Rule Text:
It is expected that all individuals of Mafia City Roleplay add to the overall immersion and character building. Valid initiation must be done. The requirement for valid initiation is considered waived in situations fitting at least one of the following criteria:
Witnessing a character seriously harming or physically threatening the life of someone your character has close relations or group/corporation ties with
Witnessing a character arresting (excluding detainment) *CHANGE HERE* one of the top two leaders of your group [/TAB]

[TAB]What are the benefits of this rule:
This would allow gangs to still initiate a shootout if the leader or 2nd in command of their group is being arrested but not for every single member or ally of a group. [/TAB]

[TAB]What are the negatives of this rule change, addition, or removal:
For criminals they might see this as not allowing them to get out of jail by shooting/executing police. [/TAB]

[TAB]I confirmed that I have properly thought about this rule amendment. I also confirm that I've discussed this rule amendment with others. I also confirm I've checked the suggestion section before previously posting this rule suggestion and understand that I will receive a warning for posting a duplicate suggestion.
Yes[/TAB]

Droid

New Guy
Reaction score
I think a better change would be to reword the rule to be slightly more understanding of a specific situation; However this should be a larger discussion rather than being an incremental or smaller change.

Sebin Michael

Meh Guy
Helper
Reaction score
I think a better change would be to reword the rule to be slightly more understanding of a specific situation; However this should be a larger discussion rather than being an incremental or smaller change.
I second that

Archer

Savage
Reaction score
First I'll warn anyone that's reading this that I'm extremely bias since this directly effects my groups RP.

I feel rules like this directly force players down certain paths of RP. I don't feel this is healthy for the server since restricting RP options is usually not a good thing. This seems like something that could be handled ICLY instead of a rule change.

Newb

Member of Staff
Junior Moderator
Reaction score
The problem is it can not be handled ICLY.
RPLY the city would have thousands of cops. Federal LEO. National guard. Etc.

Instead the numbers game is played. I have 7 cops online and a gang plus allies has 20. I know what’s going to happen.

I would argue if the gang member being arrested is the number one or number two in a group fine. That’s a chance PD has to take. If it’s an allied gang? Meh. If it’s a low level mule? Hell no.

Newb

Member of Staff
Junior Moderator
Reaction score

Nivaurum

The Thee Guy
Reaction score
I'd rather see an IC solution to this that allows gangs to act like gangs. Some gangs are going to want to do the whole blaze of glory thing, and I'm fine with that. Every time I lose a scenario, it just makes the eventual victory that much sweeter.

The only real issue I have with "the problem" is that the IG consequences seem to cap out. Gangs that do this sort of thing IRL end up dead or on Death Row. I've actually asked IC if it's considered terrorism when a group sets an ambush for the cops.

Eventually, PD is going to get its act together enough that there won't be any safe time or place for members of these gangs. They'll all have warrants out for their arrest, all PD members will know who they are, where they like to go, etc. And different gangs will be treated differently. Heck, that already happens, but I expect that the differences will continue to become more profound.

Crowest

Newer Guy
Supporter
Reaction score
I just finished typing my suggestion when I saw this here, the section

1. KOS is not granted on LEOs unless they’ve witnessed you commit a felony level offense in the current situation or you’ve expressed hostile intent. (Note: these changes do not mean allies can assist you if the LEO witnessed a Felony level offense. LEOs must return fire before your allies can assist)
Needs to be updated to allow allies to assist in these situations, like Archer previously said this forces the RP entirely and that is just wrong altogether, crim rp already sucks really hard on the server and when you force people down certain RP it makes it worse and boring for them, you have a server that numbers are dwindling hard and making additions to the rules like this only furthers the problem, you will always find people that want to play cops since they are the most overpowered group on the server but when you take away from a already struggling group you only cause more problems and lower the numbers more.

John

Tester
Tester
Reaction score
Website
Serek-mcrp.com
The common excuse is that because of the lack of crim content, they will shoot PD if any rank of their group is being taken in.

I believe that they should be able to shoot PD but only if it's someone of importance. I do know @Archer has strong opinions on this so maybe he can chime in.

Kaza

Member of Staff
Junior Moderator
Supporter
Reaction score
I believe you should be able to assist your friend, ally if he is being arrested for a felony or being chased for commiting felonies. It's not immersive really telling to people they can't do that in this specific type of scenario.

But i also agree you shouldn't shoot LEOs for a speed ticket and avoid any type of RP with them other than shooting them constantly because you are bored. Criminals have to AVOID cops not bait them and starts fights with them for no reason.