Reaction score
Suggestion Title:
LEO QoL Improvement​

Suggestion Category:
Roleplay Server​

Suggestion Sub-Category:
Law Enforcement​

Suggestion:
Currently, when responding to another officer, LEOs can enter the following command.
/st ##
/stoptracking

If you're already tracking somebody, the "st" command doesn't do anything. You must first use the "stoptracking" command.

It's fine to leave the "stoptracking" command, but please rework the "st" command as follows. When not already tracking somebody, the "st" command would work as it already does. When you are already tracking somebody, the "st" command should change to track the new person. If the "st" command is issued without any numbers after it, it would work the same as the "stoptracking" command.

Also add a command to respond to calls (without using the MDC).
/rc ###

The "rc" command could cause the officer's unit to be assigned to the call, and set his GPS to the location of the call.
The number (if any) after the "rc" command would be used to match against the most recent call number that _ends_with_ that number.
If no number was given, it would just respond to the most recent call.

Finally, there's an ill-intended effect that happens while tracking. If you try to set your GPS in any other way while you are tracking, the tracking puts your GPS back onto the officer you were tracking. Effectively, you can't set your GPS until you first "stoptracking". Please fix this such that any change in GPS (including the above "rc" command) would first cause the "stoptracking" effect.​

Nick_Kassian

Mr. Atomic
Supporter
Reaction score
if we're allowing /st and /rc, I'd also like to see /ss for spikestrips to make it easier to deploy. With that change, requiring RP to put them into the back of cruisers before you go on patrol would be required.

CoolestJonas

New Guy
Reaction score
for the spikestrips you can just copy paste it its what everyone does, and i think doing the RP for it is not good because you wouldn't have time to write it out at the speeds of chases

Yakumoto

ayo bruh del bruh swag
Supporter
Reaction score
maybe when using the spikestrip command there could be an automated /me like when you collect a package from a postal van, you dont type the RP but it still appears that you have done so.

migimr

New Guy
Supporter
Reaction score
Great idea! I couldn’t count the amount of times that I either tried to switch my GPS or tried switching the unit that I am tracking and I am then forced to type out the whole of /stoptracking instead of being able to just start tracking another Officer instantly by having the /st command to stoptracking before starting to track the new officer.

TheHuPyOne

Member of Staff
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, and only yes. As well for the suggestion of automated RP with spike strips would be amazing.

ejferg12

New Guy
Reaction score
With spike strips I think a good option is a server script. Make it so the officers scriptly grab the strips from the back of a cruiser than deploy them. Maybe a 3 second animation or something.

JaSeN

Meh Guy
Reaction score
Make spike strips a LOCKER item and you deploy them from your inventory after a timer.

Pige

Ahoy Fam
Support Team
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Fully agree with the tracking thing, mid chase having to /stoptracking then /st # the new tracking ID as the lead pursuit changes is just a waste of precious time.

Typing a new /st # should just change who you are tracking (Without having to stop the previous one first). It just makes sense

WagonWheel

Member of Staff
Supporter
Reaction score
Also batons should do real damage. If I baton someone in the back of the knees or hit then it should hurt a fuck tonne.

Reactions: migimr

Tony Peppori

New Guy
Supporter
Reaction score
Fully agree with the tracking thing, mid chase having to /stoptracking then /st # the new tracking ID as the lead pursuit changes is just a waste of precious time.

Typing a new /st # should just change who you are tracking (Without having to stop the previous one first). It just makes sense
I agree with this 100%.

Wolf

New Guy
Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with this 100%