1. Posting Suggestions and Responses

Hello Guest, please read and follow the below instructions:
    • When posting a suggestion, make sure it is not a previously posted suggestion.
    • Make your best effort to respond to suggestions in an understandable and reasonable manner.
    • Everyone disagrees, just be respectful.
    • Do not complain if your suggestion is denied by the Administration, or voted away by the community.
    • This section is used for community feedback, Mafia City Roleplay makes no garuntees that a feature will be added.
    • Mafia City Roleplay reserves the right to prohibit posting in this section at any time, for any reason.
    Please understand that all suggestions may not receive a response until release.
    Dismiss Notice

LEOs contesting (shut down) turfs

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by JoeSlice, Feb 10, 2020.

?

Do you support this suggestion?

This poll will close on Jun 9, 2020 at 6:33 PM.
  1. Yes

31.8%
  2. No

68.2%
  1. JoeSlice

JoeSlice Meh Guy

Suggestion Title:
    LEOs contesting (shut down) turfs

Suggestion Category:
    Roleplay Server

Suggestion Sub-Category:
    Turfs

Suggestion:
    Seeing as groups are allowed to claim a turf as their own, gaining a % of items sold in the area.

Resources are constantly wasted from the LSPD's vault for peacekeeping of those turf areas, often resulting in death, loss of vehicles etc.
    Which is part of a reason why cops find the current system problematic, it's like a constant warzone.

I do believe there should either be perks for LSPD or disadvantages for crims from LSPD shutting down a turf.

One system I thought of was:
    If turf is shut down by cops, citizens (NPC) are more likely to call 911 reporting suspicious activity(attempt to reclaim turf, people selling drugs).

So yeah, drop any ideas in comments and maybe we can figure something out in that direction!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. kennygribbins

kennygribbins Meh Guy
    Founding Supp. Supporter

how would the officers know its a turf you cant just go there cos someone said suspicious activity and shoot everyone

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. JoeSlice

JoeSlice Meh Guy

how do crims know its a turf you cant just go there cos someone said... oh wait nobody says nothing about that

GiGeorge likes this.
  4. Michael Wilson

Michael Wilson Meh Guy
    Founding Supp. Supporter

Right back at you... bit one sided isnt it?

Agree with this suggestion. Unfortunatly alot wont because it puts them at a slight disadvantage to WINNING.

5. Jimmy_The_Newb

Jimmy_The_Newb New Guy
    Supporter

Today was a great example. Turf war was obviously going on. We were given a tip. We proceeded to area with all units but still outnumbered and outgunned. We couldn’t do anything because the minute we would try to simply get a gang to leave the area things would have popped off but we should have been counter the turf war since we had marked units in the area. Realistically y’all would have had to hide.

instead you circled our marked units and acted like you were the cops and we were the criminals. It’s stupid how it is now.

Michael Wilson likes this.
  6. RvGhost

RvGhost Savage
    Founding Supp. Supporter

Alright all I see besides Joe giving a legit suggestion is cops whining.

I actually agree somewhat with this idea but restrictions would have to be put in place against repeat capping. Currently we have to defend it daily without choice and it would really suck if we were punished for trying to defend our own turf from attacks. We can't just ignore it

7. Bullet

Bullet Meh Guy
    Founding Supp. Supporter

Current turf system is unrealistic. How do gangs collect taxes on turf they don’t have to hold down? What is this shit? Pyru payAll accepted by all major drug users and suppliers?
    Cash is king.

StreetLgnd likes this.
  8. JoeSlice

JoeSlice Meh Guy

What if having 1 cop in the area(perhaps greater than normal cap area, 1cop=2crims sorta thing) reduces the turf claim to neutral, basically forcing the gangs to either take over the turf slower with fewer people as to not attract attention, do it outside of the hours of most police activity or leaving the area whenever cops show up. (Skidaddle like real criminals)

The justification of roleplay would be that the presence of police around a territory claim can discourage potential 15% ;)

It'd help overcome this unbalance at performing turfs. I'm sure there is a turf/illegal crim content in the works but we gotta balance what we work with right now.

Otherwise, it's all just a waiting game :3
    If you leave then come back again, then things get spicy(shooty pointy sticks). Which would be a last resort for the PD.
    Should the cops survive and kill off any trespassers, they then can proceed to lock down the turf.
    Which then locks the turf for x amount of time.

I assume that this would be a benefit for the impasse LSPD was having currently with overwhelming amounts of crims while the server is in 80~ players.

9. Oleg

Oleg Newer Guy

its 2020 bro get with the times lmao nowadays extortion is done through paypal

on topic: from what i can tell gangs dont have a 1/10 of the guns PD has, unless some balancing is done you shouldn't contest turfs yet

10. Jimmy_The_Newb

Jimmy_The_Newb New Guy
    Supporter

Yes. This! THIS!

11. Azulya

Azulya New Guy
    Supporter

I think there are A LOT of things that PD could do to have a bigger affect on Gang/Crim rp. When it comes to turf wars, I rarely saw PD/COPS EXCEPT right before or during a shootout. That's the issue. There is no LSPD presence UNTIL something bad happens or is about to happen or until LSPD gets a "tip".

I think it would be super cool if PD had a GIU/GSU- gang intelligence unit/gang suppression unit. Officers in these divisions can keep high patrol in areas where there is known criminal activity during the day- break out the RIOT SHIELDS . If the goal is to prevent/limit gang activity, there needs to be more active PD in those areas PRIOR to something happening. Its better to be pro-active, than to wait around for a shootout to happen, and then be outnumbered before you can even arrive at the scene.

Maybe we can limit shootouts on turf to be when its night (in game) and then during the day they can't be capped/taken over (by force- if no one is on the turf, than it can be capped)? Or Maybe Pd can be on higher patrol in these areas during the day in order to be proactive.

I like this idea howEVER- from a criminal perspective I can imagine people just going after the cops.

I think cops overall need to either stay in constant alert, have a division dedicated to keeping an eye on turfs/gang activity, OR when shootouts happen, lock down turfs for a certain amount of time (like an hour or two oocly).

I think locking down turfs would suck, but it is a good alternative as well. Lock down the turfs after a shootout if PD have taken control over the area. That way no one can cap it until it is released. Having a lockdown on turfs would make it so there is no insentive for gangs to just shoot at the cops that are in the area, because they couldn't regain their turf anyways since it would be locked down. Maybe PD could have like a command that starts locking down the area. It could take like 30 seconds? And if they can lock it down, it would be unavailable for a gang to cap for a small amount of time. This being said, I think that whoever has control of the turf during the lockdown should keep that turf, its really only a shootout prevention tactic.

Anywho, those are my thoughts.

#11 Azulya, Feb 11, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  12. itzryzo

itzryzo New Guy

How are people ever supposed to take over the turfs if police can shut it down? The people who own the turfs already call the police, this would just make the current owners of the turfs pretty much permanent.
    Maybe it would be more balanced if a shutdown turf would not give any taxes

Azulya likes this.
  13. Azulya

Azulya New Guy
    Supporter

no taxes sounds good. I think it should just pause the progress though on the turf- aka, if Crows have a turf for 800pts and its on lockdown, it should stay at that number until its off lockdown - however no benefits makes sense. If it were to reset it and become neutral, you can almost guarantee that the gangs will hop on that and fight for it the moment the lockdown is over.

14. JoeSlice

JoeSlice Meh Guy

Initiating a "shutdown" would spawn barricades around the area, blocking off most points of access to the turf point, forcing the criminals to go on foot and be more vulnerable.

Then any vehicles inside of the turf area would be "locked" in.

Also, I was thinking about having gunshots put a 1-second marker on the map, which would make the criminals even more vulnerable but not force the 48-hour shutdown.

15. RvGhost

RvGhost Savage
    Founding Supp. Supporter

This "Shutdown" idea won't work with the current turf system sorry man.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice