Let Storm Stay!

Should an exception be made and allow stormcrow to remain with the community?

• Yes

Votes: 30 50.8%
  • No

Votes: 29 49.2%

• Total voters

Ronnie Edwards

Newer Guy
Reaction score
And that's entirely discretion based. I'm sure you guys would argue that Gavin, Adam, and others banned on your side had positive impacts too.
No definitely not, I wouldn’t argue myself or a lot of our people has had the positive impact on the server that storm has had. Of course we all would love to have our people back but that’s not possible and this conversation wasn’t started to get our people back and neither have we said anything about it, it’s been you guys that has pushed for a return of people. This has solely been a conversation about a member of this community that has done wonders for the server.

DingyEU

Support Team
Support Team
Tester
Reaction score
As much as i value storm crow as a friend, as a great leader and a great staff member, and as much as I would love for him to come back and continue with his fantastic RP and continue what he does for the server, I am going to have to say no and agree with everybody that has disagreed with the unban. He broke the rules of the server where this could of left him IC'ly. I am unsure of what he gained and how he gained it but if he bought something that would come massive in the future.
Stormcrow I am deeply saddened to see you go and I hope you the very best <3

Panda

The Rebel
Supporter
Reaction score
Its nice to see people supporting someone they know is a good person. I don't know about Storms case. I know he made good decisions on forums.

What I do know, is I WILL NOT be compared to him nor anybody RWTing or hacking or w/e. I BROKE NO RULE. I was sleeping while some tellytubby was piloting my account teleporting around and killing people in a video game. To be quite honest its discouraged me from being close with ANYONE I have developed relationships with in the last 2 years. All fake people. Except you Luca Love you brah. Select few good people here with ethics and integrity.

Mafia City is light years ahead of where they were 2 years ago. I think most of you need to start valuing this community and the people inside it more. Likely the last forum post youll see from me, unless im mentioned again. I wish every one ( except the individuals who hacked me, I hope yall die painfully or go to jail IRL) the best of luck in their IRL endeavors. And for the children reading and playing on this server. REAL LIFE IS MORE IMPORTANT

Tyrone Barter 2019-2021
Wishing death upon someone else over a video game while claiming to be a mature adult is more than sad and says quite a lot about you. Go take a chill pill. Also it’s quite contradicting how you say “life is more important” about the kids playing on the server yet you are acting worse than a kid wishing death upon someone else over a game. It’s time to go Barter.

Guiseppe

Alright Guy
Reaction score
listen the rulkes should be changed for everybody. Only hacking deserves perm ban. RWT deserves an account wipe and asset wipe. If the person wants to choose to start over after putting a bunch of time and real money into the game and losing everything, that should be their choice..

Trading shit in between characters should be a wipe of that item or amount traded. Lets learn and progress from this.

Guiseppe

Alright Guy
Reaction score
I am unsure of what he gained and how he gained it but if he bought something that would come massive in the future.
yes and he lost that , along with the money he spent. So I dont see the point of banning him from the game. That is my unbias opinion and I feel it should go onto every person with this type of situation.

Hendry Brown

New Guy
Reaction score
Well, RWT = RWT they should be banned for that.
Other thing is that storm was a good admin and if this would come to the part that he will come back it should be a character wipe.

If you all say let him come back we basicly say that RWT is fine and everyone can do it.

Hendry Brown

New Guy
Reaction score
I'm posting this in hope that people would understand how amazing of a guy Stormcrow is and why he should be let back into the community, despite his rule break.

Storm is the most unselfish person/staff/roleplayer I have ever met, he was always caring the most for the betterment of the server and its roleplay.

For the ones that do not know, Storm has RWT (bought) some assets 7 months ago, he fucked up big time.

It is only now coming to light that he has done it and, to my knowledge no investigation was done, the man was simply asked:
"Did you RWT", and he responded with a yes, and gave out all the details. How respectable can one person be?

Stormcrow is a straight-up and honest dude, he was one of the most respected people in the community, every interaction with him was gold.

He got DOJ to the point it is now, he has helped Group Management grow, he has been the best head of legal Groups so far, and has gotten the community to a much better place, despite his small-time in the staff team.

My proposition is to let Stormcrow stay in the community, but wipe his character, have him be suspended from staff for some time so he can continue working his magic with improvements in the community.

Make an exception for Storm.
Sure think, Let him come back but with a character wipe agreed, but if storm gets change to come back also get the other that were involved back in the game with a character wipe. not just only 1 person. its all or none.

DingyEU

Support Team
Support Team
Tester
Reaction score
yes and he lost that , along with the money he spent. So I dont see the point of banning him from the game. That is my unbias opinion and I feel it should go onto every person with this type of situation.
I actually agree RWT should result in a an asset wipe and a player wipe as they are also loosing out IRL money too.

Panda

The Rebel
Supporter
Reaction score
I actually agree RWT should result in a an asset wipe and a player wipe as they are also loosing out IRL money too.
What gets players banned are the points, in this case tho since the rulebreak was to this great extent the punishment was adjusted to match the significance of the breach.

Panda

The Rebel
Supporter
Reaction score
What gets players banned are the points, in this case tho since the rulebreak was to this great extent the punishment was adjusted to match the significance of the breach.
To correct myself cause I messed up, money farming gets you wiped and points, but rwt is a guaranteed perma ban and complete wipe since it’s a combination of breaches. (Aka metagaming and fucking up the whole economy through “malicious” ways.)

Reactions: Scar

Scar

This Guy
Reaction score
To correct myself cause I messed up, money farming gets you wiped and points, but rwt is a guaranteed perma ban and complete wipe since it’s a combination of breaches. (Aka metagaming and fucking up the whole economy through “malicious” ways.)
It doesn't really "fuck up the economy" it doesn't technically add anything to the eco- so there is no inflation. But I agree with everything else

stormcrow

This Guy
Supporter
Reaction score

Actually. RWT doesn't hurt the economy. The economy was fundamentally flawed from the beginning, and then further harmed later. Three factors are involved.

a) The way businesses work is flawed. Period. The fact that 99% of businesses require absolutely zero interaction from the owners to generate income from the corp, no employees or wages paid to them are required, ensures that, to make money, all a corp needs to do is buy the establishment, and profit. There is no requirement for the money to cycle back into the economy by means of paying wages. Only dealerships, and to a much much smaller degree, food establishments require employees. This also means, because all businesses are open 24/7 as no employees are required, that only specific locations will generate large amounts of income.

b) The increase in pay from scripted jobs, and UBI. These two things absolutely ruined the MCRP economy (or what was left of it.) They devalued everything across the board and made money virtually meaningless overnight. Fishermen went from making 3k an hour, to 20k an hour overnight.

c) Absolutely no oversight in regards to people that simply log in once a month to keep their properties.

RWT actually helps the economy by taking businesses from people that are inactive, or going to be inactive, to those that are.

Having said that. It is still a) metagaming. b) powergaming. c) play to win.

Despite my intentions, despite the good that I did do with the properties I aquired, it boils down to this:

What I did was 100% wrong. I 100% deserve a perm. I do not wish to be unbanned due to my previous position, or work that I did on the server; frankly if I'm unbanned due to this, it undermines the work that I did - because the motivation behind everything I did as staff and as a group leader, was fairness and justice - and at the end of the day, my ban is fair and just.

I appreciate the idea behind this, I love all of the people standing behind me, I do. I love the people that are taking a stand just as much. Both stances come from the right places, but the people that are taking a stand are in this case, in the right.

There are times when the community rallies behind someone that has been banned - Perfection for example - whom 100% deserved to be unbanned. His ban was not fair, or just. This is not the case here. This is not comparable. I knowingly did what I did.

DomDom

The Crow
Supporter
Reaction score
Actually. RWT doesn't hurt the economy. The economy was fundamentally flawed from the beginning, and then further harmed later. Three factors are involved.

a) The way businesses work is flawed. Period. The fact that 99% of businesses require absolutely zero interaction from the owners to generate income from the corp, no employees or wages paid to them are required, ensures that, to make money, all a corp needs to do is buy the establishment, and profit. There is no requirement for the money to cycle back into the economy by means of paying wages. Only dealerships, and to a much much smaller degree, food establishments require employees. This also means, because all businesses are open 24/7 as no employees are required, that only specific locations will generate large amounts of income.

b) The increase in pay from scripted jobs, and UBI. These two things absolutely ruined the MCRP economy (or what was left of it.) They devalued everything across the board and made money virtually meaningless overnight. Fishermen went from making 3k an hour, to 20k an hour overnight.

c) Absolutely no oversight in regards to people that simply log in once a month to keep their properties.

RWT actually helps the economy by taking businesses from people that are inactive, or going to be inactive, to those that are.

Having said that. It is still a) metagaming. b) powergaming. c) play to win.

Despite my intentions, despite the good that I did do with the properties I aquired, it boils down to this:

What I did was 100% wrong. I 100% deserve a perm. I do not wish to be unbanned due to my previous position, or work that I did on the server; frankly if I'm unbanned due to this, it undermines the work that I did - because the motivation behind everything I did as staff and as a group leader, was fairness and justice - and at the end of the day, my ban is fair and just.

I appreciate the idea behind this, I love all of the people standing behind me, I do. I love the people that are taking a stand just as much. Both stances come from the right places, but the people that are taking a stand are in this case, in the right.

There are times when the community rallies behind someone that has been banned - Perfection for example - whom 100% deserved to be unbanned. His ban was not fair, or just. This is not the case here. This is not comparable. I knowingly did what I did.
Actually it ruins the economy because you didn't spend IC money to gain an asset and then you "sold" an asset for IC money and you just gained something.

stormcrow

This Guy
Supporter
Reaction score
Actually it ruins the economy because you didn't spend IC money to gain an asset and then you "sold" an asset for IC money and you just gained something.

It's zero sum. Money was paid for the property by someone. That individual could have sold it. Instead ownership was transferred to another individual whom eventually sold it. There's no more or less money entering the economy with RWT. Thus the economy as a whole isn't impacted in a negative manner. In terms of impact on the economy, it is absolutely no different than people giving their items away before they quit or get banned.

It could be argued, that the economy is positively impacted in cases in which the properties are purchased from individuals that do not play, yet only log in once a month to keep the properties, as, money from those businesses is being pumped back into the economy rather than just being sucked into a black hole. (Please note, this is not me justifying the rule breach or making an attempt to say that it's right, but, it does not ruin the economy in the slightest.)

It is, as previously mentioned, metagaming, powergaming, and pay/play to win all wrapped into one bundle as mentioned, and thus absolutely wrong.