1. Posting Suggestions and Responses

Hello Guest, please read and follow the below instructions:
    • When posting a suggestion, make sure it is not a previously posted suggestion.
    • Make your best effort to respond to suggestions in an understandable and reasonable manner.
    • Everyone disagrees, just be respectful.
    • Do not complain if your suggestion is denied by the Administration, or voted away by the community.
    • This section is used for community feedback, Mafia City Roleplay makes no garuntees that a feature will be added.
    • Mafia City Roleplay reserves the right to prohibit posting in this section at any time, for any reason.
    Please understand that all suggestions may not receive a response until release.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Quick Announcement
    New Forum Section: Creative Content

Hello Guest!

We've recently added a new forum section called Creative Content. You can post screenshots, video, gifs, and more in this section if you'd like! Graphic design, video showcases, twitch highlights and anything to showcase your creativity! Please feel free to check it out.

https://mafiacity-rp.com/forums/index.php?forums/creative-content.153/
    Dismiss Notice

Make The Roleplay Environment Faster Paced

Discussion in 'Denied Suggestions' started by aon, Dec 12, 2019.

?

Do you support this suggestion?

Poll closed Apr 10, 2020.
  1. Yes

25.0%
  2. No

75.0%
  1. aon

aon The Guy Hype Team Supporter

Suggestion Title:
    Make The Roleplay Environment Faster Paced

Suggestion Category:
    Roleplay Server

Suggestion Sub-Category:
    Environment

Suggestion:
    Okay, so, I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels waiting for people to respond to /me's and /do's is complete garbage in 2019, and it's time for us to forget the outdated past from SAMP times.
    I would like to see the server moving towards a faster paced roleplay environment, with scripts and minor rule changes. Let me give you an example: A cop is cuffing a guy. Now, the current way to do this, would be the cop going "/me attempts to cuff the suspect", then doing a "/do any resistance?", then the suspect finally going "/do No" or "/do yes [actions]". I'm sure most people can agree this is not fun or immersive to do, and outdated as hell. What I'm proposing, is if a cop starts cuffing someone, the player has a few seconds in which he can start running away/punching or resisting some other way. This will make it both easier for the player to understand what's happening, and for the cops to understand whether a player is actually resisting or not. Especially since this is a VOIP server aimed at being an immersive environment, I am unable to see any reason for us to do it the old fashioned way. It just simply sucks standing there with no one talking, having to type in the chat, and slows down roleplay.
    Another example, a cop is dragging a player. Make a script that gives the player being dragged a chance to escape, either by mashing a button or whatever else you can think of. If he doesn't want to resist, he just gets dragged by the cop normally.

There are many other examples, I'm just giving the most basic one where both the criminals and cops would benefit. And what this accomplishes, is clarity in players's actions, there won't be any doubt about how to react to and underrstand certain situations.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Shorty

Shorty Meh Guy

Maybe its just me but i would like to be able to voice with my mic what im doing example: I'm taking my cuffs out and im going to cuff you now

Xandy likes this.
  3. KariOne

KariOne Newer Guy Supporter

I dislike this idea

This would just take away options from rp, limiting you to punching or running (the only actions that can be performed by game mechanics.) you can't rp headbutting the cop for example, or elbowing him and trying to get away. Big no from me personally as this method would be flawed and messy. I understand the crave for change, as the current method has been used for a very long time, but it works very well, and if you choose to do so, by all means during a robbery do something like: "Alright I'm gonna check your fucking pockets now, you better not move." because if you're at gunpoint that's gonna happen whether you like it or not. And add a rule saying the victim could possibly do something like "/me would attempt to push the man away and run /do success? " and if they did not do any commands then that would mean they consent to the frisk. I feel like this has potential to be a good suggestion but I think you've went about it the wrong way.

#3 KariOne, Dec 12, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    HoneyBadger and Xandy like this.
  4. Zayn

Zayn Alright Guy Supporter

I'm pretty sure this is already on the server, but you havent noticed.

5. Tavi

Tavi Member of Staff Supporter

Considering MCRP are all about the interaction menu recently couldn’t we automate some of the basic rp through that?

So using your example a cop goes up to criminal with his hands up and selects cuff in the int menu, rather than having to type a /me as well why not have it automate the /me of ‘takes out cuffs and attempts to cuff the dude’ (not suggesting that exact wording). It could then give them a pop up to click ‘accept’ or ‘resist’. If they click accept you continue without having to type any /me or /do, and if they click resist it could prompt them to say how? This would speed up a lot of scenarios but still allow them to resist in any rp way they like if they want to do so.

Even better if there was an option to make your own /me /do scenarios through the int menu, allowing people to tailor it to their RP and wording style. Like a medic could make one for stretcher and when they select it it could say ‘/me would attempt to lift the patient onto the stretcher’ and it then gives them a comply/resist pop up.

this wouldn’t work for every use case Of /me or /do but I figure it would speed up a lot of the more frequently used scenarios like cuffing or tieing someone up, or when you blindfold them or search etc... most of the time they will just comply and it would be relatively quick but it doesn’t limit anyone’s rp.

the reason I suggest a pop up for comply or resist is mostly because half the time people don’t seem to read the chat and you waste time waiting for people to respond to your /me. If the responses could be typed in a pop up too even better, then for things like medics doing ‘/me inspects the person for injuries’, ‘/do what would I see?’ If they get a pop up for them to ‘describe their injuries’ then medics will spend less time waiting for the injured person to read the chat, stop arguing in /b, stop shouting in voip and ignoring the rp etc. Would also make situations with multiple people a lot easier to deal with as there would be less confusion of who was interacting with who.

just my ideas from reading your suggestion

aon likes this.
  6. Joshua

Joshua Founder Lead Admin Supporter

I'm actually pretty sure we setup the cuffing system to avoid this. I believe there is a delay specifically for that individual to resist arrest. @Frank can comment further.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. aon

aon The Guy Hype Team Supporter

Thanks for the response, I was not aware of that. That's just currently how we've been doing things. It would be great if @Frank could elaborate :)

8. Frank

Frank Meh Guy Supporter

Correct, there is a 3 second delay between the start of the attempt and the actual cuffing procedure.

The delay has been added to allow crims a chance to resist, and cops to remove the need to do /me's and /do's for attempting to cuff, where people liked to run away.

9. Michael Wilson

Michael Wilson Meh Guy Supporter

But what i've we're holding someone? RP'ly? They cant just run away.

It would be cool to be fair to have a few automated things or "popups" for RP.

Lets say I goto arrest someone and cuff them, They have a screen popup and say resist or dont. Something along those lines anway. Would be new and a step forward.

Tavi likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice