1. Posting Suggestions and Responses

Hello Guest, please read and follow the below instructions:
    • When posting a suggestion, make sure it is not a previously posted suggestion.
    • Make your best effort to respond to suggestions in an understandable and reasonable manner.
    • Everyone disagrees, just be respectful.
    • Do not complain if your suggestion is denied by the Administration, or voted away by the community.
    • This section is used for community feedback, Mafia City Roleplay makes no garuntees that a feature will be added.
    • Mafia City Roleplay reserves the right to prohibit posting in this section at any time, for any reason.
    Please understand that all suggestions may not receive a response until release.
    Dismiss Notice

/mes /dos and patting players down

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by dieselrocco, Jan 12, 2020.

?

Do you support this suggestion?

This poll will close on May 11, 2020 at 6:51 AM.
  1. Yes

73.7%
  2. No

26.3%
  1. dieselrocco

dieselrocco Newer Guy

Suggestion Title:
    /mes /dos and patting players down

Suggestion Category:
    Roleplay Server

Suggestion Sub-Category:
    Crime

Suggestion:
    I think that automatic /mes /dos should be implemented for when someone picks up/ loots a gun and loads it from someone. This makes RP more realistic since loading a gun can be actually heard. In addition to that, it also prevents other players from stealth looting. Not just guns. I also think that we should know in /me everything a player takes/loots from another. An alternative would be to at least show their /me and /do over their heads (player ID) for such stuff.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 dieselrocco, Jan 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
  2. Kay

Kay Alright Guy
    Founding Supp. Supporter

Yes, there should be a notification that somebody is looting, but if it’s an automatic /me, they’d need to wait for a /do from another player.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    LOAFY911 likes this.
  3. dieselrocco

dieselrocco Newer Guy

y
    yeah thats what i meant after the person roleplays patting him down and the response from the other player that we can see the /mes of what is taken and especially when equipping a gun

Kay likes this.
  4. Nameless

Nameless Content Developer
    Developer Moderator Supporter

I support the need for this.

In my opinion it would be best to have the following:

Player 1 manually does the /me and /do for looting
    Player 2 manually /do yes you are able to loot me etc

Automatic /me for Player 1 as "/me takes <itemname> from <Player 2>" or "/me gives <itemname> to <Player 2>" if an item is given to them / planted on their persons

dieselrocco, Bullet and LOAFY911 like this.
  5. Azrael Kekoa (DASU)

Founding Supp. Supporter

I'm sorry if you are down there should be no response..... no /do

this permission to do crap is stupid... if you get yourself shot then except the consequence! (aka: you loose your shit!)

as far as notifications and automatic /me messages..... Absolutely Yes

6. Bullet

Bullet Meh Guy
    Founding Supp. Supporter

There are rules for a reason. If the rule was so simply as you state it here, then it would surely be abused. We all have to agree to some sort of standard to play this game all while having fun. You absolutely must allow players to respond to RP.

The idea from nameless to add the auto me' s and do's to the actual frisking and moving of items makes a little sense. Would someone standing several feet away know or see you take a pistol from someone?

The time it takes for someone to type /me and /do can be seen as the time needed to actually pat someone down. I can't even nut a small amount of blow due to the limitations of the server. This can't be an arcade game of looting and scooting.

7. dieselrocco

dieselrocco Newer Guy

So well put and explained totally agree

8. Shorty

Shorty Meh Guy

Well theres an easy fix to this. Make a 10 second search timer after the automatic /me appears before you are able to view the contents of the person you are searching. This would give players time to respond if they don't want to get frisked.

Bullet and LOAFY911 like this.
  9. LOAFY911

LOAFY911 New Guy
    Supporter

I agree with this, it would be nice to have an automatic /me for searching with a timer as well as showing the text above people’s head.

10. Bullet

Bullet Meh Guy
    Founding Supp. Supporter

I wouldn't assume it's just that easy. Things are never as they appear. How would the script determine that a player has agreed to the frisk before the ten second timer? How would the script know the player is still within range to frisk?

When you go to open a door, you make a lot of assumptions, compare many factors, etc. It's not as simple as "an easy fix"

With this, do we all have to wait 10 seconds now to frisk?

Generally speaking there shouldn't be a scripted solution for situations where some RP and player interaction would suffice. Some instances make sense; * can be heard opening a door, moving items from one inventory to another during a frisk, opening a car door, etc.

Nameless likes this.
  11. LOAFY911

LOAFY911 New Guy
    Supporter

Some things to address your concerns

“How would the script determine that a player has agreed to the frisk” - have it in a /frisk command that allows for the other player getting frisked to type /friskaccept allowing the frisk 10 sec countdown.

“How would the script know the player is still within range to frisk?” - Isn’t there already a script in place that makes it so you have to be in distance to frisk a downed player?

I think the main point of this discussion is that if there could be a way to scriptly make frisking and rping searching people in general it would make rp more fluid and fun.

On eclipse they had this kind of system and everyone seemed to have no issues with it. Have text displayed over players and when frisking.

dieselrocco and Bullet like this.
  12. Bullet

Bullet Meh Guy
    Founding Supp. Supporter

You absolutely are required to use /me and /do to frisk people on ECRP, and you must wait for their response. It's powergaming on ECRP, just like it is here. There is the friskaccept mechanic over there for confirmation, which works.

Myabe I'm off point here. I think we all agree /me and /do are required to initiate a frisk. The victim is required to respond in a reasonable amount of time contingent on RP details. The person frisking is required to give the victim a chance to respond. (The response must be appropriate and fit within already existing PG rules).

I'm not suggesting that we /me when we take items from someone, that would be a good script idea. I'm only advocating for the point that all players must be given a chance to respond to RP.

13. LOAFY911

LOAFY911 New Guy
    Supporter

Yea I agree of course people still have to have rp with /me but yea the /me script with showing what you’re picking up would be nice. Maybe the frisk accept mechanic would be nice to avoid power gaming

Bullet likes this.
  14. Shorty

Shorty Meh Guy

I agree frisking a player that is not downed there will need to be confirmation. So lets put it like this

>If alive send frisk request once the frisked party accept you will NOT get a timer as you are actively doing roleplay and nothing is really automatic. This means you would have to do your /me and /do

>If player is downed send and automatic /me something like "You are about to be frisked by [ID 1]". This would be automatic as there is no way a downed player would be able to stop you frisking him, and this would start a 10 second timer to "rp" you searching his pockets and stuff real quick. In real life you can frisk someone down fairly fast.

I don't see an issue roleplaying frisks as long as they are alive. But when people are downed is where "roleplaying" a frisk breaks my immersion. How in the living hell is a ALMOST dead player that literally can do NOTHING suppose to stop me from frisking him? Why would asking him /do success? do anything towards roleplay. If he responds with anything other than no it's powergaming.

LOAFY911 and Bullet like this.
  15. Bullet

Bullet Meh Guy
    Founding Supp. Supporter

No sir. i don't think you're understanding the powergame aspect of this.

every player has the right to appropriately respond to RP. that's it. it doesn't matter if they are downed, or you think they cant reply, or you feel one way or the other. all players must abide by the PG rules. a downed player cant realistically resist your attempt tot frisk them. That doesn't allow you to frisk them without proper /me and /do. You must still give all players a chance to respond to RP.

A few minuets fast. you dont frisk people in a matter of seconds, unless you want to get stabbed in the neck with a 2 inch blade.

"ALMOST dead" exactly. the player is not dead. and you do not have the right to not give them the chance to respond to RP again, its that simple. "literally do nothing" how do you know when you haven't given them a chance to respond to RP?

/me attempts to frisk the man on the ground.
    /do would anything prevent me from frisking the man?

and 99/100 times the appropriate response is
    /do no

but that 1/100 chance the player may have something you need to be aware of, thats the point of the rules.​

This statement is you literally not giving a player a chance to respond to RP. You can't possibly know if they have done things in their RP that you need to be aware of before frisking them. Locked their vehicle safe with a pin code for example. The phone camera could be saving to an encrypted cloud storage location. Hell something, you just don't know and you can't assume. Your RP is not their RP.

/do success? is lazy.

At least you didn't write /do s?

Some of you all think speed and robbing someone in ten seconds equates to good RP. Less automation the better lest this becomes a server where little to no interaction is required. i can sell my drugs to NPC homes. scripts frisk people, yadda yadda yadda.

its a slippery slope friend.

Wozak likes this.
  16. Shorty

Shorty Meh Guy

I'm not talking about police frisking my guy. Have you ever been robbed/robbed someone in real life? That shit don't take minutes it takes seconds. As a criminal time is of the essence.

All of this is unrelated we are talking about frisking my guy not their RP for whatever other thing. Him recording or his car being locked or him keeping pictures of his dead grandma in his wallet is of no use to me if I'm just trying to rob the guy of his belongings.

How is a downed person going to stab me in the neck with a 2 inch blade when he is DOWNED?

No correct which is exactly why we are debating if automatic /me's would be better so there never was any confusion or "stealth looting"

As i said before
    Alive: Do the RP
    Downed: Automatic /me's

17. Bullet

Bullet Meh Guy
    Founding Supp. Supporter

Police frisking? A frisk is a frisk.

Have I eve...? what? o_O:rolleyes:

Your logic is out there. Good luck man.

18. Wozak

Wozak New Guy

I completely disagree. What if they had prior rp hiding it in their boot. Should not be loosely seen as realistically there is no magic flying box that tells you everything in my pockets. It is an rp server my guy

If i rply threw my gun in a bush and a cop frisked me and found it "in my pocket" that would be powergaming. Script limitations don't allow you to do it, so you go above the scripts

19. Wozak

Wozak New Guy

I agree with literally everything you said except the "/do success?" being lazy. It isn't going above and beyond but it is isn't full of unnecessary unique statements that could burn a lot of people out relatively quickly. It exactly meets the rp threshold.

A lot of people seem to want to turn this away from being an RP server and want it to be call of duty with extra steps. Pretty disappointing. Glad there are people fighting to keep RP alive like you :D

Bullet likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice