• Quick Announcement
    New Forum Section: Creative Content

Hello Guest!

We've recently added a new forum section called Creative Content. You can post screenshots, video, gifs, and more in this section if you'd like! Graphic design, video showcases, twitch highlights and anything to showcase your creativity! Please feel free to check it out.

https://mafiacity-rp.com/forums/index.php?forums/creative-content.153/
  • Good day Guest!

You may have noticed you are no longer able to access the Mafia City Roleplay Discord due to a recent security issue.

You can rejoin using our Discord Invite link: https://discord.gg/fHNb6nw

Nataiii's rule suggestion for Killing On Sight

Nataiii

New Guy
Reaction score
Rule Name:
Killing On Sight​

Is this a rule addition, change, or removal:
Rule Change​

Suggested Rule Text:
Killing or attempting to kill another player without valid ROLEPLAY REASONING is not permitted.​

What are the benefits of this rule:
It would allow players to be able to ACTUALLY respond to an up and coming situation without getting him with rule abuse pvp mentality. I spoke about this rule many times before and have recently seen a clip of multiple people of an opposing gang driving around circles of another gang having easily 3 times the numbers and the weaker gang simply has to sit there and wait for a verbal "hey me and my guys are about to rob you" or do it themselves. In a real life situation if you see 5 cars pull up with all masked individuals and go from 100 mph to stop on a dime directly infront of you its extremely obvious especially in this server whats about to happen. I suggest if you have a true reason to shoot the you can. It would make defending yourself an ACTUAL possibility.
Just like in real life there have been many situations where people fearing for their life would in fact "shoot first ask questions later".
This rule would make the defending side have a true chance of success. It would also make robbers think twice before committing crimes on the weak.​

What are the negatives of this rule change, addition, or removal:
Its possible people would mistake a robbery for trolling but lets be honest, if your falsely making people believe your a threat to their livelihood you should be shot anyway. Also if people got it wrong and the robber stops or doesnt get out with a weapon then 9 times out of 10 they would be shot maybe twice at best and the defender would stop making everyones rp better.​

I confirmed that I have properly thought about this rule amendment. I also confirm that I've discussed this rule amendment with others. I also confirm I've checked the suggestion section before previously posting this rule suggestion and understand that I will receive a warning for posting a duplicate suggestion.
Yes​

phillyCHEEEEEZ

Member of Staff
Senior Moderator
Supporter
Reaction score
Suggested Rule Text:
Killing or attempting to kill another player without valid ROLEPLAY REASONING is not permitted.
The deathmatch rule already prohibits this behavior.

Also, a lot of what I'm seeing here is suggesting that most of your problems called be solved by just firing your weapon. This is PvP mentality and what we want to avoid promoting in this community.

Nataiii

New Guy
Reaction score
Yes it does by in my opinion 2 rules should not bounce off from each other and their should be a line between them no matter how thin and that line of kos should no longer for a defending party involve them to need an initiation is the point im making. If you truly believe in your heart your life is about to be drastically affected why wait for someone to verbally tell you first.

Capt_Morte

Newer Guy
Reaction score
Yes it does by in my opinion 2 rules should not bounce off from each other and their should be a line between them no matter how thin and that line of kos should no longer for a defending party involve them to need an initiation is the point im making. If you truly believe in your heart your life is about to be drastically affected why wait for someone to verbally tell you first.
What I personally have seen most people do is in that sort of situation KoS and deal with the politics later. Whether or no anyone wants to admit it there is a grey area when it comes to this sort of thing. But you have to remember one thing. EVERYONE values their own life. No one is gonna endanger their own life unless they have good and specific reasons. E.g. military, police, firefighters, gang members, etc. Case in point those are prime examples of "Valid Roleplay Reasons". If you are in a position of vulnerability, you are not gonna risk your own life. Not even military and the like risk it all when they know it's a losing battle. Unless their trying to be the hero.

Nataiii

New Guy
Reaction score
What I personally have seen most people do is in that sort of situation KoS and deal with the politics later. Whether or no anyone wants to admit it there is a grey area when it comes to this sort of thing. But you have to remember one thing. EVERYONE values their own life. No one is gonna endanger their own life unless they have good and specific reasons. E.g. military, police, firefighters, gang members, etc. Case in point those are prime examples of "Valid Roleplay Reasons". If you are in a position of vulnerability, you are not gonna risk your own life. Not even military and the like risk it all when they know it's a losing battle. Unless their trying to be the hero.
Exactly what im saying if a person has like a shotgun or something and notice theres a potential threat I believe if a car were to stop directly in front of them wearing multiple masks in a normal gang oriented vehicle they should be allowed to aim the aim atleast 1st no mask required obviously and if the car doors open opening fire should immediately be the next step.

Capt_Morte

Newer Guy
Reaction score
Exactly what im saying if a person has like a shotgun or something and notice theres a potential threat I believe if a car were to stop directly in front of them wearing multiple masks in a normal gang oriented vehicle they should be allowed to aim the aim atleast 1st no mask required obviously and if the car doors open opening fire should immediately be the next step.
You missed my point entirely bro. Not a word I said got thru. Case in point: System isn't broken. Players are causing it to break.