1. Posting Suggestions and Responses

Hello Guest, please read and follow the below instructions:
    • When posting a suggestion, make sure it is not a previously posted suggestion.
    • Make your best effort to respond to suggestions in an understandable and reasonable manner.
    • Everyone disagrees, just be respectful.
    • Do not complain if your suggestion is denied by the Administration, or voted away by the community.
    • This section is used for community feedback, Mafia City Roleplay makes no garuntees that a feature will be added.
    • Mafia City Roleplay reserves the right to prohibit posting in this section at any time, for any reason.
    Please understand that all suggestions may not receive a response until release.
    Dismiss Notice

OOC Insults

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DaleBM, Feb 2, 2020.

?

Do you support this suggestion?

This poll will close on Jun 1, 2020 at 2:49 PM.
  1. Yes

92.0%
  2. No

8.0%
  1. DaleBM

DaleBM Public Relations

Suggestion Title:
    OOC Insults

Suggestion Category:
    Server Rules

Suggestion Sub-Category:
    Community Behaviour

Suggestion:
    I've realised after discussing with other community members about a situation recently that there is nothing in the server rules regarding OOC insults whilst playing on the server.

As far as I am aware this is addressed under the rules section of the MCRP Discord as noted here:
    5. You may not troll, be immature, or rude to other community members.

As this was a rule for the discord I have always assumed that a similar rule existed for the server but it appears I was wrong!

In my opinion /b is not the place to insult other members of the community and it can fully break the immersion of a situation. The community has access to the greenzone channel which is a designated place to insult each other and mock RP scenarios and it shouldn't take place in game.

In the moment of an RP scenario, I would argue it should be played out with as little inteference as possible and a discussion should either take place formally using the MCRP forums or in greenzone or in private messaging.

If you read this and hold a similar or different opinion please feel free to share it!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 DaleBM, Feb 2, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
    Blondiie likes this.
  2. Blondiie

Blondiie Member of Staff

Yup, being told im retarded in /b and /pms is kinda out of order

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Joshua

Joshua Lead Administration
    Lead Admin

This man gets it.

DaleBM and Nameless like this.
  4. Zelyr

Zelyr squished hamster
    Founding Supp. Supporter

Who in the right mind would do that?!

5. Shayan

Shayan New Guy
    Founding Supp. Supporter

I wanna go off at people in /b without repercussions. It helps to let off some steam and continue RPing with a clear head

6. Bobby Joesph

Bobby Joesph New Guy

I think people get offended too easy. That's all I'm saying.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice