1. Quick Announcement
    New Forum Section: Creative Content

Hello Guest!

We've recently added a new forum section called Creative Content. You can post screenshots, video, gifs, and more in this section if you'd like! Graphic design, video showcases, twitch highlights and anything to showcase your creativity! Please feel free to check it out.

https://mafiacity-rp.com/forums/index.php?forums/creative-content.153/
    Dismiss Notice

oven's rule suggestion for NLR Changes

Discussion in 'In-game Rule Suggestions' started by oven, Jun 30, 2020 at 10:42 AM.

1. Bullet

Bullet This Guy Supporter

Recovery means your character did not die. That's why he is allowed to return to the scene.

Its not immersive FOR ANYONE (not just PD) return to a shootout after being critically wounded and receiving life saving medical treatment, or are you saying it is?

you're right no rule change is needed. Lets see how the next person who will get reported for this. Then maybe one or two more reports. Then the rule change will be forced.

2. oven

oven New Guy

Its almost as if you dont play this side of the server, and havent experienced this issue but want to be ever so involved with it. We actually play this part of the server and see the problem with it, you giving your input based off assumptions is incredibly stupid.

3. Nivaurum

Nivaurum This Guy

I agree with you... it's not immersive.
    I also believe that it's totally immersive to return to any scene after you've recovered. (Not "dead", but recovered.)

The only way to make sense of the above is for recovery to take longer.

It seems like everybody here advocating for this suggestion is willing to make the argument that it's perfectly immersive to fully recover from being critically wounded in 5 minutes... unless your intention is to return to the scene.

4. Nivaurum

Nivaurum This Guy

You are not addressing anything I said.
    https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem

5. Shayan

Shayan Meh Guy Supporter

Overcomplicated solution for such a simple issue. Just make recoveries last x1.5 times longer.
    Your logic is extremely flawed here. I assume EMS recovery and prison time both follow the logic of "1 minute = 1 month", which would mean that if we get medical attention right away we have to recover for 5 months. People who go to war do in fact go back to the place that they were injured in and continue fighting if they have the physical and mental ability to do so. The only issue here is that the timer needs to be slightly longer.

Kay likes this.
  6. Smallboy

Smallboy This Guy Supporter

Either you're lying or are exaggerating. PD gets treated first as a priority due to IC reasons that the two departments have set up together, nothing to do with 'get the timer started' mentality. If you have any proof of any officer 'skippimg any “at the door rp” and literallly scream at the MDs to just “take me inside and let the surgeons deal with it”.' please forward it to me as that officer will be dealt with and potentially removed from the department.

This suggestion posted by Oven, I see positive sides and negative sides is not a place to lie about the LSPD and try throw them under the bus to seem cool. You just seem stupid to the individuals who know what you're stating is not factual.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. oven

oven New Guy

Its not a problem of realism at the MD. Seeing people i've killed only 10 minutes before shooting at me again just makes shit un enjoyable. Fights that dont make sense and you have to worry about running down out into the open and doing a /me and /do to kill someone just so they dont get taken to md and come to kill to you. Having the timer longer will not prevent people to returning to fights, and people will STILL carry on with the same mentality of "oh I can just come back anyway so let me just push these kids like rambo" and you get the point.

8. Shayan

Shayan Meh Guy Supporter

It seems like the only issue that's truly bothering you is what I quoted. That is considered non RP, like it or not. Report the people who do it

9. MauckTrial

MauckTrial New Guy Supporter

Seen you do it though... :emoji_sweat_smile:

Didn't save the footage but I remember you specifically screaming at Isabella to "Just take me inside" after a major fight at Mirror Park.

Bullet likes this.
  10. Shayan

Shayan Meh Guy Supporter

I assume we're talking about the same scenario. Smallboy was in the open and after putting him inside of the ambulance and moving him to Central MD, I RPly treated him symptoms there before receiving him. This is the fight where two of you combat logged, I presume.

11. MauckTrial

I have never combat logged..so no he was sitting on the floor of the med bay and was just brought there along with 2 other PD

12. Smallboy

Smallboy This Guy Supporter

Again, not for this thread as this isn't PD vs Crim this is a rule suggestion but again, you're lying to try to fuel your own side and opinion which is just embarrassing lol. If you have proof, please submit it, if not, you're irrelevant.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. MauckTrial

:emoji_cry::emoji_cry::emoji_cry::emoji_cry::emoji_cry::emoji_cry::emoji_cry::emoji_cry:

14. oven

oven New Guy

Anyway what do you think about the suggestion what was the negatives?

15. Nivaurum

Nivaurum This Guy

The negative is that it would prevent a character who has fully recovered, and did not "die", from going to the scene. There's no reason to impose this restriction on a character.

You will argue, "I just shot him full of holes." I will reply that the hospital apparently has powerful medicine, because they can stitch you up and make you whole again in 5 minutes. You will argue that's not immersive. I will agree.

Maybe that's the suggestion you should put in... that recovery in 5 minutes isn't immersive. A change to the NLR is not going to fix that.

Shayan likes this.
  16. oven

oven New Guy

The question was at a person who plays this side of the server and not someone whos had 0 experience and is just commenting for the sake of commenting

17. bachirkashir

bachirkashir Recorded, Reported, Deported Supporter

I feel like if you get into a gunfight, you get wounded (minor injury) It could be realistic for you to return back to the same gunfight after recovering, not when you sustain major injuries tho. So maybe a better way to handle this would be to not implement this rule directly, but just give EMT's the option to choose how long someone has to recover for depending on the injury? ( Just like how you can choose how long someone goes to jail for depending on their offences.) Let's say if you drag someone into dropoff a little window pops up that lets you choose from three options:
    - Minor injury (the current recovery time)
    -Regular injury (the current recovery time X1.5)
    -Major injury (the current recovery time X2.5)

This could possibly prevent people from getting very badly hurt and then returning back to the gunfight after recovery since it would take them way longer to recover. And it would allow people with minor injuries to return to the fight (only in specific scenarios if it could be RPed realisticaly) I feel like there should still be some kind of a rule added instead of just failRP/immersion.

LMK what yall think

Kay likes this.
  18. MauckTrial

Good unless the MD is your friend and they just throw you in quick for lowest time

19. bachirkashir

bachirkashir Recorded, Reported, Deported Supporter

That logic could be used for PD aswell, idk how to prevent that from happening. If someone RPs having major injuries and they throw him in there for minor time. That would classify as OOC corruption i suppose?

20. Nivaurum

Nivaurum This Guy

Recovery time could be based on how injured you are. Then there's no OOC component. That would also leave open the possibility for later changes, such as more or faster recovery based on the experience of the EMT / doctor.

If recovery took 1 minute per 2 points of health, it would take 50 minutes to recover. Shootouts would likely be over by then, and that gives a lot of time for MD RP.

You could even have 1 minute per 5 points of health, which would take 20 minutes... probably long enough for a situation to be resolved.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice