1. Posting Suggestions and Responses

Hello Guest, please read and follow the below instructions:
    • When posting a suggestion, make sure it is not a previously posted suggestion.
    • Make your best effort to respond to suggestions in an understandable and reasonable manner.
    • Everyone disagrees, just be respectful.
    • Do not complain if your suggestion is denied by the Administration, or voted away by the community.
    • This section is used for community feedback, Mafia City Roleplay makes no garuntees that a feature will be added.
    • Mafia City Roleplay reserves the right to prohibit posting in this section at any time, for any reason.
    Please understand that all suggestions may not receive a response until release.
    Dismiss Notice

Prison Additions!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Azulya, Feb 13, 2020.

?

Do you support this suggestion?

This poll will close on Jun 12, 2020 at 6:27 PM.
  1. Yes

96.0%
  2. No

4.0%
  1. Azulya

Azulya New Guy
    Supporter

Suggestion Title:
    Prison Additions!

Suggestion Category:
    Roleplay Server

Suggestion Sub-Category:
    Prison, Script Jobs, Activities

Suggestion:
    In the prison we have a lot of awesome rooms that are rarely used.

I think that if prison life was more invigorating, it would overall help the entire community. People wouldn't be as afraid to go to prison because they think of it as such a huge waste of time. I was thinking that prisoners can have the option to do jobs around the prison, as well as eat at the cafeteria. These jobs will give a small amount of money that the prisoners can take with them when their sentence is up, or they can use that money at payphones inside of the prison.

I am wanting to implement mandatory prison schedules that include work time, telephone time, visiting times, roll call, etc. But I think that actually having places where prisoners can work and use telephones, would make the schedules even better.

Some of the jobs that I think would be awesome are: Cleaning Inmate Clothing, Washing Meal Trays, Meal Prepping, and Cleaning Showers. Each job can be done once every hour (OOC Time). I am thinking that each job would make the same amount of money at 95$ Per Job. (Each job would probably take 15 minutes/therefore 4 jobs can be done per hour)

With those numbers, at a two hour sentence, you can make 750 Dollars. If an inmate was to work all the jobs for every hour at a max sentence (15 hours), they would be able to leave prison with 5,700$.

While initially, that may seem like a lot of money, a DOC Guard being on duty for 15 hours would make over $30,000. So when comparing numbers, I think 95$ per job is reasonable (especially considering the entire economy).

The money could either go into their pockets or into their bank (giving them money cash would be good, but could be stolen by other inmates)

I have attached some photos below of what the job areas would look like!
    Laundry Job:
    [​IMG]

Shower Cleaning:
    [​IMG]

Meal Prep:
    [​IMG]

Tray Cleaning:
    [​IMG]

Likewise I think that the following additions would be amazing. Having payphones inside of the prison would be great for telephone times, having an actual prison outfit would help boost prison rp and immersion. As a DOC guard I am often found holding onto a lot of items that are taken from inmates, and so a place where we can store them would be wonderful. May DOC guards are asked to run out to buy food for inmates, and so I think adding a place where inmates can buy their own food would be a nice addition.

Lastly, I think that because of how big the new prison is, at times there is no way for people in the front lobby to make themselves known, I think adding a blip that notifies DOC officers of someone in the lobby would be helpful:

Ring for a DOC Officer Blip:
    [​IMG]
    Payphones for Telephone Time, where inmates can make calls (this would have to be supervised and/or in a locked room):
    [​IMG]

A blip where inmates can pay for food/water in the cafeteria using money earned from jobs:
    [​IMG]

Small Bins where DOC Guards can put items like bags, shoes, fishing rods, that were confiscated from inmates that can be returned after sentences:
    [​IMG]

A blip where prisoners can change into a prison outfit consisting of orange bottoms and a white tank top:
    [​IMG]

Overall, I think there is a lot of cool things that can be done to boost prison rp, and I hope that some of these are integrated!

Let me know what you think - also excuse my crappy photoshop skills.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Azulya, Feb 13, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  2. Tokzul

Tokzul Member of Staff
    Senior Moderator Founding Supp. Supporter

I love this idea, thanks for taking the time to post it!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Azulya likes this.
  3. Jimmy_The_Newb

Jimmy_The_Newb New Guy
    Supporter

If we make prison interesting people would be less likely to shoot and kill cops cause it won’t feel like a ban.

Imagine gang leaders calling in hits from the pay phone.

Azulya likes this.
  4. Azulya

Azulya New Guy
    Supporter

Yes, my thoughts exactly. If stuff can still be done while you're in prison, it wouldnt feel like its life or death...

also with the payphone they would definitely be monitored calls LOL

5. Winters

Winters Tester
    Tester Founding Supp. Supporter

really good suggestions here, i know some can already be added like the cafeteria its just that scriptly it would need its markup changed <3

#5 Winters, Feb 13, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    Azulya likes this.
  6. Samo

Samo New Guy
    Founding Supp. Supporter

I vote yes, great post!

7. Azrael Kekoa (DASU)

Founding Supp. Supporter

Love this Ms Havoc..... great ideas

8. icecoldviper

icecoldviper Newer Guy

I like the idea but instead of money I would rather see time taken off their sentence.

9. Azrael Kekoa (DASU)

Founding Supp. Supporter

Posted to Andy's Post..

10. Azulya

Azulya New Guy
    Supporter

Don't agree with this, simply because we are trying to improve prison rp, not give people a reason/a way to get out of it.

11. Xenon

Xenon Meh Guy
    Hype Team Founding Supp. Supporter

This is a brilliant idea! plus reduction of fines would also be great ;)

12. Azulya

Azulya New Guy
    Supporter

If people can opt to put their prison earned money towards fines, that could be nice!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice