1. Posting Suggestions and Responses

Hello Guest, please read and follow the below instructions:
    • When posting a suggestion, make sure it is not a previously posted suggestion.
    • Make your best effort to respond to suggestions in an understandable and reasonable manner.
    • Everyone disagrees, just be respectful.
    • Do not complain if your suggestion is denied by the Administration, or voted away by the community.
    • This section is used for community feedback, Mafia City Roleplay makes no garuntees that a feature will be added.
    • Mafia City Roleplay reserves the right to prohibit posting in this section at any time, for any reason.
    Please understand that all suggestions may not receive a response until release.
    Dismiss Notice

Prison Time Changes (Save the quality of this server)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Steve, Feb 13, 2020.

?

Do you support this suggestion?

This poll will close on Jun 12, 2020 at 7:29 PM.
  1. Yes

73.7%
  2. No

26.3%
  1. Steve

Steve New Guy
    Hype Team

Suggestion Title:
    Prison Time Changes (Save the quality of this server)

Suggestion Category:
    Roleplay Server

Suggestion Sub-Category:
    Groups

Suggestion:
    I think and I believe a lot of people will agree with me that this server has almost become a cops and robbers shoot em up. And it's really annoying having to hear the PD complain about the massive gangs they cannot defeat so then there are some stupid rules put in place to favor PD. I dont favor anyone. I just want the server to be realistic and immersive. Currently every gang member in the city is the teflon don. I know of several character with more than 10 counts of murder still happily walking the streets. I have a very simple solution to this. Make jail times longer. And not by a little but by at least 10x. If someone commits murder and gets caught 10 times their character should be in prison for close to an irl year. And many people will argue this too harsh for criminals they want to roleplay. I have a simple solution. Dont get caught. This will greatly enhance the rp because of the actual risk the criminals have to take onto account. They wouldn't want to roll up to the PD and just start killing them all because in the off chance they get caught their lives can be over. Criminals can still kill cops and stuff, they just have to be smart with it, not absolute morons with no accountability. There ya go there's my suggestion. Introduce this and watch the immersion and quality of rp increase greatly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Alis, Bobby Joesph and Bullet like this.
  2. Wanheda

Wanheda Newer Guy
    Supporter

I definitely don't agree with making the prison sentences longer with the current state of the prison even though I see why you would want this.
    Personally, I would prefer something like a CK-system for criminals or whatever to be CK'd when hitting a specific amount of jail time (a very high amount with multiple offenses for sure though!) or offer them permanent prison time instead which could be admin approved.
    I do agree that it is extremely immersion breaking to see crime focused characters running around freely, completely unaffected by their actions and not being smart at all.

Not voting on it as I'm 50/50 on this overall.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Bullet and Dingus like this.
  3. Steve

Steve New Guy
    Hype Team

Also just want to add that this would help many people start valuing their life. I dont have a solution for the PD who dont value their life. But this will handle the criminal side.

4. Frank

Frank Content Developer
    Developer Senior Moderator Supporter

I disagree with a CK-ish system however I would suggest something that could potentially work with a well redesigned DOJ in form of court cases without the maximum sentence for heavier criminals, and allow them to fight their charges and get some good Court RP going at the same time.

Bullet and Steve like this.
  5. RvGhost

RvGhost Savage
    Founding Supp. Supporter

This will just drive a good majority of criminal rpers away. It sounds good on paper but I only see this dropping the player count to hardly playable levels.

6. Jokigo

Jokigo Alright Guy
    Hype Team Founding Supp. Supporter

I absolutely love this idea, I have been watching a lot of PD youtube things lately to improve myself on the force RPLY and when I see how smart some of these criminals are not to get caught as they don't want to go to jail is amazing. Then I look at the criminals on the server and think omg they are dumb (not all) but most. You, criminals, need to understand this is an RP server you want to be Smart "YOU DONT WANT TO GET CAUGHT" don't start a bloody pursuit cuz you have 2 weed in your car like the fuck. You want to have a good RP experience the criminals need to act like criminals, not like GTA Online OH A COP SHOOT SHOOT... it's ridiculous. Once the prison has more things to do as the staff have stated MULTIPLE times, their won't be a limit on prison and I LOVE THIS idea it means criminals will be smart with what they do and BE REAL CRIMINALS, and gang life can strive. 100% once the prison is more interactive for criminals this would be great.

Smart Criminals
    Proper PD
    REAL RP for everyone INCLUDING CIVILIAN RP

OH, THE DREAM IS SO CLOSE YET SO FAR!!!

Alis likes this.
  7. Bullet

Bullet Meh Guy
    Founding Supp. Supporter

Confucius say If you only look with you eye, you not see whole picture.

8. Nightranger

Nightranger Alright Guy

I've suggested a court system countless times... It gets washed away - It would improve RP 200% between cops and crims

9. Antonio "Desmond" Hyun

Problem is if you make it longer even though it will be realistic you can make people quit the server because the sentence is too long

10. Steve

Steve New Guy
    Hype Team

It will only drop the player count of dumb criminals. I know there are players in the server with 15+ kill count and have a perfectly clean record. It will greatly improve the quality of rp. Yea dumb criminals that get caught will leave or it will force them to commit crimes more intelligently and make the server much more realistic.

Jimmy_The_Newb and Jokigo like this.
  11. Steve

Steve New Guy
    Hype Team

It will only drop the player count of dumb criminals. I know there are players in the server with 15+ kill count and have a perfectly clean record. It will greatly improve the quality of rp. Yea dumb criminals that get caught will leave or it will force them to commit crimes more intelligently and make the server much more realistic.

12. Bullet

Bullet Meh Guy
    Founding Supp. Supporter

Could also not put criminals in jail right away. Grant bail for some criminals where a court date can be setup in the near future. Allowing the city and the defendant to gather evidence and present their case. Then they are arrested and forced to serve jail time or found innocent, or w/e. It'd be nice to see actual evidence instead of /do would see criminal on dash camera (this happens because people don't want to get the video together and show it, in my opinion)

This allows bail jumping and bail bondsmen (maybe?) Perhaps bail = 75% or 50% of the total fines. Refundable based on court outcomes. Add on court costs (nothing major, but something).

Traffic stop for speeding leads to a subsequent search where an unregistered firearm was found in the person's car. Perp arressted and charged. Someone determines if bail is applicable for the perp. A court date is set for two weeks IRL, bail paid, perp released on own recognizance. They show up to court, present their evidence of a properly installed vehicle safe. Charges dropped. Or perp skips court, warrant put out and found guilty on weapons charge.

Steve, Jimmy_The_Newb, opsrel and 2 others like this.
  13. opsrel

opsrel Newer Guy

Yep, if you want to make jail time longer, a DOJ system needs to be implemented first.
    A court trial RP would definitely make it more realistic if you are to be punished of longer prison time.

Bullet likes this.
  14. Alis

Alis New Guy
    Supporter

Problem with writing it off with a CK is people are just going to make another character exactly the same and just do the same thing, it doesn't solve the problem.

15. Jimmy_The_Newb

Jimmy_The_Newb New Guy
    Supporter

I love this idea.

Think of so many facets to this:

You have a system for people to RP the court system. You have a way for people to earn legit money as Bail Bondsmen. It gives criminals a real chance to RP the whole system as opposed to "You plead not guilty and no lawyer is available, you go to jail. SORRY!"

Then it gives the PD a chance to put together a high risk warrant squad that works the streets and tries to capture the bail jumpers and such.

16. Antonio "Desmond" Hyun

I mean to some degree i agree but it might make people leave the server just saying

17. Azulya

Azulya New Guy
    Supporter

As a DOC member AND a crim, I agree with longer sentences, ONLY IF DOC gets changes. Right now its an empty jail, both player wise and activity wise. I think once DOC gets more roleplay factors like what I suggested, longer sentences can be implemented.

Someone I put away for example, on attempted murder, got 2 hours, which I think is far too little. But that being said, 2 hours in a cell with nothing to do is torture. Give DOC more stuff for prisoners to do, and THEN increase sentencing.

Here is the link to my suggestion on activities in prison!
    https://mafiacity-rp.com/forums/index.php?threads/prison-additions.7252/

18. Steve

Steve New Guy
    Hype Team

I mean people are going to leave the server whenever a big change happens, we just need to do things that benefit a high quality, immersive environment.

19. Steve

Steve New Guy
    Hype Team

Most players tend to afk the two hours so it's not that bad.

20. Azulya

Azulya New Guy
    Supporter

I know, thats what im saying! 2 hours is nothing on a rp server, and for attempted murder? yikes

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice