• Quick Announcement
    New Forum Section: Creative Content

Hello Guest!

We've recently added a new forum section called Creative Content. You can post screenshots, video, gifs, and more in this section if you'd like! Graphic design, video showcases, twitch highlights and anything to showcase your creativity! Please feel free to check it out.

https://mafiacity-rp.com/forums/index.php?forums/creative-content.153/
  • Good day Guest!

You may have noticed you are no longer able to access the Mafia City Roleplay Discord due to a recent security issue.

You can rejoin using our Discord Invite link: https://discord.gg/fHNb6nw

Rahul's rule suggestion for Immersion/Metagaming - CFZ/CSZ Zone Parking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rahul

Xero to hero!
Supporter
Reaction score
Rule Name:
Immersion/Metagaming - CFZ/CSZ Zone Parking​

Is this a rule addition, change, or removal:
Rule Change​

Suggested Rule Text:
The existence of CFZ/CSZ around government buildings is and should remain out-of-character knowledge. Storing or parking a vehicle long-term at a CFZ or CSZ for an out-of-character reason, including for the purpose of keeping the vehicle safe solely due to the existence of the CFZ/CSZ, is considered metagaming and is strictly prohibited.​

What are the benefits of this rule:
Vehicle streaming issues would be greatly reduced. MD would no longer see invisible patients popping up in the medbay.​

What are the negatives of this rule change, addition, or removal:
None, People who park their coke producing RV's would be quite mad though.​

I confirmed that I have properly thought about this rule amendment. I also confirm that I've discussed this rule amendment with others. I also confirm I've checked the suggestion section before previously posting this rule suggestion and understand that I will receive a warning for posting a duplicate suggestion.
Yes​

Reactions: ratou11 and freddi

John

Tester
Tester
Reaction score
Website
Serek-mcrp.com
While I definitely understand your point, I wonder how we would prove that the player wasn't simply parking there because that's where the social spot is and they just wanted to log off after chilling with other people.

Reactions: Jake01

Whibles

New Guy
Supporter
Reaction score
I Agree with this entirely. So many people park there cars and don't give a fuck about anything at MD. They could at least park more realistically and not use MD for there own personal parking. And if there is more cars at MD than needs to be it causes MAJOR lag issues and huge delays for MD and MD personnel.

Reactions: Rahul

Thanos

Thanos Was Right
Helper
Reaction score
I see this from MD and Criminal side, I have had so many times where I don't see people I need to treat. Or vehicles that I need to get someone out of. I also see it from the criminal side, if I had been in a chase, this random vehicle destroyed my car because it appeared out of nowhere as we were both driving. Or a criminal was talking to someone on radio, and the cop was talking to him and could have taken him out because he was near MD and did not see it and the whole storyline would have been over. So this sounds good, can we get people to stop parking at MD.

Reactions: Rahul

Nivaurum

I post a lot
Reaction score
It seems like we need one or more other designated CFZ/CSZ areas that exist specifically for socializing, and it would help if they had dedicated parking in a separate dimension.

Part of the issue here is that there are few places for people to actually feel safe in the city. The whole time I've been here, large groups have gravitated toward the "safe" areas, presumably because they want to be safe and just hang out for a bit.

John

Tester
Tester
Reaction score
Website
Serek-mcrp.com
@Rahul

While I appreciate this suggestion, we wouldn't be able to call it meta. I already ICly know what areas have far less crime than others. I know my vehicle is very safe at PD/MD rather than even at my house. It's in character knowledge the patterns of criminals so we would be unable to enforce this as a rule.

For now I suggest this be handled on an In Character basis as much as possible. However, staff have been known to fix the issue by killing vehicles to mors when there are just too many.

Thank you for your suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.