• Quick Announcement
    New Forum Section: Creative Content

Hello Guest!

We've recently added a new forum section called Creative Content. You can post screenshots, video, gifs, and more in this section if you'd like! Graphic design, video showcases, twitch highlights and anything to showcase your creativity! Please feel free to check it out.

https://mafiacity-rp.com/forums/index.php?forums/creative-content.153/
  • Good day Guest!

You may have noticed you are no longer able to access the Mafia City Roleplay Discord due to a recent security issue.

You can rejoin using our Discord Invite link: https://discord.gg/fHNb6nw

Rebinding local & radio hot keys

Joshua

Founder
Lead Admin
Reaction score
I wanted to use my mouse 4 & 5 for local & radio, so I decided to create a small AutoHotKey Script. Here are the steps:
  1. Download AutoHotKey
  2. Create a hotkey.ahk file
    You will have to change the XButton2 and XButton1 to change the keys you would like to trigger local & radio. View AHK's Key map here.
  3. Place the code in the file
  4. Run it (this will run it as administrator - it's required)
Code:
#SingleInstance Force
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%
if not A_IsAdmin
	Run *RunAs "%A_ScriptFullPath%" ; (A_AhkPath is usually optional if the script has the .ahk extension.) You would typically check  first.

XButton2::n

XButton1::m

LeroyS

Newer Guy
Reaction score
Or just download Xbuttonmousecontrol and let it do everything you want.

Joshua

Founder
Lead Admin
Reaction score
Or just download Xbuttonmousecontrol and let it do everything you want.
Certainly an option. I use AHK for a bunch of things so it was useful.

JoeSlice

Dwayne Elizondo "Mountain Dew" Herbert Camacho
Reaction score

Derek Shelby

Newer Guy
Reaction score
Hello Joshua, Do you have any more scripts you could please share? I am looking for ones that can help with a smooth animation use. For instance, if I wanted to point at something without hitting "o" then select "point", Is there a way to bind just "Point" to numpad 6 ?

Thank you so much for that first script, it was killing me hitting "n" to talk.

Reactions: Constantine

Ricky

Tester
Tester
Reaction score
I've never done anything like this on my computer and it was really cool. Thanks for the tip.

Constantine

Newer Guy
Reaction score
Hello Joshua, Do you have any more scripts you could please share? I am looking for ones that can help with a smooth animation use. For instance, if I wanted to point at something without hitting "o" then select "point", Is there a way to bind just "Point" to numpad 6 ?

I agree and am also looking for something like this, if anyone has one available! I use a combination of an Xbox Controller and keyboard at the moment. If anyone has a neat Xbox Controller bind tool and key setup they can share, I'd appreciate that as well!

Joshua

Founder
Lead Admin
Reaction score

This is actually a donator feature - you can bind animations to CTRL I enjoy this idea-0 IIRC.