1. Posting Suggestions and Responses

Hello Guest, please read and follow the below instructions:
    • When posting a suggestion, make sure it is not a previously posted suggestion.
    • Make your best effort to respond to suggestions in an understandable and reasonable manner.
    • Everyone disagrees, just be respectful.
    • Do not complain if your suggestion is denied by the Administration, or voted away by the community.
    • This section is used for community feedback, Mafia City Roleplay makes no garuntees that a feature will be added.
    • Mafia City Roleplay reserves the right to prohibit posting in this section at any time, for any reason.
    Please understand that all suggestions may not receive a response until release.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Quick Announcement
    New Forum Section: Creative Content

Hello Guest!

We've recently added a new forum section called Creative Content. You can post screenshots, video, gifs, and more in this section if you'd like! Graphic design, video showcases, twitch highlights and anything to showcase your creativity! Please feel free to check it out.

https://mafiacity-rp.com/forums/index.php?forums/creative-content.153/
    Dismiss Notice

Recreational Drug Use

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by Nivaurum, Aug 1, 2020 at 7:10 PM.

?

Do you support this suggestion?

This poll will close on Nov 29, 2020 at 6:10 PM.
  1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Nivaurum

Nivaurum The Guy

Suggestion Title:
    Recreational Drug Use

Suggestion Category:
    Roleplay Server

Suggestion Sub-Category:
    Criminal Opportunities

Suggestion:
    IRL, a lot of people use / abuse drugs for recreational purposes. They don't do it because it heals them, or increases their tolerance to injury / pain. They just do it because they consider it fun. They especially do it with other people, because they consider it even more fun to do it as a group.

There's no way to represent this IC, except through RP, and that comes with considerable risk. The consequence is that characters largely don't do drugs, except in situations (combat) where the mechanical benefits of the drugs come into play.

In order to simulate the euphoria of taking drugs, I suggest that characters earn money while they are high. The amount should start low (less than the street price of the drug), and increase when there are other people in the area using drugs; the more people, the higher the amount. There might be a few ways to script this, so I'll avoid any suggested mechanics for now.

In order to balance this, I think there would need to be a system in place for addiction / dependency, as well as overdosing.

I'm typically not a fan of introducing money in this way, but I can't think of another way to encourage casual drug use among player characters, and I think it's more important to do that latter.

BTW, I think this suggestion should apply to alcohol in addition to illegal drugs.

2. Asiantator

Asiantator Bruv Supporter

Would be nice to see any actual use for drugs as opposed to having giving an advantage. Maybe have drugs split into 2 separate categories. Recreational and useful.

3. secretoracle

secretoracle New Guy

As an alternative to giving the users money, maybe slow down the food/water timer. I know this is absolutely backwards but think of it like this, you have less worries when you're high. So, instead of using money as the incentive, you could make the food and water meter for the user fall far more slowly while they are high.

4. bachirkashir

bachirkashir Recorded, Reported, Deported Supporter

@Nivaurum Maybe instead of rewarding the player with money for using drugs (which is a fair attempt at encouraging recreational drug use,but doesn't make sense). We could introduce some kind of leveling system (would be a similar interface to the /profession one). You could build up drug resistance and level this by doing drugs recreationally, a possible reward for having a higher drug resistance level could be that armor obtained through cocaine and weed lasts longer? I would love to see a levelling system introduced for the scripted crim jobs aswell, that come with certain benefits. Maybe add certain rewards you get at certain level milestones, for example if you were to get level 100 cookingin cocaine or lvl 100 in growing weed, you get a big "tip" the next time you sell at one of the locations.This would reward people who put in the time and effort. Also regarding the recreational thing, maybe the more weed you smoke or coke you snort, the higher your "persuasion level would get and you get a small percentage bonus on your drug sales depending on your levels. Maybe coffee shops could be added into the game and you would get more XP if you did it there (to encourage people to actually RP and not just spam right click weed/coke to get a high lvl). This would add more businesses to the city and give people who want to own a business a chance to get their hands on one.This is just a random idea I had so it's not perfect but I could see a system like this working on the server. Ofcourse it would have to be added in scriptwise and it would probably take a long time to be added in (understandably)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice