• Posting Suggestions and Responses

Hello Guest, please read and follow the below instructions:
    • When posting a suggestion, make sure it is not a previously posted suggestion.
    • Make your best effort to respond to suggestions in an understandable and reasonable manner.
    • Everyone disagrees, just be respectful.
    • Do not complain if your suggestion is denied by the Administration, or voted away by the community.
    • This section is used for community feedback, Mafia City Roleplay makes no garuntees that a feature will be added.
    • Mafia City Roleplay reserves the right to prohibit posting in this section at any time, for any reason.
    Please understand that all suggestions may not receive a response until release.
  • Quick Announcement
    New Forum Section: Creative Content

Hello Guest!

We've recently added a new forum section called Creative Content. You can post screenshots, video, gifs, and more in this section if you'd like! Graphic design, video showcases, twitch highlights and anything to showcase your creativity! Please feel free to check it out.

https://mafiacity-rp.com/forums/index.php?forums/creative-content.153/

Releasing prisoners on parole

Do you support this suggestion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Balcas

Meh Guy
Supporter
Reaction score
[TAB]Suggestion Title:
Releasing prisoners on parole [/TAB]

[TAB]Suggestion Category:
Roleplay Server[/TAB]

[TAB]Suggestion Sub-Category:
DOC and Server Script [/TAB]

[TAB]Suggestion:
It would be nice to have ability to decrease prison sentence for model behavior. We get a lot of people who are really nice and actually model prisoners. It would be nice to half there time for proper behavior.
Because some of them are serving 7 hours and never done anything shady in DOC. Ability to reduce their time in prison should be exclusive to all High command in DOC [/TAB]

Kay

Gae
Supporter
Reaction score
I feel like we shouldn't need a suggestion for this, this would add great RP for DOC (parole board, interview, etc.)

Balcas

Meh Guy
Supporter
Reaction score
That would allow us to also have Community service or something without people risking to escape. Because it would make it more fun for people who have longer jail time.

Archer

Savage
Reaction score
I always approve things that promote RP. Good idea I enjoy this idea

Mdarude

New Guy
Reaction score
Would be good to do this

Smallboy

This Guy
Reaction score
As a cop, strangely enough, I actually support this idea.

I think it would be a good idea if we could see people being 'released on parole' where if they're caught doing anything law-breaking or doing something they shouldn't, they're thrown straight back in - parole removed and having to serve the rest of their sentence + whatever else they got arrested for.

I support this. Great idea.

Balcas

Meh Guy
Supporter
Reaction score
Well with that. If a person leaves on Parole we could have a system implemented that they would have trackers on them till their time is finished and whatnot. Random checks and whatnot :)

Reactions: Azrael Kekoa (DASU)

John

The Thee Guy
Reaction score
Website
Serek-mcrp.com
Voting no. Criminals already have it easy. Not gonna want to make the consequences even more lax for them. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. Jail time is to deter the person from committing the act. If they shoot a cop and then are a model prisoner and get released that would be a big slap in the face for the victim. We need real consequences since criminals get out of jail and just do it all over again. They don't think about the end result. As for tracking and random checks, Jail times are too short to make that a worthwile thing for pd to handle. We have actual shit to do. If there isn't an active situation, we need to be out there RPing with civilians doing regular police work.

Azrael Kekoa (DASU)

Leave Of Absence
Supporter
Reaction score
Voting no. Criminals already have it easy. Not gonna want to make the consequences even more lax for them. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. Jail time is to deter the person from committing the act. If they shoot a cop and then are a model prisoner and get released that would be a big slap in the face for the victim. We need real consequences since criminals get out of jail and just do it all over again. They don't think about the end result. As for tracking and random checks, Jail times are too short to make that a worthwile thing for pd to handle. We have actual shit to do. If there isn't an active situation, we need to be out there RPing with civilians doing regular police work.
I agree John.... to a point, If someone has committed violent crime or is a repeat offender then this should come into play in the decision to give them parole... For instance you have Joe Savage (Sorry Joe) if he is a model prisoner it would have far less weight then someone who is a first time offender.

But I believe the point is to reward good RP.... we all know who the criminals are... but they are playing a part, they are not actually criminals. (Well most of them are not actually criminals, I am sure there are a FEW) Immersion is key and good RP should be rewarded.

Reactions: Balcas

Smallboy

This Guy
Reaction score
I feel it should depend on a multitude of variants, for example;
  • Repeat (violent) offender? Not allowed
  • Specific crimes mean no parole (I.e, Murder, Rape, terrorist acts etc)
  • Discretion of the DOC guards depending on the persons ability to roleplay efficiently
  • Have to go through a process of interviews, appeals etc
  • Have to be serving a minimum sentence (Ex. 200 mins +)

I think if there could be an IC way of sorting, planning and determining what's appropriate this could work. A tracking system would be nice and would benefit the government here. It would also allow for more roleplay on the streets as criminals won't be serving as much time behind bars.
I would propose, however, if this was to be approved and got accepted I would recommend removing the max for 'max time' and allowing a max time.

If the individual can get out on parole what's the difference between max time?

As well as this, I would be okay with it if there was again more IC restrictions, for example;
  • End of the parole you must return to DOC to 'return the tracking device, sign out'
  • Constant check-ins with DOC, returning every say hour to 'sign the log'.
Even as a cop I will always support and reward good roleplay and I find this suggestion could benefit the server with more immersive roleplay.

Reactions: Cat and Balcas

Asiantator

Bruv
Reaction score
As it stands this system makes no sense. With the glaring lack of security at DoC most prisoners are back out in 15 minutes anyways. However in the future would be nice to integrate it with a justice system

Balcas

Meh Guy
Supporter
Reaction score
As it stands this system makes no sense. With the glaring lack of security at DoC most prisoners are back out in 15 minutes anyways. However in the future would be nice to integrate it with a justice system
Lack of security alrite bruh. You do realise half of them fall out of DOC because of a bug and tend to not return its like a constant witchhunt

Asiantator

Bruv
Reaction score
Lack of security alrite bruh. You do realise half of them fall out of DOC because of a bug and tend to not return its like a constant witchhunt
Lack of security in a physical security sense. I E broken areas of the prison. Not shit DoC guards, but hey, if the shoe fits...