• Posting Suggestions and Responses

Hello Guest, please read and follow the below instructions:
    • When posting a suggestion, make sure it is not a previously posted suggestion.
    • Make your best effort to respond to suggestions in an understandable and reasonable manner.
    • Everyone disagrees, just be respectful.
    • Do not complain if your suggestion is denied by the Administration, or voted away by the community.
    • This section is used for community feedback, Mafia City Roleplay makes no garuntees that a feature will be added.
    • Mafia City Roleplay reserves the right to prohibit posting in this section at any time, for any reason.
    Please understand that all suggestions may not receive a response until release.
  • Quick Announcement
    New Forum Section: Creative Content

Hello Guest!

We've recently added a new forum section called Creative Content. You can post screenshots, video, gifs, and more in this section if you'd like! Graphic design, video showcases, twitch highlights and anything to showcase your creativity! Please feel free to check it out.

https://mafiacity-rp.com/forums/index.php?forums/creative-content.153/

Remove drug tax system

Do you support this suggestion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StreetLgnd

This Guy
Reaction score
[TAB]Suggestion Title:
Remove drug tax system [/TAB]

[TAB]Suggestion Category:
Roleplay Server[/TAB]

[TAB]Suggestion Sub-Category:
Illegal activities [/TAB]

[TAB]Suggestion:
This isn't realistic.

If gangs are collecting taxes, they should be in the streets enforcing it.

I don't think this should be scripted. [/TAB]

Reactions: LOAFY911

Award1925

New Guy
Reaction score
There’s no there way to enforce a drug tax with people running round asking for it without it ending in some sort of gunfight.

StreetLgnd

This Guy
Reaction score
I mean.. That's how it works in the streets. If you don't have the numbers to back it up, don't try to tax someone. If you don't have a solid plan how to tax someone, then don't tax someone.

Just kind of doesn't make sense that you are selling drugs to a house, then that money gets put directly into a group bank account. Where is the RP in that?

Reactions: MrGranjo

Award1925

New Guy
Reaction score
I mean.. That's how it works in the streets. If you don't have the numbers to back it up, don't try to tax someone. If you don't have a solid plan how to tax someone, then don't tax someone.

Just kind of doesn't make sense that you are selling drugs to a house, then that money gets put directly into a group bank account. Where is the RP in that?
I has come to my attention by the last reply that you wish to use this to improve RP - "Where is the RP in that?"
I agree to a certain extent that there is no RP involved in getting the taxes from drug sale to bank however there is RP involved in gaining that turf which i is a fair system.

The way that you propose would lead to constant shootouts in drug areas, no-one is going to wait for 4 men running up to them with/without guns to run up to them to find out if they are the friendly neighborhood tax-men or are instead there the rob them. This new script stops this confusion and the constant DM that may take place.

StreetLgnd

This Guy
Reaction score
You tax people when you have control of a neighbourhood. If a large gang mainly sells drugs in a certain neighbourhood, they would push everyone else out of the neighbourhood. If someone wants to sell drugs in that neighbourhood, they need to work that out with the gang is constantly in that hood.

1 real question... How does it make any sense that technically 1 single person can tax a gang that has 20+ members, all based off knowing a location of a hidden circle.

StreetLgnd

This Guy
Reaction score
If want to make it more realistic, put a visible circle on a street corner. Still use the point system. Send a notification to the group whenever someone is trying to take over the location. Let them bang it out in the streets for the spot.

Edit: ok maybe not a visible circle because cops would see it. But at least make it on a street corner or something obvious and realistic.

Last edited:

Award1925

New Guy
Reaction score
If want to make it more realistic, put a visible circle on a street corner. Still use the point system. Send a notification to the group whenever someone is trying to take over the location. Let them bang it out in the streets for the spot.

Edit: ok maybe not a visible circle because cops would see it. But at least make it on a street corner or something obvious and realistic.
If one person can tax a gang of 20+ members then they must be taxing the crows because they are the only gang that can't take man out. Ask @Boris Ward

Boris Ward

New Guy
Reaction score
If one person can tax a gang of 20+ members then they must be taxing the crows because they are the only gang that can't take man out. Ask @Boris Ward
The man is not wrong. Crows have been chasing me for 2 weeks, not even come close

Tudor

Meh Guy
Reaction score
:)) someone is crying that they cannot hold a location? admin team is trying to get you out off the woods and you don’t like that?

Award1925

New Guy
Reaction score
:)) someone is crying that they cannot hold a location? admin team is trying to get you out off the woods and you don’t like that?
Who exactly is this directed at?

Tautvis

New Guy
Supporter
Reaction score
I dislike this idea one of the best updates, fight for the turf urself and tax people, more crim stuff is always nice.

Ben Biff

District Attorney
Supporter
Reaction score
I agree this system sounded cool when reading the logs but its unrealistic you wanna tax people you do that ic. As a gang you run an area you wanna control an area you make it known thats your area..... sorry but if im steaking out an area i dont need to rob you 10 times i plan my move.... im not gonna get into my rp but go watch some gangster movies this shit does not exist...
Step 1 find area
Step 2 gain control in the area/ make it known
Step 3 hold your ground (implement tax)
You do know right that not every scenario turns into a gun fight proposals and honour go a long way. But from what i read if im selling dope at a house down the street and a gang holding down one place i cant even sell at shit im laughing keep holding it down while i make money in your hood.

Reactions: StreetLgnd

Ben Biff

District Attorney
Supporter
Reaction score
I agree this system sounded cool when reading the logs but its unrealistic you wanna tax people you do that ic. As a gang you run an area you wanna control an area you make it known thats your area..... sorry but if im steaking out an area i dont need to rob you 10 times i plan my move.... im not gonna get into my rp but go watch some gangster movies this shit does not exist...
Step 1 find area
Step 2 gain control in the area/ make it known
Step 3 hold your ground (implement tax)
You do know right that not every scenario turns into a gun fight proposals and honour go a long way. But from what i read if im selling dope at a house down the street and a gang holding down one place i cant even sell at shit im laughing keep holding it down while i make money in your hood.
Only way this would make sense is 1 sell location
Or sure if the places your selling to get taxed but the person nickel and diming aint gettin no tax cut lol he prob getting taxed by his own gang or people who is it to just say were taxing you no rp

StreetLgnd

This Guy
Reaction score
If you want to tax people, you have to hold down the street so people cant sell there.

You dont take over a turf by hiding in a building while someone is selling drugs in your hood 100ft away.

^^ lol for real?

no offense meant towards @RvGhost and credit for his shared image. Unfortunately this how turf wars actually work. Shit needs to go. I think taking over turf would be way more fun with this gone. You cant even strategically hold your turf down like this. You are forced to have as many people you can stuck in a room. If not be ready to stay online for who knows how long with less people.

If someone is selling coke in your turf, you roll up and rob them and take their money and coke. Simple. No need for DM, no reason to even shoot your gun tbh if you are following server rules.

Last edited:

Shorty

Meh Guy
Reaction score
I love me some crim updates but to be completely honest, and this is from the standpoint of a fully crim char. I think the turfs will be a problem in the long run when the server grows. You are gonna have like 10 locations most of which is in town, just be a completely fucking war. I don't know if this is good for the server.

RPly it makes very little sense. As someone mentioned if you want to get known for holding something down, you get known by using force not staying 20 people in a building for X amount of time.

Ben Biff

District Attorney
Supporter
Reaction score
I love me some crim updates but to be completely honest, and this is from the standpoint of a fully crim char. I think the turfs will be a problem in the long run when the server grows. You are gonna have like 10 locations most of which is in town, just be a completely fucking war. I don't know if this is good for the server.

RPly it makes very little sense. As someone mentioned if you want to get known for holding something down, you get known by using force not staying 20 people in a building for X amount of time.
Hey lets all go meditate in a circle while everyone else is running the streets around us....goons at one end goons at the other end come to my ends see what happ ends ;):) pretty logical makes for good rp tbh.... i wouldnt know but would the every day seller even have an idea of who is he being taxed by?

itzryzo

New Guy
Reaction score
It provides a group criminal activity besides sitting in a factory or RV, before they were added no one was really at war. they just fought cop vs crim day in and day out. It has given reasons to fight and removing it will do nothing but hurt the server.
Gameplay over Realism, if you want pure realism go outside

Reactions: Archer

StreetLgnd

This Guy
Reaction score
It provides a group criminal activity besides sitting in a factory or RV, before they were added no one was really at war. they just fought cop vs crim day in and day out. It has given reasons to fight and removing it will do nothing but hurt the server.
Gameplay over Realism, if you want pure realism go outside
Maybe those people fighting cops should spend more of their time getting a hold of turf instead. If you don't want to sit in an RV all day, go Friggin take over some turf.

Kind of sad that people can't take initiative and go hold down a turf without script.

You are complaining about no gang shit going on, but noone is going out and taking turf. There is way more money and RP to be made if you take this madness out.

I don't know how anyone can say this script is providing more rp than going out as a gang and holding down a street.

If you are caught selling on our street, you either cough up tax money, or get robbed.

I can not understand why anyone would need a script to do this. You are killing RP with this.

Oh right, cuz people rather do breakouts and fuck with cops instead of taking over a block. It's madnesssssss