1. Quick Announcement
    New Forum Section: Creative Content

Hello Guest!

We've recently added a new forum section called Creative Content. You can post screenshots, video, gifs, and more in this section if you'd like! Graphic design, video showcases, twitch highlights and anything to showcase your creativity! Please feel free to check it out.

https://mafiacity-rp.com/forums/index.php?forums/creative-content.153/
    Dismiss Notice

shit police and community dont play

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by YungBrad2Turnt, May 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YungBrad2Turnt

YungBrad2Turnt Newer Guy

ALL THIS SERVER IS ABOUT IS EVERYONE BREAKING THE RULES AND NO ONE DOING ANYTHING ABOUT IT. THE POLICE WILL KILL YOU THEN WALK AWAY, THE STAFF WILL ASK FOR VIDEO PROOF AS IF IM SUPPOSED TO CARE ENOUGH TO TAKE A VIDEO EVERY SECOND OF THE TIME I PLAY.

2. Tjaybecks

Tjaybecks Tester
    Tester Supporter

Hiya mate

I'm sorry you feel this way about Mafia city, you must understand that with the big influx of players recently that the staff team is very busy so any reports need to have video evidence and a player complaint must be made.

My advice for recording is that you enable the nvidia instant reply feature so that way you are always able to capture an event.

silens likes this.
  3. edan

edan New Guy

To expand a bit, the instant replay feature allows you to replay a certain amount of time when you press a certain button. I have mine to a minute and a half when I press my hotkey. I'd encourage you to try it out.

4. Kay

Kay The Guy
    Supporter

Someone’s mad lol

5. PokGuyJai69

PokGuyJai69 Newer Guy

I honestly don't blame him for being this angry though ahah...

I feel your pain homie.

6. Nivaurum

Nivaurum Alright Guy

I feel his pain, but the people in here probably aren't the ones he should be directing his anger at. At any given time on the server, it's probably 10% or less of the players who are responsible for 99% of the grief.

7. PokGuyJai69

PokGuyJai69 Newer Guy

Was going to start a new post but I'll just post it here haha. LONG POST.

So...found out about this server about 3-4 days ago, had a lot of fun on the first night learning the ropes, but tonight may be one of my last nights in this server, depending on what happens... and I just got my wife to join the server too. Plus this whole unclear situation about FearRP... Disappointing.

I initially agreed to what OP said to a certain extent, but now I pretty much agree with OP fully. 80% of the "admins" and "police" (that I've encountered or witnessed) like to abuse their power/status, then ask for "proof" of it. Not all of us have beast PCs that can record and play at the same time, not to mention record every second that I'm playing..

Some of the things I've encountered..

I have witnessed police/security chasing people around at the pier and smacking anyone/everyone that was in range with a bat, and walking away because that wasn't the intended target. Simply "Sorry wrong person, you should move out of the way next time". Anybody else seen with any type of weapon gets an immediate arrest/swift bat to the face. Even if it is to defend ourselves from people running us over(without even swinging).

9 out of 10 police officers actually get really mad when I walk up to them and say "fuk da pohleece" ... 1 officer almost went OOC to "make fun" of me saying I have no life, do something useful with my life etc. infront of other officers. Very immature. Only 1 that I've encountered laughed it off and we had a good convo/rp.

Last night was also a terrible experience,

At the pier, 2 members of "DOJ" ignored other ACTUAL crimes happening around them just to report me to a police officer for saying to someone "Yo you should punch that police, fuk da pohleece(thought the DOJ guy was police lol)". Some guy actually went to punch an actual police officer that was there, but I was almost arrested for just saying anyone want to punch the police (the officer didn't see or hear me say it, but apparently the DOJs did, and they have "bodycams" so it's enough evidence to throw me in jail..(DOJ'S weren't even close enough to hear what I was saying....)
    The random dude that decided to punch the officer was not chased or even questioned. A group formed around me after because they witnessed the entire thing, and was baffled that the guy didn't even get questioned about punching the officer and I was. Then they started saying "I'll kill that officer for you if you pay me" (infront of the officer and the 2 DOJs) but they weren't arrested or even questioned for saying that? How does that make sense lol.

ABOUT 40 MINUTES LATER.

I watched as someone came to the Pier with a mo-ped and ran someone over, then proceeded to head towards me at full speed, and runs me over, twice. All while there were 2 "swat" members (one male and one female) with their ARs out, and nothing happened to him; not even a warning... So, 3-4 people were trying to follow the guy on the mo-ped since swat wouldn't do anything, and we started pulling our bats out to try to knock him off so he could get arrested. He continued to try to run everyone over while screaming "HI IM SORRY, HI IM SORRY HEHEHE, I DIDNT SEE U".
    The 2 swat members pointed their ARs at us with our bats, yelling and threatening us to put our bats away WHILE IGNORING the guy that was STILL running people over on the mo-ped. The swat guy just laughed and said "wow, I just..can't.." every time the guy ran someone over, and continued to watch as he ran people over, and ran away. Yelling at the rest of us in the process. In the end, he was "free to go" with barely even a warning. I had to pay for my med kits too...

A man ran me over twice, ran 2 other people over, and was "free to go" after "Swat" SAID he witnessed what happened and simply asked "why would you do that"... while I almost got arrested for saying "FUUK DA POHLEECE"..

I have so many stories, but this would become a book instead of this essay I've wrote.

TL;DR:
    Most officers here tend to abuse their status and are usually stuck up instead of trying to have fun.
    I feel most police officers and other "DOJs" need to re-considered, and moving forward, be very/more picky on who is chosen because it ultimately decides the fate/popularity of the server... I've been reading the forums and it seems like this is an ongoing problem since the begining. Nothing will probably change, and this server/community was fun while it lasted if I decide not to continue. cya

#7 PokGuyJai69, May 27, 2020
    Last edited: May 27, 2020
    CadaverTheGreat likes this.
  8. Nivaurum

Nivaurum Alright Guy

I can't help but wonder if my character is one of the cops mentioned above. I find it interesting to see the above perspective. I hope most don't share the sentiment. I'm going to give of bit of my perspective, and hopefully that will explain some of what you see.

First, the whole "fuk da PO-lice"-thing is a bit worn out. The way I typically seen it done is more of a taunt, and less of a passionate response to a bad interaction with a cop. There's a ton of people taunting the cops, in all kinds of ways. To be sure, any character that leads with that sort of attitude is not going to get the best reception from the cops. I'm not really put off by anybody getting some negative attention from the cops if they express that sort of sentiment. I think it's to be expected. That said, I'm not my character. I want you to have fun. But my character doesn't like people who say, "fuck the police". I hope you can understand the difference.

Next, anytime a cop goes to the pier, he can expect to get barraged by people saying some variation of, "Hey Officer, you need to do what I want." It's like you could be fighting off aliens from outer space, and somebody would be yelling, "Officer, help... come quick! I've got a boo-boo on my knee!" You quickly learn to filter out the noise, and focus on your task, or on the important things.

Also, all of the guys you see at the pier running around randomly attacking people, or running people over, are breaking the server's rules, and generally just griefing the entire community. I hate that it happens, but I can't stop it. Even if we try to chase them, the best end result in 99% of the cases is we catch them and they log out... no charges, no jail, and the very same requirement for us to report them as you... we need video evidence that we have to prepare and upload, and then file a complaint. As a baseline, I figure that each complaint takes an hour of my time... time that I would rather spend playing. And if I don't have it on video where they broke the rules, then the complaint gets rejected anyway.

Moving on, I spent at least an hour last night processing two guys that were selling a bit of weed at the pier. On the plus side, the RP was pretty good, and we got to finish everything, instead of people logging off. On the negative side, that's a long time for relatively minor charges. I bring this up to point out how long it takes for the police to actually process a criminal IG. While I was doing that, there was at least one other major incident that happened. The number of minor things that happen is just way beyond what the cops can handle.

To defend the staff / admins a bit, they have the same requirements when dealing with people who break the rules. If they see it with their own eyes, they can kick / ban the person. But if someone just reports it IG, they can't do anything about it. They will often observe for a bit, but they have the same problem about the number of issues versus the number of them. And they also have to deal with other issues, such as game bugs causing people to die or lose items.

Last thing, I can't count the number of times my cop character has been accidentally punched. I'm sure the other guy is immediately like, "Oh fuck! NO!!!", anticipating the approaching beat-down. I just let it slide. I know people accidentally hit the wrong key sometimes. And if it happens to me, it will happen to you too.

Not sure if any of this matters to you, but here it is. I hope it changes you opinion at least a bit.

9. Edward Keys

Edward Keys New Guy
    Supporter

If you dont record gameplay at all please stop what your doing and look into this. You dont need a beast PC or to record 24/7. It literally lets you save the last 5-15 minutes of gameplay

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. qcompson

qcompson New Guy

I enjoy this idea
    They say they are proud for not being pay-to-win community and they condemn mob mentality and all but don't it really let fool you. I've joined this server about a month ago and it looked pretty advanced in the first days.. Then i found out everything:
    1.Admins which are police members in-game can do anything.
    2. there is no specific detailed rules like one can be doing a dm but still would not get punished according to decider party admin mood etc i dont really know: i uploaded a video in complaint where anyone can clearly see i am being shotted while fishing by a masked man several times - admin said its not enough evidence for deathmatch.
    3. mob mentality in/between administration members
    4. i've just got banned for 28 days and i dont even know why.. oh im sure its because i was going with my car on the road which is supposed to be used for the cars and maybe i hit a player who was walking right in the middle of the road.. cuz i connected 20 minutes ago and literally nothing else happened since then so its a deathmatch and 28 days punishment while as i said someone was shooting me at pier was not enough evidence.(idk i think they terminated that post as the admin decision was total non-sense).
    5. so as a conclusion: they see its a chaos anyways in the server and they try to look legit and relevant with their decision still but cant go without breaking their own rules or having no rules at all.
    6. they think this is the reality and only thing we could enjoy with. i have a tons of other games i will go play those with my friends and after 28 days mightnt even come back.
    7.ofc this is their server they can do whatever they want and have whatever precedents they want but people planning to play here should know this is the worst one to stop ur choice.
    8.Its obvious that these all is reflected on the main meaning of this server and its quality/value. thats how its got 103 players online max during a day sometimes and thats how it will remain as secondary rpg server. sorry but this is true.

CadaverTheGreat likes this.
  11. PokGuyJai69

PokGuyJai69 Newer Guy

I guess it's understandable about the "fuk da pohleece" situation and it being negative, but you can't expect everyone to know it's "overplayed".. Also, you could just ignore it if it annoys you, or laugh it off like the one officer did, instead of immediately giving a negative response every time you hear it. I just joined the server lol. Never really heard anyone doing it. My characters initial mission was to go up to the police, if I see one, whenever I see one, and say it. Because, well..fuk da pohleece ;) ... There's also a difference between "fuk da pohhleeece" and "FUCK the POLICE." I hope you can understand the difference.

Of course officers are going to be bombarded with kids screaming at you, but that's why you are selected to be an officer, no? You should be able to filter out the non-important people/noises and be able to see and determine what is higher priority. I don't see it being too hard to just acknowledge anyone that seems they need emergency services and listen to first couple seconds while walking towards your destination and determine to continue talking to them/give them help or ignore them, and proceed to your "task" or "more important things" or try to help them help/advice while walking and telling them you're in the middle of something if it's not important.

Yes, there are many people running to the pier and breaking server rules and griefing the entire community. So, nothing is done about it unless there is video evidence? And most of the time, it's too much of a hassle to do the entire procedure, so eventually it just slides... You're telling me if I mask up and run everyone over at the pier and run and combat log, say every 2-5 hours, I'm never going to get caught. Unless there is an admin there at the scene. Hell, I might even start doing this now since I'm not going to get banned for it, or just let go with a warning, not even jail time.

If you read what happened, this wasn't a "oh no" accidental punch to the officer; it was obvious, and the cop knew. Still, I was the one pulled aside, questioned, and almost arrested instead of the man who actually punched him. He was on the side "recording"... Tell me how that makes sense? I'm pretty sure I was about to go to jail until he realized I was a new player, and let me go with a "warning"/warrant. If that was you, sorry but I'm a little disappointed in how you handled that situation...
    My other situation on the 2 swat members with the ARs out. Instead of yelling at the guy on the mo-ped, and tazing/shooting him, he's yelling at everyone ELSE with the bats out to put the bats away or we will be shot, all while the guy is still running people over with a mo-ped lol. I gave the benefit of the doubt for the past couple days...but I'm not sure anymore..

#11 PokGuyJai69, May 27, 2020
  12. Nivaurum

Nivaurum Alright Guy

I take some solace in knowing that the griefers will eventually get caught and banned... which is also why you shouldn't consider it. Sometimes I will make a complaint, and other times I won't. It just depends on my mood, and how much free time. I certainly submit enough complaints that the staff all know who I am.

We all need to be fair to the staff when it comes to players griefing. They can't catch everything, and they require a high level of proof for players making accusations against other players. The latter is a good thing, but the consequence is that we have to deal with the griefers a bit longer. That's better than getting an undeserved ban.

Concerning people on mopeds / motorcycles causing chaos, it's often difficult to do anything IC about that. The real cops wouldn't shoot into a crowd of people in hopes of hitting a guy on a moped, and the PD on MCRP can't do that either. The PD have very strict rules, above and beyond the server's rules, that apply on some level to both IC and OOC actions. If officers shoot a guy on a moped, they're probably going to be fired, and potentially have charges brought against them. It may be within the OOC rules of the server, but it's not within the IC laws of Los Santos.

13. PokGuyJai69

PokGuyJai69 Newer Guy

Well then exactly my point as to why there are complaints like OP, and see that things will never change, which will ultimately hinder the popularity and view of the server.

14. Kay

Kay The Guy
    Supporter

Report it to IA. It's the correct way to go instead of ranting on the forums, which isn't going to change anything.

Cat likes this.
  15. PokGuyJai69

PokGuyJai69 Newer Guy

lol, another prime example of no fucks given? Anytime anything happens -- "report it, ranting doesn't change anything" Did you even read anything replied in this thread?

Like stated above, that is such a long process and I did not record -- not like it would've really changed anything anyway as staff would defend other staff and it just slide aside. I'm not here trying to report something, I'm discussing what OP posted on this thread and our thoughts. I am here to rant.

#15 PokGuyJai69, May 27, 2020
  16. Kay

Kay The Guy
    Supporter

It’s an Internal Affairs complaint, which isn’t moderated by staff. You posting here legit makes no difference. I’m just being honest, if you want to change things, record the, and report them. The same way you can’t be arrested without evidence, we can’t discipline our officers without evidence. I’d highly suggest you post https://lspd.mafiacity-rp.com/viewforum.php?f=8 a complaint here, as these issue were IC. We’ve already kicked out 5 cops due to IA report, so they’re clearly not useless.

Cat likes this.
  17. qcompson

qcompson New Guy

no point, i had a video man shooting at me during a daylight at pier while fishing and admin said its not enough evidence for deathmatch or for anything to punish him. all you can do is lie to yourself with this official-looking tone and speaking style and to your 300 clients.. or much ever it is, 400 500 a month idk.. after a while you will see what kind of community/numbers you will get and maybe you will learn your lessons that admins should not really be gods in the server and that you can not build a high quality rp community with that mentality.me, already recommended my friends to start a real rp with that another server you know which i am talking about and me with people like me and their friends are the reason you got 217/450 right now and not 500, 1000 or more..
    Look? your server works your ways but the 'natural laws' works the other way.. thanks god!

18. Joshua

Joshua Lead Administration
    Lead Admin

Alright, I wanted to take a bit of time to address some of the complaints in this thread; overall I do apologize for the lack of response here, I've shifted my attention in other locations lately.

I want to hit all points, so I'm going to be spending a bit of time here, please give me time to break everything up.

I'm glad to hear that you were enjoying the server, however, I'm sad to see a situation has pushed you to this point. I'm hoping that I can provide some clarity to alleviate some concerns.

So, I can understand that it can be extremely frustrated to be asked for evidence, so if you would like, you can reach out to me in Direct Messages specifically regarding Staff Abuse. Typically, we do not allow reports specifically in direct messages, but if you could at least point me in the right direction and shine some light on legit staff abuse/corruption, I'll happily take it on. I do ask that we stick purely to facts and specifics of the situation, basically anything that can allow me to look through our logs to review the situation. Overall, make sure it's against our rules, or is behavior that you can commonly assume would not be permitted by a Staff Member. I'm specifically looking for examples of an administrator, staff member, or moderator alive abusing their power and/or status.

This is certainly a frustrating factor about the pier currently, and something we're (me) going to shift focus on fixing. As a new player the experience should be fairly enjoyable, allowing you to get used to the basics of the server before getting too involved in situations that you wouldn't typically get into when first in a server. Examples: Getting robbed, scammed, killed, etc. This is something we're directly looking to intervene upon.

As for the individuals at the pier; this is a player-created group and something we're going to be looking at more heavily. The past two weeks or so we've seen a large influx of new players, making people a bit more sketch to hang out at the pier and create vigilante groups. We're going to be focusing more staff attention towards this area and looking into different development items that can be implemented to make this location more new-user friendly, even if it is as simple as adding multiple fishing spots to disperse the large crowds that come to this area.

So... Why this is being taken out of character does actually confuse me. I would say that typically our officers are fair in the regards that they do a pretty good job at keeping things IC, but I can't speak for every officer since we're constantly growing in size. What I can say is that we're working with our Group Leaders to permit out-of-character quality restrictions. Officers on a roleplay server like our own are ambassadors of our community, and they should try to be respectful and helpful - not that we'll specifically make it a requirement, but overall, our goal is to ensure the quality of these individuals slowly begin to improve. Overall, if someone makes a trash comment out-of-character, I would strongly suggest ignoring it. However- - If you're saying some of these interactions get poor responses in-character (through the microphone) and they appear visibly frustrated, well, that makes sense. It's character responses, etc. Either way, this also is combined by the shit behavior of the pier. The amount of frustrations they're faced within a very small amount of time at that location is unreal. This is something I can certainly say we are working towards addressing, quickly.

Honestly, I can't really dig into this situation too much. This is extremely confusing to me. A couple of points, the first being that DOJ are not actually police, and don't have the ability to arrest any individuals, only officers can. However, what they do IC'ly is within their rights so as long as it falls within our rules of the community. Overall, this still confuses me and makes me believe this was related to some non-rp behavior relating to the pier. Not stating the non-rp behavior was on either side, but it sounds like this would've been better avoided.

I'm also assuming this is at the pier - Very frustrating - Generates a lot of poor roleplay right now, which is why we need to focus heavily on this.

Overall, it seems like the general frustrations within this post is related directly to the pier and the cesspool that it's become within the City. I've said this a couple of times already, but I'll reiterate. Due to the nature of our recent rapid growth, the pier, which issued to be mildly an issue, has become a hub for poor roleplay, screaming, non-roleplay behavior, deathmatch (& vehicle death match), and just overall has become an example of what we do not want the server to police. This location used to be a fairly quality location for a large group of individuals to gather to socialize but has since extended far past that. So, I do truly apologize that this is ruining your and other new player's experience. I can promise that we are working towards resolving these frustrations.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  19. Joshua

Lead Admin

We do take a lot of pride in not being a pay-to-win community, in fact, you will find that most things within the community cannot be purchased, at all. We allow our supports to receive a small benefit, but nothing that gives them an advantage in-game. As for the advanced features though, that's something I have to disagree with. Our community is still very young. Our script is buggy, needs work, expansion, and more. This is something we're working hard on expanding everyday.

So, this is something I've interestingly heard a couple of individuals say within this post, and I'm just not really sure where it's directly come from. So, we do have an outlet to report these individuals; which is Staff Complaints, but... I'll extend the same courtesy I did for the other individual on this post. Please reach out to me in direct messages with some details of the situation. I'd like to dig deeper into this and try to understand better exactly what situations people are specifically referencing so we can attempt to make positive impact to resolve these issues.

So, this is something I would generally disagree with. Overall, it's more or less that our rules are too overly specific, limiting staff members in too many situations, now allowing things such as intent to be accounted for. However, this is something we've been putting a lot of effort into trying to resolve. We're attempting to make more consistent rule updates and provide better clarity to our staff team to make this a bit better. As for the specific situation where you're evidence was cited as not being valid; I'd suggest just post a Staff Complaint on the poster. Let's confirm this case just to make sure we're not missing anything here.

Could you expand on this a bit for me? I'd love to take the time to open a discussion here to better understand exactly what you're talking about.

I would strongly suggest contacting the individual who banned you to get further information. Typically in these situations, it tends to lean towards a lack of understanding with our rules. If however an individual did ban you wrongfully, I really suggest posting a ban appeal - and if they still refuse to acknowledge they made a mistake, a Staff Complaint is without a doubt the proper route to take here so we can properly address the conduct of this Staff Member. However, for the situation specifically, I think it's best that I don't comment on specifics as we should keep that directed towards the complaint section on our forums so the proper individuals can review exactly what happened.

I addressed the chaos that I believe you are mentioning in my above post to the other individual. Overall, if you do have some information that could lead to me uncovering any staff abuse of corruption, I do wholeheartly invite you to either 1) reach out to me with some general information so I can dig further or 2) post a Staff Complaint if you have evidence; this will allow the Staff Management department to properly conduct an investigation on the situation.

We don't think this.

I can't really comment to much in regards to this considering this is really an opinionated comment. Since it's one of your bullet points however, if you'd like to expand upon that - maybe we can continue the discussion surrounding this specific input?

We typically reach about 260 max, we also peaked at 350 the other day.

20. Joshua

Lead Admin

I would strongly suggest posting a Staff Complaint here, or you can reach out to me to get some more insight on this situation. We try to be understanding in these situations but we have to be fair to all those involved to ensure we're not improperly issuing punishments.

This was more or less a response to Kay. He's specifically referencing Internal Affairs; which is an IC aspect of our community. However, if you would like to provide any additional information here about this specific comment, I can try to respond a bit better for you.

I agree. Many of the frustrations we're seeing are directly stemming from the pier. This is something we're working on improving. Administrators 10000% should not be gods, and they shouldn't be treated any directly from others in-game. I'll invite you to reach out to me in Direct Messages as I've done for the others in this post so we can further discuss exactly what is happening. I want to understand where these complaints of staff being bias towards themselves or others are coming from. So I would appreciate if you could assist me in rooting it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice