• Posting Suggestions and Responses

Hello Guest, please read and follow the below instructions:
    • When posting a suggestion, make sure it is not a previously posted suggestion.
    • Make your best effort to respond to suggestions in an understandable and reasonable manner.
    • Everyone disagrees, just be respectful.
    • Do not complain if your suggestion is denied by the Administration, or voted away by the community.
    • This section is used for community feedback, Mafia City Roleplay makes no garuntees that a feature will be added.
    • Mafia City Roleplay reserves the right to prohibit posting in this section at any time, for any reason.
    Please understand that all suggestions may not receive a response until release.
  • Quick Announcement
    New Forum Section: Creative Content

Hello Guest!

We've recently added a new forum section called Creative Content. You can post screenshots, video, gifs, and more in this section if you'd like! Graphic design, video showcases, twitch highlights and anything to showcase your creativity! Please feel free to check it out.

https://mafiacity-rp.com/forums/index.php?forums/creative-content.153/
  • Good day Guest!

You may have noticed you are no longer able to access the Mafia City Roleplay Discord due to a recent security issue.

You can rejoin using our Discord Invite link: https://discord.gg/fHNb6nw

Sleepiness factor

Do you support this suggestion?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

freddi

New Guy
Reaction score
Suggestion Title:
Sleepiness factor​

Suggestion Category:
Roleplay Server​

Suggestion Sub-Category:
Players​

Suggestion:
A suggestion to add a sleepiness factor in addition to the health and shield bars.​
1-Player would get more sleepy the longer they stay online.​
2-This would encourage players to buy drugs (since shields are gonna be added players are no longer interested in buying drugs or using them, unless they want to sell them which is not realistic), cocaine would be more effective than weed in reducing the amount of sleepiness/tiredness, or maybe it would give a chance for energy drinks or coffee to become a thing.​
3-This will also encourage players to use their houses more often(other than for storage) and would bump the property renting businesses as people would need to buy/rent houses to put beds/couches in order to sleep more efficiently.​
4-If in a sleeping state, tiredness/sleepiness should go down even if the player is offline, this would make the "I'm going to sleep" thing way more reasonable as players would be actually sleeping in their own houses instead of just logging off.​
5-Effects of high sleepiness could be a darkening screen, some kind of effect or something that can be added.​
This idea makes alot of sense(at least to me) and would add a great feature to the server.​

Last edited:

Hydrosis

Fukaru. We go nyoom
Junior Moderator
Helper
Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds fun. Maybe the sleepier you are, the faster your hunger and thirst goes down? I'm wondering how it could be done scriptly tbh

Reactions: freddi

Perfection

Member of Staff
Helper
Reaction score
I like the idea. No need to make screen darkening effects though,I would suggest just making it so you start losing hunger & thrist faster while your sleepiness is low.

Nivaurum

I post a lot
Reaction score
So... doing drugs... is good for you?!?

Nivaurum

I post a lot
Reaction score
So, seriously, while it would be good for there to be some incentive for using drugs, having it be some kind of health-related benefit just seems wrong. It would be nice if use gave some benefit to criminal activity.

JoeSlice

Dwayne Elizondo "Mountain Dew" Herbert Camacho
Reaction score
Only if im allowed to sleep where-ever i want.
In that case, Joe Slice will be sleeping in the breakroom.
AND ill make a hobo character and sleep on the streets.

i like this a lot

Synthol

Member of Staff
Junior Moderator
Supporter
Reaction score
I like this suggestion in addition with the first two replies in which your hunger and thirst go down faster the more tired you get.

ratou11

One of those union guys
Supporter
Reaction score
Anything that can make properties a bit more useful to civilians is good imo.

Right now the only people who want houses are crims who want to grow weed, or stash guns & drugs. Most of the newer civilians I've seen buying or renting houses eventually sell it or stop renting to buy more cars because they just don't find any use for it at all.

Reactions: AnimalWheat1102

AnimalWheat1102

That Union Guy
Supporter
Reaction score
I like this idea alot. Houses need more uses and benefits other then just being stash houses. All I use my house for is storing my 30+ Tracksuits.

Reactions: ratou11 and Alexv

Mishack

Newer Guy
Reaction score
All for the properties buff but I think making drug use something that's almost needed for a civilian just trying to stay awake breaks a lot of immersion and might start an over usage in drugs that is unrealistic. I like the tiredness factor, and maybe If you get very tired it would make you slower.

freddi

New Guy
Reaction score
All for the properties buff but I think making drug use something that's almost needed for a civilian just trying to stay awake breaks a lot of immersion and might start an over usage in drugs that is unrealistic. I like the tiredness factor, and maybe If you get very tired it would make you slower.
Yes thats why I mentioned maybe introducing coffee or energy drinks :)

Reactions: ratou11

Alexv

Newer Guy
Helper
Reaction score
This would allow my plans to become a real estate mogul/ slumlord to become reality.