1. Posting Suggestions and Responses

Hello Guest, please read and follow the below instructions:
    • When posting a suggestion, make sure it is not a previously posted suggestion.
    • Make your best effort to respond to suggestions in an understandable and reasonable manner.
    • Everyone disagrees, just be respectful.
    • Do not complain if your suggestion is denied by the Administration, or voted away by the community.
    • This section is used for community feedback, Mafia City Roleplay makes no garuntees that a feature will be added.
    • Mafia City Roleplay reserves the right to prohibit posting in this section at any time, for any reason.
    Please understand that all suggestions may not receive a response until release.
    Dismiss Notice

Something needs to change about PD!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Xenon, Feb 11, 2020.

?

Do you support this suggestion?

This poll will close on Jun 10, 2020 at 10:57 AM.
  1. Yes

69.7%
  2. No

30.3%
  1. Xenon

Xenon Meh Guy
    Hype Team Founding Supp. Supporter

Suggestion Title:
    Something needs to change about PD!

Suggestion Category:
    Roleplay Server

Suggestion Sub-Category:
    Criminals With Badges

Suggestion:
    So Me and my group have been playing the server since release and have seen the rise and fall of many. The server has gone through a lot of changes but the admins listen to the community and a lot of progress has been made in most areas except for one. The PD have constantly been in a bad light and this isn't due to every officer as I know a lot of cops personally and ICly and I have no issue with them. My problem is the cops or people within the PD that feel they can take the law into their own or just make shit up as they go along, because OOCly they know there is nothing the judicial system can do to sue them if they break a law. Me and my group have had massive amount of video evidence obtained via phone recording or body cam footage IG but when we approach the DA or anyone else for advice on how to sue we are simply met with "Its out of my hands or there is nothing I can do response". How can this be a good RP server when the cops are rolling around like criminals with badges and a chief that doesn't know how to run a department at all. For instance Gauge being banned due to Dred not knowing server rules or any ROE at all and telling him to fire upon a bike that wasn't even firing at all causing someone else at his command to be banned who is a great roleplayer. then you can go on to say how he rolls around in an armoured insurgent RPing his own gunports in the sides without informing anyone until the time of engagement so people are just meant to telepathically know these things then using it as a RDM machine whenever he pleases. Not only this but gun ports IRL you can only shoot out of the side you cant shoot in front of you or behind as he does on countless occasions. Then we could go onto the fact that PD can get openly revived in active shootouts by admins with no RP whatsoever and then continue to jump back into the fight giving criminals no chance at all as they are left to bleed out... To top all this off now with the new rule of criminals having to pay there fines if a vehicle is impounded to get it back all I see now is PD going around impounding every car they see after a vehicle scan and also making people in jail show them where their cars are parked on the map just so they can go and tow their car and impound it even if they refuse to tell them location they still just PG and say you have to tell us as we have your phone and the tracking app for your car...
    Yesterday also them pooping concrete barricades onto the pier and using it to block in cars so they can come back and impound them and also somehow sucking cars out of the ocean with a helicopter to impound.

Now I hear that Dred's alt joins the crows and now PD is teaming up with the crows to fight savages lol? what is this the wild west what kind of government force joins with ex terrorists or criminals in general to fight another criminal enterprise its absolutely ridiculous and a conflict of characters from Dred as ironic they team up only days after he joins them on another char.

My suggestion is that something needs to be done asap about IG rules for PD and OOC as they are just criminals with badges at this point doing as they please with no consequences at all and quite frankly me and my group plus a few others that I know are ready to up and leave if nothing is done about this as this isn't the fist time this subject has been brought up and it defiantly wont be the last. I love this community and the people in it and the last thing I wanna do is leave but this is a huge issue and its impacting so many on a grand scale PD is one of the main cogs in this wheel so if they are not functioning how they should then it creates a huge problem for the rest of the server criminal or civilian! I apologise if my rant seems long but this Isn't just coming from me personally but more of a group of individuals within the community that are tired of this re occurring nuisance and hope our voices are hear and somthing can be done to improve the quality of RP here as the server is amazing and the last thing we want to do is part ways with it due to 1 government group.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. JayG

JayG New Guy
    Founding Supp. Supporter

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 JayG, Feb 11, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
    Skill, Xenon and Bullet like this.
  3. Oleg

Oleg Newer Guy

Not far from real life
    Very accurate RP wise.

4. Shorty

Shorty Meh Guy

Welcome to the real world they are RP'ing their minds out!

5. Cat

Cat Member of Staff
    Moderator Supporter

IA reports are a thing and I can count on two hands how many we have received, more than half of those being from actual PD members. If it's an IC issue then post an IA report in the correct format.

As far as I am aware, Gov can come down on PD but if you don't post an IA report then you have not made an effort to correct any issues via chain of command.

Edit: I forgot to explain why I suggested IA for the IC issues. None of this has gone through IA in game so how can you say a system is broken if you have not made an effort to shape it?

#5 Cat, Feb 11, 2020
    Ben Biff likes this.
  6. Xenon

Xenon Meh Guy

This is more of OOC issue then IA

7. Kay

Kay This Guy
    Founding Supp. Supporter

Your argument is very one sided. It’s not only PD’s fault. It’s the general mentality. It takes two to argue

Ben Biff likes this.
  8. Cat

Cat Member of Staff
    Moderator Supporter

How is it an OOC issue if you have issues with how PD conduct themselves IC? I'm a tad confused on that.

Also, PD do not get revived without RP by admins whenever they want. Proper RP at MD from anyone whilst no MD are on duty will get them a revive.

Ben Biff likes this.
  9. Nightranger

Nightranger Alright Guy

Not going to say a word, what do I know

10. Xenon

Xenon Meh Guy

I have video of them being revved on the spot and not being rp dragged into the MD...

Sean Moon likes this.
  11. Oleg

Oleg Newer Guy

It's an OOC issue because these players know there are no repercussions, unlike real life in which you can present evidence from many sources here it's not like that, while this is a roleplay server, we're not imitating real life to it's fullest.

12. Kay

Kay This Guy
    Founding Supp. Supporter

Report that.

13. Cat

Cat Member of Staff
    Moderator Supporter

Sounds like a staff/player complaint then and not the entirety of PD should be held responsible for that. @Xenon

14. Cat

Cat Member of Staff
    Moderator Supporter

@Oleg that's what IA reports are for? Hello? You report and they have IC consequences to the people breaking PD procedure/protocol.

Kay likes this.
  15. Xenon

Xenon Meh Guy

I'm just gonna leave this here anyway as I feel its more then a justified suggestion... I find it funny how mainly only cops seems to be approaching this with a negative outlook when we are not on about every officer but only specific people within PD or how the group is managed in general hence the OOC.

Sean Moon, Nightranger and JayG like this.
  16. Cat

Cat Member of Staff
    Moderator Supporter

You have grouped PD together within your post, of course we're going to assume you are talking about everyone. I have given you the current options you have for fixing your issues and your response is "lol PD am i rite?" so if you want things to continue how they are then yes, by all means don't bring anything to IA or attempt to resolve the IC issues that you have ICly. If there's OOC issues then take it to group management or report via the forums as appropriate.

Kay likes this.
  17. KuCo

KuCo Meh Guy
    Founding Supp. Supporter

I'd like to point out that yesterday at the Pier with Brock's SUV. IDK who got the idea that the Helicopter was meant to remove the vehicle from the water but that wasn't the case. It was there as surveillance. We Roleplayed the insurance company getting it out of the water as PD had no means to take it out of the water. As for saying the PD and Crows are teaming up is just wrong. The whole Gunfight at Jamestown a few days ago was a shit show for the police. We were outnumbered 4 to 1. Tell me how realistic it is for cops to go in and start arresting people when there are at least 3 gangs there brandishing weapons. We also tried to arrest someone and the second their buddies got word that he was being arrested, we got KOS'd. Your story is one-sided. Now don't get me wrong those Barriers at the pier weren't good RP at all. I as a PD Character am trying to improve my Roleplay as much as I can, improving every day as it goes But mentioning Dredd's alt on a PD Topic has nothing to do with PD. Long Story short: I do agree things have to change, but it's not only on the PD side.

Ben Biff, Cat and Blondiie like this.
  18. Xenon

Xenon Meh Guy

[​IMG]

Make sure you read my post before actually saying something like that.
    @Cat

#18 Xenon, Feb 11, 2020
    Sean Moon likes this.
  19. Nightranger

Nightranger Alright Guy

Alot of things get changed through suggestions, some stuff should be done through reports etc, but point is, the majority of people only ever use reports on people they don't like, It seems to be an OOC dig back at people (sad truth) - so the remaining players, don't like to put reports up, because they don't like the OOC hate directed back at them after doing reports... It's a game after all...

So if anytime anyone is ever going to mention anything about PD and told to fill in an IA form which frankly is buried on your website to which some people can't even access due to error 500's on the server, then how are they meant to file IA reports?...

Not to mention, most the comunity feel the punishments dealt aren't harsh enough compared to what they get (10+ hrs in prison so can't RP retrospectively) and only a chance to appeal after.... Whereas an officer does something, get's slapped on the hand, slapped on the hand again etc...

Not to mention, PD want IC evidence showing the person to "/me turns bodycam on"... for it to even be feasible... PD have so many criteria and restrictions for an IA report to even get looked at, people don't bother, as it is just a waste of time

Shorty, Mech and Xenon like this.
  20. Xenon

Xenon Meh Guy

Amen to that brother!

Alis and Sean Moon like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice