• Posting Suggestions and Responses

Hello Guest, please read and follow the below instructions:
    • When posting a suggestion, make sure it is not a previously posted suggestion.
    • Make your best effort to respond to suggestions in an understandable and reasonable manner.
    • Everyone disagrees, just be respectful.
    • Do not complain if your suggestion is denied by the Administration, or voted away by the community.
    • This section is used for community feedback, Mafia City Roleplay makes no garuntees that a feature will be added.
    • Mafia City Roleplay reserves the right to prohibit posting in this section at any time, for any reason.
    Please understand that all suggestions may not receive a response until release.
  • Quick Announcement
    New Forum Section: Creative Content

Hello Guest!

We've recently added a new forum section called Creative Content. You can post screenshots, video, gifs, and more in this section if you'd like! Graphic design, video showcases, twitch highlights and anything to showcase your creativity! Please feel free to check it out.

https://mafiacity-rp.com/forums/index.php?forums/creative-content.153/
  • Good day Guest!

You may have noticed you are no longer able to access the Mafia City Roleplay Discord due to a recent security issue.

You can rejoin using our Discord Invite link: https://discord.gg/fHNb6nw

Street Races

Do you support this suggestion?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

swooshicide

Newer Guy
Reaction score
Suggestion Title:
Street Races​

Suggestion Category:
Roleplay Server​

Suggestion Sub-Category:
Street Racing With Checkpoints​

Suggestion:
I think it would be a cool thing to have checkpoints in racing if we ever wanted to start a street race. Not only would it be fun for the drivers, but also for the officers trying to catch the racers. It would be a high risk high reward on both parties. Simply just adding checkpoints. Now of course a lot of random people would try to create a race and probably cause mayhem. So maybe have only a few people IC who can make or start the races. And I would love that position if it ever got approved! Even add your own suggestions to!​

Last edited:
Reactions: MrRAT and DeagleDon

Holm

I post a lot
Hype Team
Reaction score
I mean there's currently already a few races happening around every now and then. As well as general racing, it really doesn't need any script for it, plan a route and drive it a couple of times so everyone knows it.

DeagleDon

Newer Guy
Reaction score
I think it's a great addition to the game, I just thought of making this suggestion here. When there is an organized way to create a race like the checkpoints, adding lap times, positions etc., It Would bring more people into racing and it would be a great way to spend time in the city because most of us who grind money spend it on cars. So, scripting the races can make it easy to create and run big racing events frequently because it's easier to do so and we don't have to worry a out people going off track to win a race(1v1 races with known people don't have this issue but a big one with new players may). And I also agree that this ability should be given to some people only.

Reactions: ZURA

MrRAT

Newer Guy
Reaction score
I haven't been involved in any races yet so can't fully comment as such but based on this info it seems races are currently played by ear?

This means to me:
- Players can cheat, diverge from the agree'd course and take shortcuts and skip entire laps (maybe a RP aspect there)
- It's hard to create a reproducible track with multiple laps, players may forget where they are suppose to make a turn or where the start/end is.

Additionally; adding cops into the mix makes it more difficult to focus on the route itself and can distract/take away from the race aspect.

In terms of 'competitve street racing', I agree with this idea and would prefer an option to have official race checkpoints... Especially when players have the power to be creative and create their own race tracks, in some essence introducing a creative time sink/investment.

I wouldn't script/automate race wagers though, I think this takes from RP immersion for example allowing the race master to define placement rewards and take a cut themselves or if the race master RPly decided to betray the racers and run off with all the wagers for themselves.

I don't think race masters should be limited to specific people as this itself could be a RP aspect for players, allowing them to build a bond/reputation in the racing community. To avoid excessive spam maybe limit how often they are able to start races (i.e once per IRL hour, an X races per day cap).

Maybe also make it so that players who recently attended a race can't host a race for a period of time to prevent back to back to back races causing cop resources to be exhausted 24/7.

Eventually key race masters will emerge as they build trust and reputation for their race tracks anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeagleDon

DeagleDon

Newer Guy
Reaction score
I haven't been involved in any races yet so can't fully comment as such but based on this info it seems races are currently played by ear?

This means to me:
- Players can cheat, diverge from the agree'd course and take shortcuts and skip entire laps (maybe a RP aspect there)
- It's hard to create a reproducible track with multiple laps, players may forget where they are suppose to make a turn or where the start/end is.

Additionally; adding cops into the mix makes it more difficult to focus on the route itself and can distract/take away from the race aspect.

In terms of 'competitve street racing', I agree with this idea and would prefer an option to have official race checkpoints... Especially when players have the power to be creative and create their own race tracks, in some essence introducing a creative time sink/investment.

I wouldn't script/automate race wagers though, I think this takes from RP immersion for example allowing the race master to define placement rewards and take a cut themselves or if the race master RPly decided to betray the racers and run off with all the wagers for themselves.

I don't think race masters should be limited to specific people as this itself could be a RP aspect for players, allowing them to build a bond/reputation in the racing community. To avoid excessive spam maybe limit how often they are able to start races (i.e once per IRL hour, an X races per day cap).

Maybe also make it so that players who recently attended a race can't host a race for a period of time to prevent back to back to back races causing cop resources to be exhausted 24/7.

Eventually key race masters will emerge as they build trust and reputation for their race tracks anyway.
Couldn't have said this any better.