1. Posting Suggestions and Responses

Hello Guest, please read and follow the below instructions:
    • When posting a suggestion, make sure it is not a previously posted suggestion.
    • Make your best effort to respond to suggestions in an understandable and reasonable manner.
    • Everyone disagrees, just be respectful.
    • Do not complain if your suggestion is denied by the Administration, or voted away by the community.
    • This section is used for community feedback, Mafia City Roleplay makes no garuntees that a feature will be added.
    • Mafia City Roleplay reserves the right to prohibit posting in this section at any time, for any reason.
    Please understand that all suggestions may not receive a response until release.
    Dismiss Notice

Taser Effectiveness

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by iRitz, Jan 15, 2020.

?

Do you support this suggestion?

This poll will close on May 14, 2020 at 12:39 PM.
  1. Yes

75.0%
  2. No

25.0%
  1. iRitz

iRitz Tester
    Tester

Suggestion Title:
    Taser Effectiveness

Suggestion Category:
    Roleplay Server

Suggestion Sub-Category:
    Police, Crime, Taser, Down

Suggestion:
    As of right now taser effectiveness isn't a thing, people get shot with the taser and walk it off like it was no big deal. I would like to suggest a temporary down state where MD has to remove the taser prongs from the suspect when they are in. This allows MD to provide RP on scene and gives Police a chance without using other means of stopping the individual. ~!~LONGER ANIMATION~!~

#1 iRitz, Jan 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    RvGhost likes this.
  2. Dredd

Dredd New Guy

If I could vote both I would. But i would say no. We should not force scripts on people to make them RP a taser properly.

Bullet and LOAFY911 like this.
  3. BroskiBen

BroskiBen Newer Guy

I don't think they should be downed, but I think the effectiveness of the tazer should be increased 100%.

RvGhost likes this.
  4. iRitz

iRitz Tester
    Tester

Forcing a script on them is the only way to ensure the taser's effectiveness, simply put they can run after X amount of seconds... I don't want them DOWN, but I want them to be in a state where they can't run right after the taser being deployed.

5. Dredd

Dredd New Guy

A longer animation would be good imo

Bullet, RvGhost, Wozak and 1 other person like this.
  6. Kay

Kay Alright Guy
    Founding Supp. Supporter

I voted yes, but not for a downed state but rather an increased effetctiveness.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Bullet and iRitz like this.
  7. LOAFY911

LOAFY911 New Guy
    Supporter

I’d argue against this and double back by saying tasers should be less effective because IRL tasers have a high chance of not connecting or not working. No cop in the field trusts a taser with their life. It’s already hard for criminals why make it harder? This would seem too op

Don’t think there should be a downed state it should be in line with rp for people to rp it out.

8. iRitz

iRitz Tester
    Tester

I'd like to say that if possible it would be fine with me if someone was wearing a heavy jacket or something that the taser wouldn't work, however this can be abused and power gaming is applied. Tasers are effective in most of the video I have seen, you may have other research that says otherwise which is fine.

However this is a game where people run in awkward directions knowing that they are avoiding the Officer's aim. Also to the point of RP, not everyone RPs getting hit with a taser, this is why I posted this suggestion in the first place. Most of the time when someone is tased by a Police Officer in-game they walk it off or run like it was no big deal. Then the admins get involved and say that doing something like that is power gaming as well.

So I hear what you're saying, but Police need some way of detaining criminals that is non-lethal and won't cause severe harm to the individual.

9. LOAFY911

LOAFY911 New Guy
    Supporter

Honestly I’d be down
    Honestly I’d be down to get shot by a 40 mike mike round or some bean bag shots from a shotgun lol

RvGhost likes this.
  10. iRitz

iRitz Tester
    Tester

Sadly we don't have such a weapon that shoots bean bags...

11. LOAFY911

LOAFY911 New Guy
    Supporter

they could add it though

12. Wozak

Wozak New Guy

tasers are 100% effective when they work. More often than not, they don't work when they are needed (not including training videos and such). Drive stunning is 100% effective. The stungun itself is quite ineffective as there are an absolute shit-ton of things that stop it from working. Make it random by distance. <3 yards = 100% effective then a 20% decrease per additional yard.

Here is donut operator, ex-cop current youtuber who reviews police bodycam footage and much more and a quick take on tasers (for different reasons)

13. Shorty

Shorty Meh Guy

I really like this idea! Add extra time for when it connects and we got something to work with i think :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. Joenly

Joenly Member of Staff
    Moderator Founding Supp. Supporter

It could be a good idea to have the player be frozen for like 5 seconds after being tased.

RvGhost, iRitz and Dredd like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice