• Quick Announcement
    New Forum Section: Creative Content

Hello Guest!

We've recently added a new forum section called Creative Content. You can post screenshots, video, gifs, and more in this section if you'd like! Graphic design, video showcases, twitch highlights and anything to showcase your creativity! Please feel free to check it out.

https://mafiacity-rp.com/forums/index.php?forums/creative-content.153/
  • Good day Guest!

You may have noticed you are no longer able to access the Mafia City Roleplay Discord due to a recent security issue.

You can rejoin using our Discord Invite link: https://discord.gg/fHNb6nw

Thanos's rule suggestion for Player Kill Specification

Thanos

Thanos Was Right
Helper
Reaction score
Rule Name:
Player Kill Specification​

Is this a rule addition, change, or removal:
New Rule​

Suggested Rule Text:
When you are in active RP that ends in 1 or more people being downed due to another's injury you must have valid RP reasoning to "finishing tap" someone. This includes not being able to PK to not be found later, not being able to PK everyone you get into a shootout with just so you don't get a warrant. To be allowed to PK another player, you must have RP that will lead into them dyeing for a scene or lead up to it properly being planned out.​

What are the benefits of this rule:
-Adds to RP
-Finding who downed you to get revenge
-Continuation of Gang RP
- Prison RP more prevalent from getting found instead of forgetting who killed you
- Stealthy RP to not be found (changing clothes, driving different routes or with others with you)
-This makes it so gangs and others can not just wait at weed or coke sales to rob you and then PK you so you cannot pursue later.​

What are the negatives of this rule change, addition, or removal:
-Being able to be found instead of hiding by PK
-Changing behavior of your character who kills everyone "just because"
-People have to actually RP​

I confirmed that I have properly thought about this rule amendment. I also confirm that I've discussed this rule amendment with others. I also confirm I've checked the suggestion section before previously posting this rule suggestion and understand that I will receive a warning for posting a duplicate suggestion.
Yes​

north4thesummer

New Guy
Reaction score
This needs to happen. Honestly the only people that PK are gang members cause there the only ones that can and it upsets me so much on criminal and legal sides when we have no RP except losing stuff. I love all sorts of RP and i'm fine with loosing but its come to getting PK'ed every gang interaction. IRL you would never to selling drugs if gang members were this hostile cause IRL gang members are sloppy criminals and yes it's DEFINITELY dangerous to sell drugs but this is crazy. IU was PK'ed 4 times alone today in which they were all by the same gang. I'm not trying to attack the gang which is why i'm not saying which one because I like gang RP and i'm not even in one but if im gonna die every time I talk to a gang member then there's no point of having gangs. I think this would fix everything that has to do with the negative of gang RP. PLEASE IM BEGGING YOU, THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN!

Reactions: Thanos

AnimalWheat1102

That Union Guy
Supporter
Reaction score
Player Kill has never made sense to me and it still is such a grey area. If it is used properly it can create some interesting roleplay. However as we see there are those who abuse and bend the rules in order to get their way. I see Player Kill commonly used to avoid consequences and ending the roleplay. "Oh I have just robbed someone time to shoot them in the head so that my actions are 100% protected from a rule standpoint and not a roleplay standpoint. If roleplay warrants a PK then it should be a big deal, were potentially killing someone. So potentially going to have a murder charge instead of looking at this as a, "I know Law Enforcement won't show up so I can stand over this dead body". We already have the New Life Rule if someone is killed and left somewhere and never found they forget everything leading up to there death. Why does no one give a opportunity for the roleplay to continue?

JAY Alexander

Newer Guy
Supporter
Reaction score
If two people already in the shoot out then why would it matter if one of them gets PKed? If you’re between shoot out during war it’s a lot more difficult to RP taking someone’s phone to not have them call pd/md than finish tapping. Me personally I’ve had people call PD even after I finish them — don’t get me wrong if someone get shot for any random petty crime you should not be pk but for a shoot out ? Live by the gun die by it

Last edited:

LadyEm

Member of Staff
Helper
Supporter
Reaction score
Player Kill has never made sense to me and it still is such a grey area. If it is used properly it can create some interesting roleplay. However as we see there are those who abuse and bend the rules in order to get their way. I see Player Kill commonly used to avoid consequences and ending the roleplay. "Oh I have just robbed someone time to shoot them in the head so that my actions are 100% protected from a rule standpoint and not a roleplay standpoint. If roleplay warrants a PK then it should be a big deal, were potentially killing someone. So potentially going to have a murder charge instead of looking at this as a, "I know Law Enforcement won't show up so I can stand over this dead body". We already have the New Life Rule if someone is killed and left somewhere and never found they forget everything leading up to there death. Why does no one give a opportunity for the roleplay to continue?
I can very well agree with this.
Constantly PKing everyone creates no roleplay and that's how it is currently. Sure, you don't want the risk to get caught and arrested for it - but we need to remember that it won't always sure lead to it. Not everyone IC carries a bodycam, people wear masks, gloves etc. In those cases for example, what is the point of PKing? I personally would rather take all evidence of the crime and let the person live with injuries ofc to it. This creates that tension to RP also on like what if they got clues or want to find some on who did It to them and they want to revenge on it. Could sure lead to some more spicy RP here and there!

iDulvious

Meh Guy
Reaction score
We need this fucking rule. Literally I get shot in the head for the most minor thing. So you are telling me. If I get downed by a dude who ran me over by a car and Mo shoots me in the head to finish me for fucks and giggles then WTF kinda RP sense does that make???