• Posting Suggestions and Responses

Hello Guest, please read and follow the below instructions:
    • When posting a suggestion, make sure it is not a previously posted suggestion.
    • Make your best effort to respond to suggestions in an understandable and reasonable manner.
    • Everyone disagrees, just be respectful.
    • Do not complain if your suggestion is denied by the Administration, or voted away by the community.
    • This section is used for community feedback, Mafia City Roleplay makes no garuntees that a feature will be added.
    • Mafia City Roleplay reserves the right to prohibit posting in this section at any time, for any reason.
    Please understand that all suggestions may not receive a response until release.
  • Quick Announcement
    New Forum Section: Creative Content

Hello Guest!

We've recently added a new forum section called Creative Content. You can post screenshots, video, gifs, and more in this section if you'd like! Graphic design, video showcases, twitch highlights and anything to showcase your creativity! Please feel free to check it out.

https://mafiacity-rp.com/forums/index.php?forums/creative-content.153/

Denied The ability for user uploaded skins to be implemented in game for vehicles.

Do you support this suggestion?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wagon_Wheel

Newer Guy
Reaction score
[TAB]Suggestion Title:
The ability for user uploaded skins to be implemented in game for vehicles. [/TAB]

[TAB]Suggestion Category:
Roleplay Server[/TAB]

[TAB]Suggestion Sub-Category:
Vehicles [/TAB]

[TAB]Suggestion:
Hi, I know I keep making suggestions and I’ve only done like 30 hours of actual gameplay but I just keep getting ideas and would love to share them with everyone.

This idea is either for a system similar to crew logos on vehicles where a user can upload an image or send the image to an admin and have it installed on their vehicles or for purchase from a midshop, this could also work for complexity redone vehicle wraps.

This ads an element of uniqueness to vehicles as well as allows corps and companies to advertise and identify vehicles as their own for RP purposes. For instance a private event caterer might want a custom painted van with their logo on it

I’d also like to suggest the addition of vehicles with orange light bars and no liveries similar to these for RP purposes such as private security. https://www.gta5-mods.com/paintjobs/gruppe-sechs-security-livery-pack [/TAB]

Spork

Tester
Tester
Reaction score
Hey Wagon!
I had exactly the same idea, I'll even say "great minds think alike" ;)
Unfortunately, rage limits us as far as I know. Maybe one day but not for now.

Reactions: Hydrosis

Nameless

This Guy
Reaction score
From what I know, this is not easily possible.

For certain vehicles that do not have skins, it requires UV Mapping the entire vehicle, which is hard as it is, as well as then the template being specific to the exact UV Mapped model, so the model would need to be downloaded on Client Join, and the skins would only work with that specific DLC Model (Plus the rpf's metadata would need changing to support liveries)

Plus then each new skin is required to be downloaded by everyone, and the server needs restarting to add them.

The game isn't really made for this, it's way too difficult to do it on a large scale, especially for non-addon vehicles.

For reading: https://forums.gta5-mods.com/topic/7670/tutorial-zmodeler3-how-to-make-uv-template-livery-template-too

There is the potential in Rage 1.1 Beta 2 with drawing onto objects, but not sure if this would work with a vehicle. Even then it would likely be required to happen in the render event, and as such with lots of them would drop frames for those on worse hardware

Wagon_Wheel

Newer Guy
Reaction score
From what I know, this is not easily possible.

For certain vehicles that do not have skins, it requires UV Mapping the entire vehicle, which is hard as it is, as well as then the template being specific to the exact UV Mapped model, so the model would need to be downloaded on Client Join, and the skins would only work with that specific DLC Model (Plus the rpf's metadata would need changing to support liveries)

Plus then each new skin is required to be downloaded by everyone, and the server needs restarting to add them.

The game isn't really made for this, it's way too difficult to do it on a large scale, especially for non-addon vehicles.

For reading: https://forums.gta5-mods.com/topic/7670/tutorial-zmodeler3-how-to-make-uv-template-livery-template-too

There is the potential in Rage 1.1 Beta 2 with drawing onto objects, but not sure if this would work with a vehicle. Even then it would likely be required to happen in the render event, and as such with lots of them would drop frames for those on worse hardware
you are right there as its not that easy but it is still possible to change a skin of a vehicle with some photoshop skills. I'd even settle for an easy way to request a new livery from an already existing mod or a new "varient" of the vehicle.

I have some ideas for corps or RP stuff where different liveries of vehicles would be useful such as a custom private ambulance skin for fightnights and events that would need an EMT but wouldn't be that good of press for the MD. Something as simple as each update the admins asking if any corps have a specific livery they want installed then the corp would send over the files and it would be updated. Individual liveries are easy to make for vehicles that have variants and you could even include the vehicle as a separate entity instead of having it be available for purchase at a mod shop.

Last edited:

FleecyJake

Member of Staff
Administration
Reaction score
you are right there as its not that easy but it is still possible to change a skin of a vehicle with some photoshop skills. I'd even settle for an easy way to request a new livery from an already existing mod or a new "varient" of the vehicle.

I have some ideas for corps or RP stuff where different liveries of vehicles would be useful such as a custom private ambulance skin for fightnights and events that would need an EMT but wouldn't be that good of press for the MD. Something as simple as each update the admins asking if any corps have a specific livery they want installed then the corp would send over the files and it would be updated. Individual liveries are easy to make for vehicles that have variants and you could even include the vehicle as a separate entity instead of having it be available for purchase at a mod shop.
When we implemented custom liveries for SD it was harder then you think. It requires a ton of work more then just because photoshop, and if every corp wanted liveries imagine the download files you would get

Reactions: Nameless

Nameless

This Guy
Reaction score
When we implemented custom liveries for SD it was harder then you think. It requires a ton of work more then just because photoshop, and if every corp wanted liveries imagine the download files you would get
I challenge Mr Wagon Wheel to make liveries for a few vehicles - that way he can understand just how difficult it is, especially if you want to make a full body wrap that aligns correctly

Wagon_Wheel

Newer Guy
Reaction score
I challenge Mr Wagon Wheel to make liveries for a few vehicles - that way he can understand just how difficult it is, especially if you want to make a full body wrap that aligns correctly
Could i not just do something like this or is FiveM complexity different to RageMP?

Nameless

This Guy
Reaction score
The actual livery creation part is the easiest. If you want it on a vehicle that is not mapped, you have to UV Map it. This is not as easy as a few clicks, I can tell you from experience.

MCRP has download limits for groups. 45MB of mods, or 3 maximum, whichever comes first. For PD, EMS, and other legal groups like it. That's it. No more.

To even add a single livery in 0.3.7 requires the user to download the entire new DLC.rpf for that vehicle, even if only 1 livery is added. I understand you think it's so simple to do, but there's a lot of things you have to consider. And to add 5-10MB or even more for a vehicle just so one group can have their name on the front of a car is not gonna happen, there will be 10+ gangs wanting this, or people wanting individual ones, and it's just gonna get out of hand way too quickly.

Reactions: Joshua

Wagon_Wheel

Newer Guy
Reaction score
The actual livery creation part is the easiest. If you want it on a vehicle that is not mapped, you have to UV Map it. This is not as easy as a few clicks, I can tell you from experience.

MCRP has download limits for groups. 45MB of mods, or 3 maximum, whichever comes first. For PD, EMS, and other legal groups like it. That's it. No more.

To even add a single livery in 0.3.7 requires the user to download the entire new DLC.rpf for that vehicle, even if only 1 livery is added. I understand you think it's so simple to do, but there's a lot of things you have to consider. And to add 5-10MB or even more for a vehicle just so one group can have their name on the front of a car is not gonna happen, there will be 10+ gangs wanting this, or people wanting individual ones, and it's just gonna get out of hand way too quickly.
Okay that makes sense. its a flawed idea but it would be cool if it was possible. :) thanks for explaining it

Joshua

Founder
Lead Admin
Reaction score
Saly we cannot easily achieve this. I'm going to close this out, but keep it in mind in the event that RAGE allows hot-loading modifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.