• Quick Announcement
    New Forum Section: Creative Content

Hello Guest!

We've recently added a new forum section called Creative Content. You can post screenshots, video, gifs, and more in this section if you'd like! Graphic design, video showcases, twitch highlights and anything to showcase your creativity! Please feel free to check it out.

https://mafiacity-rp.com/forums/index.php?forums/creative-content.153/
  • Good day Guest!

You may have noticed you are no longer able to access the Mafia City Roleplay Discord due to a recent security issue.

You can rejoin using our Discord Invite link: https://discord.gg/fHNb6nw

The State of Mafia City Roleplay

Smallboy

Support Team
Support Team
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

From recent events and the build-up of toxic situations and scenarios over the past couple of weeks, it appears that MCRP is surely dying at this rate of players leaving, no new players joining and players deciding to go to different servers. I myself haven't logged in for over a week due to the constant gunfights and lack of roleplay on the server.

I believe the community requires some transparency from the lead administration because at this rate I don't see MCRP surviving 2020.

From a PD perspective, I've also noticed a huge drop in activity and people simply not wanting to log in anymore due to the constant gunfights, people roleplaying to win, and lack of genuine roleplay on the server.

I'm looking for a discussion, transparency and honestly to see if LA's have a plan for the immediate future to fix this.

NickRiles

Newer Guy
Supporter
Reaction score
People aren't refusing to sign in because of gunfights and PvP.

People are refusing to sign in/sign up because they have to fish for three weeks now to be able to afford a PCJ.

ixTruthv2

New Guy
Reaction score
As bad as it sounds. i think the community in a whole is too far gone. You would need a full wipe of players and assets and start over. starting with a whitelist process. And then a complete rework of the economy and the way the server works. You cant expect RP when people are required to grind so much for things.

Reactions: itzryzo and Caveman

Newb

Member of Staff
Junior Moderator
Reaction score
I feel for crims. I really do. The whole process is AFK. AFK to cook. AFK to make guns. Get arrested AFK in prison. Like seriously nothing involves solid RP. I spent 7 IRL hours between waiting for DOJ to not help me anyway and jail fo realize I have no desire to do crim RP here.

Reactions: Cat and Smallboy

Smallboy

Support Team
Support Team
Reaction score
I honestly feel like a server wipe might not be a bad thing. We did it back in SAMP on MT-G and we went from MT-G 1.0 to MT-G 2.0

An MCRP 2.0 might not be a bad shout.

I feel for crims. I really do. The whole process is AFK. AFK to cook. AFK to make guns. Get arrested AFK in prison. Like seriously nothing involves solid RP. I spent 7 IRL hours between waiting for DOJ to not help me anyway and jail fo realize I have no desire to do crim RP here.
I agree with this. I've only experienced a tiny aspect of criminal roleplay but it was a lot of AFK and it sucked. I spent hours in an RV. I've gotten more excitement out of a mobile game with minigames.

People aren't refusing to sign in because of gunfights and PvP.

People are refusing to sign in/sign up because they have to fish for three weeks now to be able to afford a PCJ.
Well last time I checked I count as 'people' as do my friends (@Cat , @Hide @Dove and @BroskiBen ) who are all higher-ups in the LSPD and the majority of our concerns is how there are so many gunfights that there's legitimately no roleplay to have. A single traffic stop turns into a demand for immediate backup because a player is concerned about a speeding ticket.

Reactions: jokerrk

AnimalWheat1102

That Union Guy
Supporter
Reaction score
I really think universal basic income is going to help. People will be pushed to drive around roleplay meet new people. They won't feel like there constantly losing money because there food is going down. I have been roleplaying a civilian for about 7 month's now and I have been building a foundation to be able to set high bar for roleplay that people can strive to achieve. I go with the "Be the change you want to be" mindset.

Nivaurum

The Thee Guy
Reaction score
RL has been keeping me from playing some, but there's also the thing with the constant shootouts. We've empowered gangs to be the most powerful groups on the server. It's only natural that they continually escalate things to a shootout, if they know they will always come out on top that way. That's not even play-to-win. It's the natural response any criminal would have if he knew it would work for him.

The fix for this is to make crims fear the cops. When crims shoot at cops, about 90% of the time they should end up downed, have all of their stuff confiscated, and go to jail. When it works that way, the crims will be very selective about when they shoot. And this works because the cops don't get to escalate whenever they want. The cops have to keep themselves in check, or they get in trouble.

The remaining problems are the same as they've been the whole time I've been here: civ jobs aren't fun, crim jobs aren't fun, and jail is too much like an OOC punishment.

I think the jail problem is easily solved, but the right people have to be onboard with that. That's not yet the case.

The hard part is the civ and crim jobs. I'm not yet sure of a good approach for the crim jobs, but civ jobs need to function a lot more like PD does... groups of people working together toward a common goal, with variation in the tasks that need doing, and pay be the hour (maybe with bonuses for "task success").

Tudor

Meh Guy
Reaction score
“ From a PD perspective, I've also noticed a huge drop in activity and people simply not wanting to log in anymore due to the constant gunfights, people roleplaying to win, and lack of genuine roleplay on the server.”
i don’t know but i find this very funny comming from pd when all they do is play to win and they don’t care at all about rp, when there were at least 10 kidnapping/evade rp scenarios completely destroyed by pd or when you have pd that do this type of rp
when it was so ez to have an officer comming to the window and rp the kamacho having no plates on and still be catching the criminal, or
or
having pd not rp’ing injuries even if there are other 8 pd cars in the same chase...
it’s so easy to point your finger but it’s 10x harder to look in your own yard.
People aren’t logging in because the lack of content on the server and this will change soon as the devs said, and i’ve heard that it is considered giving people passive income even if the head admins didn’t want this at beginning so things will slowly go back upwards

Reactions: Xenon

Hoza

New Guy
Reaction score
Not all PD are bad, I had some decent kidnaps, pd escapes and I can admit that. The server is dying in general, not to blame the admins, but there is a lot of easy fix bugs to which people run into every day, and it seems like admins are not even bothered to fix them. The amount of grind criminals do, and I do this understand, as I was PD for few months, and the money was flowing in literally doing jack shit, and when I went to crim, you have to actually grind for it. Ofcourse, you do your grind illegaly like a criminal, but most of the stuff is so AFK, it drives me crazy. You wait a IRL hour to go sell weed, it gets sold literally in 3 minutes, and then you wait another hour. Another thing with the gunfights, if PD or SD would not get into fights, it wouldn't be as bad. Let the gangs fight, let them rob each other, and shoot. Of course if somebody is robbing a civilian, go ahead and help the civilian, but the scenarios I've seen in the city now, is PD moves into a middle of gang fight, and starts rampaging and clearing everybody. I don't even see this sort of shit on TV. Everybody likes to shoot, but we need to have limitations.

Reactions: ratou11

Nick_Kassian

Meh Guy
Reaction score
I'm 100% for a wipe and rework of the economy, although I doubt that will ever happen.

Benito

New Guy
Supporter
Reaction score
Agree with server wipe. If someone starts playing today how long would it take them to save 800k+ to buy a business?

Trey Conoly

Newer Guy
Supporter
Reaction score
be real leaders and own up to your mistakes. until then this server will continue to fail. The down play in activity has nothing to do with PVP in the server. It is over the simple fact that this server is BORING. from scripts to power hungry people that have REAL roles. There is not much to do civilian/criminal wise and from any other POV other than government is a grind. Even then you join government groups and all you have is a bunch of immature or power hungry folks running things.

If you think people want to come home to a stressful REAL LIFE situation to a stressful gaming situation, you're just naïve and wrong. Good luck. Honestly thing whole thing has felt like a waste of time for me.

This sever is dying due to a direct lack in leadership. From every group in this server from gangs, government groups, helpers, admins, and even founders. Their recent comments and inability to hold their tongue. It is even further proof this server is ran by a bunch of immature folks who can not be a LEADER.