1. Posting Suggestions and Responses

Hello Guest, please read and follow the below instructions:
    • When posting a suggestion, make sure it is not a previously posted suggestion.
    • Make your best effort to respond to suggestions in an understandable and reasonable manner.
    • Everyone disagrees, just be respectful.
    • Do not complain if your suggestion is denied by the Administration, or voted away by the community.
    • This section is used for community feedback, Mafia City Roleplay makes no garuntees that a feature will be added.
    • Mafia City Roleplay reserves the right to prohibit posting in this section at any time, for any reason.
    Please understand that all suggestions may not receive a response until release.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Quick Announcement
    New Forum Section: Creative Content

Hello Guest!

We've recently added a new forum section called Creative Content. You can post screenshots, video, gifs, and more in this section if you'd like! Graphic design, video showcases, twitch highlights and anything to showcase your creativity! Please feel free to check it out.

https://mafiacity-rp.com/forums/index.php?forums/creative-content.153/
    Dismiss Notice

Weazel News

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by NoyStaLgiA, Mar 20, 2020.

?

Do you support this suggestion?

This poll will close on Jul 18, 2020 at 7:09 AM.
  1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. NoyStaLgiA

NoyStaLgiA Member of Staff
    Moderator Hype Team Founding Supp. Supporter

Suggestion Title:
    Weazel News

Suggestion Category:
    Roleplay Server

Suggestion Sub-Category:
    Legal Jobs

Suggestion:
    Hey there!

As we all know, lately there are a lot of weird advertisements in-game, and they are all either criminals using it for illegal activities, unrealistic ADs, breaking rules, socialize (like the tweeter app), or even just new players using it without really knowing what it’s really used for.

My suggestion, that I believe can solve this all, is making Weazel News an actual legal group (like PD, MD, DOC and government).
    This way it’d be easier to monitor what advertisement was about to be posted and then Weazel Employees would be able to make the decision if to post it and charge them for those realistic ADs or just deny them as it’s against the rules, not realistic or just illegal.

I think it’d benefit the server by preventing all those weird ADs that popping, because it will never stop as long as each person has access to post whatever he likes without someone to tell him no.
    The script can be similar to EMS and PD, we can replace the advertisements app with Weazel one, and they can make a call.
    In cases and there are no employees on, they can get a notification that there are no available employees/agents, and if there are, they can get a notification saying that they got the call and that employee will be on his way once available.
    Once accepting the call, the person can get another notification saying that he’s on his way to his location.

Once arrival, an employee can have a category in the B menu while on duty (similar to MD and PD) with the option to create an AD.

Now there can be 2 options:
    1. in that option he’ll fill the player’s ID, which will send him the option to word his AD and then after finishing, the Weazel employee will have the option to either accept or deny it and then it’d post it if accepted while the money goes to weazel’s treasury (we can raise the price and add taxes if needed).
    2. Instead of filling the player‘s ID, the Weazel employee will be required to fill in his AD (after asking him over voice what he’s willing to post and this way it’d allow the weazel employees to be creative), once done, there will be both “cancel” and “send” buttons. Details then can be reviewed either by chat or via the weazel app in the player’s phone and he’ll be able to either accept it or deny it.

With that being said, Weazel can also has departments, for example advertisers, reporters and writers, and they can use the forums or a custom site made for them, to post the reports and articles.

I think it’d add a lot of RP to both the server and the group itself if handled right, and besides, it’d be one more legal job to have in the server which I think only gonna be a good thing and interesting :)

Thanks a lot for your time and feedback,
    NoyStaLgiA

BroskiBen likes this.
  2. Blondiie

Blondiie Member of Staff

Love this idea. Would promote some more roleplay rather than just typing on the phone. There was a journalist group earlier and I would love too see them return as part of this job

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    NoyStaLgiA likes this.
  3. LadyEm

LadyEm Newer Guy
    Supporter

I love this idea!

NoyStaLgiA likes this.
  4. Revelt

Revelt Alright Guy
    Hype Team Founding Supp. Supporter

I would prefer this way
    Let player make their own advertisement from phone but their ads need to get accepted first by weazel employee..
    Different price from phone and on the place.
    Example :

price from phone $1500 and player need to write his ads and it will send to weazel employee that on duty and they need to accept it first before announce it.
    If the ads not fill the requirement weazel can denied it.

Price from weazel news building would be $500 and they need to have interaction with weazel employee that on duty in the place. And weazel employee will accept it after they fill their advertisement.

Benefit : both of ways have RP interaction and more realistic more than making an ads from the van. And people need to go weazel news to make an ads and it would be give more RP wise and realistic.

Beside of that, u can use radio station to make an ads and radio station owner can start recruiting employee to work like what i said above

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    LadyEm likes this.
  5. NoyStaLgiA

I don't think personally letting players do this via the phone is a good idea, as it'd just make it less interactive between both sides. However, it might be good to consider it as the price would be higher.
    For the second idea, I'd prefer Weazel actually drive vehicles and go to the customers instead, as it'd let them roam around and not stay put in one place.
    We definitely don't wanna make Weazel like DOC, which forces them to stay in the area and wait, but this way they can drive around and ask people if they need ADs, or even just socializing because Weazel News is all about interacting with the people around, either if that's for reports or articles as well. Let them be free :)

6. Revelt

Revelt Alright Guy
    Hype Team Founding Supp. Supporter

Via phone is a good idea but need to raise the price and it still need weazel employee to accept it.

Weazel drive vehicles ofc for live broadcasting and collecting news. For making an ads it just sounds unrealistic for me but ye i can say it will make more fun.

NoyStaLgiA likes this.
  7. Rockses

Rockses Newer Guy

My opinion is encouraging rp with it. Have people call Weazle on-site to where they are at and build rp on it that is currently unavailable. Realistically they could screen things that shouldn't rply advertised like illegal activities and such. Overall a big I enjoy this idea from me.

NoyStaLgiA likes this.
  8. Joshua

Joshua Lead Administration
    Lead Admin

I don't like the idea of official groups personally. You're deeming one business or another ultimate winning. It's not fair when you have other corporations. I'd much rather change the system itself to work better with the corporation system.

9. NoyStaLgiA

Even if you let “corporations” to be the ones who deciding on ADs, it won’t stop criminals from for example still posting illegal/unrealistic ads.
    As for now, they can’t really do anything Weazel related anyway and can only have the weazel vans (which can be used for reporting or writing, and that you can leave them), but the way ADs work have to change imo.
    It’s just a really mess and unrealistic really..
    It’s just doesn’t makes much sense that criminals can be reporters tbf. So letting them make ADs is wrong imo. (Which is whY I personally against even letting them drive Weazel vans... Weazel is a legal group, not illegal)

#9 NoyStaLgiA, Mar 25, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  10. Joshua

Joshua Lead Administration
    Lead Admin

You could always put it in the hands of government to issue advertisement licenses, have it be an RP issue that ads are reviewed by people other than an entirely new corporation (aka server funded group).

11. Antonio "Desmond" Hyun

I love this idea! I think it will be fun to have weazel new people doing the proper job

NoyStaLgiA likes this.
  12. TallyHooooo!

TallyHooooo! Newer Guy

I would apply right now. I like this idea very much. Nothing too powerful yet a legit business.

NoyStaLgiA likes this.
  13. Rockses

Rockses Newer Guy

Have a new license for advertisement which would add you to a group that would get those calls for advertisements. Taking those calls would be a first come first serve sort of situation. Encourage in-depth RP with it so people don't just quickly farm the advertisements for money not giving others a chance at risk of losing your license if you use it irresponsibly.

14. TallyHooooo!

TallyHooooo! Newer Guy

If anyone was on yesterday, I think it was clear that the advertisement provision was being miss used. Users were thrown up random messages just to be seen. Weather it is this route or another I believe it is very much needed.

NoyStaLgiA likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice